[Seattle, WA] Ragin' in the Rain

Dammit, gentlemen I apologize. I didn't see that anyone had posted on here so I didn't respond. As I said we're looking into moving and actually found a pretty large place right around the corner from where we're at on Greenwood.

So listen seeing as we have a couple of newer guys coming on now, and my boy Heaton who just came back up here from AZ wants to get his ass beaten down, Sweets and I will host this coming Friday as a meet and greet/get together/scene discussion thing. We'll buy some pizzas (I hope you all like roasted garlic because we found a godly fucking pizza with that on it!) get some games in and start organizing and a discussion over what we need to do to keep the SC scene strong and alive here. Things are going to be REALLY big for this game so I want us to have a few people on the forefront and get y'all the recognition y'all deserve. So holla at us and let us know what's up.

For you newer guys, Gigasbuster, and j0shimitsu I'm glad you guys found us. We've got a good group of guys here who are welcoming and I have to say I'm thankful to have met and can call my friends. Post up and let us know if you need some help attending gatherings. As of now, we live in the Greenwood/Ballard/Crown Hill area and will be hosting out of there until we move in the not so distant future. My address is 9543 12th ave. NW Seattle, WA 98117. If you need to contact me please don't be shy and hit me up on my cell at (206) 293-6501. If you have any questions/concerns/requests let me know. I hope to see some new faces in the coming weeks. And as I said we have guys who live all over the place so maybe if you live near them they may be able to carpool with you if transportation is a problem. I myself am having car issues otherwise I'd be more than happy to pick you up myself.

Gigasbuster, what are do you stay in? Will you need help with transportation? Let us know.

j0shimitsu, I remember your name from the SC3 cabinet in Gameworks and it now makes sense why your name was always on top of that damn Challenge mode with you living in Downtown as you do. You have no idea how much me and my boy Sweets was working to get up to where you were at. Lol! I actually work at the Sheraton, so if you wanted to meet up and see I'm not some sort of serial killer and get a drink or whatever let me know.

I know I may be coming off as a little anxious but as you can ask anyone on these forums and these guys here in Seattle personally, I love this damn series and will do whatever I can to get/keep a scene going here for it. You can look back on this thread and see our history of close to 2 straight years of sessions every Friday. And once this new game comes out we'll be doing that once again. I have no problem with housing people overnight if needed. If someone wanted to get some games in on any other night I'm so down. I get off at 11 though Sun-Wed. so it would have to be after that during those days and Thurs.-Sat. it's whatever time y'all wanna play.

I'm not familiar with where Gameclucks is at but wouldn't be adverse to going out there and doing some recruiting. Gamebreakerz I know is a ways from me and what with my car situation I really won't be able to make it that far right now. If y'all can let me know where gameclucks is at and when do people meet up that would be cool. (I hate going to SRK by the way)

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text but I had to get that all out there. Basically to break it down, we will be hosting this coming Friday. I hope you new guys will consider coming and please keep in touch. If y'all have an issue that is keeping you away please let us know and we'll do our best to help resolve it.

Holla!

yo i knew your name was familiar too. my gf and friends worked there , so i was able to grind out conquest mode lol. then these scrubs super grinded so they could bump me down. they couldnt beat me one round though. shout outs to hotel workers. i work audit at the best western on 8th. off fridays and sundays. im down to grab a drink at tap house or anywhere. lookinf forward to llaying you guys and being able to imcf again lol

yo i knew your name was familiar too. my gf and friends worked there , so i was able to grind out conquest mode lol. then these scrubs super grinded so they could bump me down. they couldnt beat me one round though. shout outs to hotel workers. i work audit at the best western on 8th. off fridays and sundays. im down to grab a drink at tap house or anywhere. lookinf forward to llaying you guys and being able to imcf again lol
Lol! We knew it was something like that. The Best Western huh? Remind me to tell you my story about what happened out there to me a couple of times Lol! Yeah, I'm down bruh. If you want I actually get off tomorrow night at 11 so if you're free let me know. My treat. The tap house is literally half a block away from me so it's fine by me anytime.

