Pre Release SC6 Geralt of Rivia Gameplay Discussion.

AndyrooSC

IVE WAITED FOR THIS!!!
Tbh from a actual gameplay standpoint we do see little from his reveal trailer, especially as it looks chopped and the camera angle edited but I just made a GIF for the 'gameplay' just to save having to skip forward a minute and a half to see it in the reveal trailer.

It is hard to understand anything that is going on exactly apart of the CE at the end.

I broke it up into a few GIFs, feel free to try guess what is happening in these lol

SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC (1).gif

Something caused LH lol into a knockdown attack.
God knows what that magic looking attack is, it looks like we see that soul charge glow so maybe its a combo ender as they already in the air. We see later on that his sword is glowing when he does his CE which does look like Soul Charge but its not glowing here.

SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC (2).gif

Mid strings done on Groh, then it looks like a low it string on Kilik unless its actually a grab which have been cut to look different. That last hit doesnt seem to be part of it because its a Soul Charged Kilik that its uses that its at least been edited for that however it gives that LH effect maybe the condition is when hitting a airbourne opponent.
SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC (3).gif

Bcak throw animation? Reminds me of Ezio.
SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC (4).gif

Here is CE start up and what the range looks like.

Future gameplay clips/footage can be brought here too.

Please Discuss

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC.gif
    SOULCALIBUR_VI_Geralt_of_Rivia_Reveal_Trailer_PS4_X1_PC.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 628
This trailer didn't show much tbh, it was more focus on making some cinematic actions stuffs, make sens i guess since their main targets for this was Witcher fans and casuals/Not FG fans in general.

God knows what that magic looking attack is, it looks like we see that soul charge glow so maybe its a combo ender as they already in the air. We see later on that his sword is glowing when he does his CE which does look like Soul Charge but its not glowing here.

The fire magic in the trailer is Geralt's Level 3 Igni.

Witcher 3

Level 3 Igni.gif

Soul Calibur VI

Geralt's Level 3 Igni.gif

soulcalibur_vi_geralt_of_rivia_reveal_trailer_ps4_x1_pc-2-gif.48686

Mid strings done on Groh, then it looks like a low it string on Kilik unless its actually a grab which have been cut to look different. That last hit doesnt seem to be part of it because its a Soul Charged Kilik that its uses that its at least been edited for that however it gives that LH effect maybe the condition is when hitting a airbourne opponent.

They might be some of Geralt throws.

Back Throw Comparison Ezio vs Geralt

Ezio SCV

Ezio Back Throw.gif

Geralt SCVI

Geralt Back Throw.gif

Similar, but different arms, honestly, killing blows like that will all look pretty similar.

One thing I'm wondering. Will Geralt have a different stance where he draws the other sword of his?

One thing I'm wondering. Will Geralt have a different stance where he draws the other sword of his?
He does use the other sword in that trailer a few times(he's actually using the other sword in that first gif), but I don't know if it'll be with a stance or something else. I can't really picture a quick way to smoothly switch out swords, since he also has to put the other one away.

View attachment 48684
Something caused LH lol into a knockdown attack.
The magic attack is Igni. Looks like it’ll function similarly to Nightmare’s old 6BBBBBBBB, except with use for juggles. Geralt also uses Igni in his CE (after using Axii to stun the opponent), but that’s just an attack-throw animation.

It’ll be interesting to see what they do with his other signs. We saw Quen in the non-gameplay fight against Mitsurugi. I’m hoping it’s not just a lame, low-damage, general-use aGI (e.g. ZWEI’s 6A+B). Aard might be a Vader-style unblockable. I have no idea if or how they’ll do Yrden. Considering they managed to make Ezio’s gun and crossbow work pretty well I’m sure they thought of something.

I don't really see the point of him changing swords mid-fight. Witchers always carry a silver sword for fighting monsters and ghosts in addition to a steel sword for fighting people so he would draw whichever he would need for the opponent he is fighting at that time. Using both swords for one opponent wouldn't make sense from the Witcher series viewpoint.

So we get to see some slightly extended cuts of Geralt gameplay in the Geralt Showcase

SoulCalibur_VI_Geralt_Showcase_PS4.gif

The full version of his back throw.
SoulCalibur_VI_Geralt_Showcase_PS4 (1).gif

This looks like a grab from in Soul Charge, whatever it is looks like it gives good oki.
SoulCalibur_VI_Geralt_Showcase_PS4 (2).gif

Reversal Edge B as Groh opts for crouch then we see the 2 hits from the reveal trailer then a knockdown hit.
This could be all guaranteed after a successful RE B.
SoulCalibur_VI_Geralt_Showcase_PS4 (3).gif

We see what looks like a 3B into a string then ends in the fire magic attack.

View attachment 48714
This looks like a grab from in Soul Charge, whatever it is looks like it gives good oki.
Watching it in slow motion after the grab he puts his steel sword away, casts aard to launch them, pulls out the silver for the jumping attack, then switches swords back at the end.

I just noticed the same burst from his feet at the start of that throw is also at the end of the combo against Zasalamel. I wonder if that has something to do with sign use since they both moves used one.

Back