secret of just guard

kenhowe

[08] Mercenary
Tap g as the animation of the attacks begins for normal moves, same principle apply to UBs & charge moves, but u have to wait a bit for the charge, its that simple, forget all the frames bs, don't make it harder then it suppose to be.if you wait till right b4 the attack hits & press g its 2 late, again, tap g as the attack animation starts.

Tap g as the animation of the attacks begins for normal moves, same principle apply to UBs & charge moves, but u have to wait a bit for the charge, its that simple, forget all the frames bs, don't make it harder then it suppose to be.if you wait till right b4 the attack hits & press g its 2 late, again, tap g as the attack animation starts.
I'm a bit confused... Just Guarding is when you push G just as the move is about to make contact to your character. Or, if I heard correctly from friends last night, there's a 4frame window? Wouldn't pressing G as the animation of the move begins just means you block it?

Or are you saying to mash G once you see the move? If so, I believe mashing G for a JG has been proven faulty.

The 4 frame window is for pressing G. This ensures that you can get JG on any kind of controller, including pad (no feather-touch Sanwas necessary).

The actual JG window is 6 frames starting on release of G.

You have to let go to Just Guard.

Ok, go to training mode & set the CPU to do a move, any move. Watch as the attack animation begin, tap g as fast as possible & release g, u will have a just guard every time. Doesn't matter how many frames a move has. For example, natsu's a & astaroth's a+b is the same. Now for charge moves & UBS, there is always a slight pause before the move hits, tap g as soon as u see the pause. All the be ableout frames is just there to confuse u. KISS- keep it simple stupid.

Ok, go to training mode & set the CPU to do a move, any move. Watch as the attack animation begin, tap g as fast as possible & release g, u will have a just guard every time. Doesn't matter how many frames a move has. For example, natsu's a & astaroth's a+b is the same. Now for charge moves & UBS, there is always a slight pause before the move hits, tap g as soon as u see the pause. All the be ableout frames is just there to confuse u. KISS- keep it simple stupid.
I'll have to test it, but even if it were true, mashing G for a JG seems unreliable, especially when there's a set way to doing it. In fact, I was playing Cerinian last night; and it's been a week into this game, he's on the road to JGing very well. without mashing.

Also, mashing G to JG any attack seems to leave you vulnerable to a lot. And if you're playing on a stick, I'm sure you could hear the player mashing his/her fingers for a JG that may or may not happen.

Not to mention, mashing is scrubby.

Where did I say mashing? I say "tap g", means u only tap it 1 time, I didn't mean tap it repeatedly...

Where did I say mashing? I say "tap g", means u only tap it 1 time, I didn't mean tap it repeatedly...
So, you're saying to tap G once you see the animation of the move start? or, in your words,
"tap g as the attack animation starts"

To just guard CE, tap g 1 TIME(just for xeph) after the pose animation is done, b4 the attack itself comes out.

I meant as his arm move forward, sorry
Well, that's what I was confused about. I was under the impression that you were saying once the animation starts, you tap G. If that were true, you'd eat about 99% of moves.

Sounds like you're implying (with your last post) to wait till the move is about to make contact.

Well, that's what I was confused about. I was under the impression that you were saying once the animation starts, you tap G. If that were true, you'd eat about 99% of moves.

Sounds like you're implying (with your last post) to wait till the move is about to make contact.

I was trying to do that the last time we were playing... Idk (because I'm not all that great) but it didn't seem to work very well as I didn't JG even once.

This is all quite frustrating

I was trying to do that the last time we were playing... Idk (because I'm not all that great) but it didn't seem to work very well as I didn't JG even once.

This is all quite frustrating
It takes time. It's harder online since lag is still prominent. You're forced to add prediction, instead of reaction, or false reactions because of lag input delay.

Please help me to understand this... So, we're supposed to tap G at the moment the other guy initiates an attack? I've been eating hits all day doing that.

Please help me to understand this... So, we're supposed to tap G at the moment the other guy initiates an attack? I've been eating hits all day doing that.
I believe that's what Kenhowe was saying... not too sure.

But a JG is tapping G as the move is about to hit, or makes contact to your character. I suppose it's a 6frame window?

It takes time. It's harder online since lag is still prominent. You're forced to add prediction, instead of reaction, or false reactions because of lag input delay.

You're probably right, here. I'll try it in training and see what happens, after that, I'll try it online and see how different it feels.

I said as the attack animation begins, some move the attack animation don't start right a way, example, leixia's 2 a+b, u tap g right after she crouches b4 the attack comes out, the crouch itself its not the attack.

Once the move animation starts, you can't just tap G and expect a JG. You would eat the move. unless the move was like i4... and there's no i4 move, and i4 is un-reactable.

I said as the attack animation begins, some move the attack animation don't start right a way, example, leixia's 2 a+b, u tap g right after she crouches b4 the attack comes out, the crouch itself its not the attack.

I have an idea. Why not make a tutorial vid? We can talk about this all day, but that hasn't really helped anyone. It's been confusing the hell out of me, for one.

Back