Me and my friend are over in the Redmond area. That's only about a 25 minute drive under good circumstances, so I might be able to make it. Gameclucks is in Lynnwood, it's a similar distance from me but might be closer for you, not sure.

The only problem I see is that it's on Fridays, those aren't always good for me. What time do you guys start and how long does it run? Earliest I can see myself getting there on a regular basis is like 7:30. Sat-Mon is all really good for me. And if you guys go late enough, Friday would be worth the trip anyway.

I don't know if we'll come around until we can actually get our hands on SCV, do you guys have a preview version on hand or are you just playing 2/4?

Anyway, I'll give Gameclucks a call some time this week and see what they're up to as well. Want to get as many places to practice as often as possible lined up.

EDIT: What console do you guys mostly use? I've always been a stick player and right now I only have a PS3 stick.

Well one of our guys actually stays out there in Redmond if I remember right. He's a total scrub (lol) but I'm sure you'll learn quite a bit if y'all have get togethers out there. I myself actually can't make it due to my previously mentioned transportation issues. As far as our Friday sessions, the guys mostly play on 360 (I wanna discuss this) but I'll have it for both 360 and PS3 I also have a couple of sticks for 360 though. We're usually ready by 6 p.m. but can start earlier if needed. As I said, I'm a late night guy so we go until everyone wants to leave. If you want like I said we don't mind housing if you're too tired for the drive. We can get games in that Saturday that way! Lol!

I'm working on getting a copy of the game earlier than release but as of now that hasn't worked out. We will probably be playing 4 and whatever else comes up. Mostly I wanna just get things going so as many of us can meet as possible and get that familiarity and comfort level up. I plan on making as large a scene as possible and I believe that this game will be just that damn good to the point where we will have it.

I just wanna say that I will be playing this game an obscene amount. I'm hoping to go to at least 4-5 out of state tournaments and wanna represent well in the Major they'll be having here in Seattle in May. So please, if anyone wants to play don't hesitate to get at me. I've listed out my schedule, number and address. Hit us up. We're always down to play.

Should have guess Jon would never let this thread die. Well anyways just sayin' what's up to all you guys, I know I've been missing in action for a while now, but i'm still in the Seattle area, Living on campus at SPU in Fremont. It'd be great catching up with a few of you guys when SCV rolls around.

You're in Fremont??? Come through bruh. YOu know you're always welcome. I'll give you my new address when the move happens.

hi guys, how are you? its been a long time. i miss being in seattle and getting my ass kicked by you lol.
i moved back to saudi arabia :(

godd luck. and say hi to everyone.

it was dope meeting GO in person earlier today. definitely excited to meet everyone else and get some games in.
Yeah bruh, glad you could come by. Next time we'll get that drink at the Taphouse. Just hit me up and remember about this Friday!

hi guys, how are you? its been a long time. i miss being in seattle and getting my ass kicked by you lol.
i moved back to saudi arabia :(

godd luck. and say hi to everyone.
Hey Taz! Man we're gonna miss you bruh. If you ever make it back here let us know. We'll definitely get some games in. Hope you can find some SC players out there!

Wow, I decide to see if the Seattle thread is any active and here you guys are talking about GameClucks. I'm one of the regulars there and I know there are at least 4 of us who are looking forward to this game. We have a pretty even mix of SF4, MvC3, and KOF players and have been getting 15 people each week for the past month. I also hold small and cheap $2/3 dollar tournaments for everything and will be holding them for SC5, too. Lot of room for multiple setups there, too.

GameClucks has just moved to be a few blocks away from Alderwood Mall off I-5 at 3333 184th ST, Lynnwood, WA 98037. We hold Thursday Night Fights every Thursday from 3-10pm. Venue fee is $3.

If you guys have any questions about GameClucks or whatever, feel free to reply, PM, Facebook, etc.

If you host it (tournaments especially), I will probably come. I'll probably already be there for the UMvC3 anyway.

I know there's some conflict next month for Thursday, but that might just affect our Dante's events. I'll keep you updated.

One of our guys who is most excited doesn't come in until a little before that. Tournaments might be around that time too if it worked for people.

Back