Seeking Sophitia Guides/Juggles/Guarantees/etc

Horken

[08] Mercenary
Hello Guys,

This is my first post here so little explanation is required. I'm playing XBOX version of SC2 with my friends and we are doing our best at duels. I can say we are no more beginners - I'd say I am an intermediate gamer. Once I mastered Cassandra I've chosen Sophitia as my next character so I could say at "Team vs mode" I'm playing with my so' called Angels Duo (Cass+Sophie).

The reason why I'm posting here is that it's very hard to get some good guide for some characters. Previously for Cassandra I've read guide by Allyourbase from here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/533008-soulcalibur-ii/faqs
and it appeared to be very helpful describing whole movelist with pros and cons of each attack. I also widened my knowledge with Cassandra frame data of each hit/combo and mostly all possible juggles.
When recently I was looking for some Sophitia guides I could not find anything except some crappy stuff about her movelist.I could figure it by myself with its usage.
The question is to you guys. In some guides the 8wayrun page was mentioned and I believe that there are still a group of immortal fans of Soul Calibur 2 staying there. I'm looking for some advices about Sophitia juggles and guarantee followups and very important frame data(I don't have time to compare after which hit I can be punished by A-ing, etc.) also if there is anything else worth knowing about her.

Cheers.

Hehe. It seems to me that SC2 section is no more alive :)
Well, I figured much by myself like guarantee strings, usage of each hits in different situations, etc.
Everything except hidden stuff - ofc if there is any like JF shi* or 2G trick.
Thanks anyway.

the only JF i remember of sophitia is her cutlass europa (4[A]:A:A:A) which is not really hard to execute, and well her stab
most of her most powerful combos involves her seraphim strike, which is 236236B, for example 66B ~ 236236B is a strong one, so is 3B ~ 236236B but it becomes harder to execute.
I recommend you to stab as much as possible, wether it's her normal stab 236B or her big stab 236236B, her down hits kinda suck compared to cassandra's but you might find useful 1K and 11A[A]

the only JF i remember of sophitia is her cutlass europa (4[A]:A:A:A) which is not really hard to execute[A]

Never seen that one with JF A during 1st and the second hit(only know 3 hits in total) - gonna try it
The 236236B is kinda predictable so the land rate is poor imo. I also dont like 3B launcher - somehow compared to Cassandra's 3B this one sux to me - also not tried 236236B for airborne opponent, I was just timing 236B or putting some nasty hits like 66A+B/4B/etc.
Ye, there are some lows but I guess that BK(mid,low) is pretty ok combo as well as the ones you mentioned.
btw: 236B is one thing nice that with followup 4 deals quite a dmg and also can be changed into 236b8BAK (the lolsome combo ^^ ) when you feel like enemy is side stepping.
Thanks for your answer :) kinda shown me new options

Also here comes a question about sc2 mechanics:
somewhere on the internet seen a note about characters and their sidesteps - is it true that some characters have better sidestepping ability? They sidestep easier in what way: bigger frame for perfect sidestep, or just moves more each sidestep, or is it just bullsheet? eg Nightmare sidestepping feels like better than others, also Cervantes.

I don't know and try doing 236236B in an air combo, it takes more skills than 236B of course but deals much more damage, also 236236B is good for pressure and it's -10 on guard so it's very safe

Aaah so it is safe after all - didn't know that as well. I remember 236B is punishable.
Gonna test is as well, thanks :)

Back