SEGC Fighters Spirit II Results

Enkindu

This town needs an enema
So here is how the tournament went down:

Only 4 people were able to make it, so we all agreed to do a round robin. Everyone played 5 matches against each player.

The first match was Spam versus Xfactor. Spam used Mitsurugi, and I am not sure who Xfactor used in this match. I'll let him fill you all in who he used. He used quite a few characters today. Pyrrha, Cervy, and Ezio from what I saw. The score for that match was 5-0 Spam.

The 2nd match was myself versus Killa6. My first match of the day. I used Voldo, and Killa6 used Algol. The matches were really close, but Killa6 won the set 3-2.

The next match was Killa6 versus Spam. Some were close, some were not. The score for this set was 4-1 Killa6.

The next match was Xfactor versus myself. One match came down to the last round. The score was 5-0 Enkindu. I take a moment after the match to show Xfactor the super secret technique of executing a CE without ever entering a stance that starts with 236.

The next match was Xfactor versus Killa6. If Killa6 5-0's Xfactor this set, then he clinches tourney champion. If he loses one, then I have a chance at winning, but I would have to 5-0 Spam in order to do so. The score was 4-1 and Enkindu jumps for joy.

I got pretty nervous as Spam is a hell of a player and uses a character that gives Voldo a hard time. Killa6 watched the matches closely. I win the first two games pretty convincingly. In the 3rd match Spam gets a two round lead, and Killa6 asks "Is this going to be it?!", but I manage to scrape by and win. The score is now 3-0. I win the next match 3 rounds to 1 and we go into the last game. I win the first round, then Spam wins the next two rounds and Killa6 says again, "Is this going to be it?!" Spam tells Killa6 to shut up as it's stressing him out (lol was priceless). I win the next round with a ringout, and we go into the last round. It came all the way down to the last hit practically with me coming out victorious. I manage to win the set 5-0 and win the tourney by 1 point.

I celebrated by giving Spam a handshake, and then showing everyone how to JG Critical Edges post GI, and JGing out of tech traps. A little bit later on, I show spam some glitches with Voldo, and he shows me his Maid Mitsurugi custom (shudders). We all continued taking turns playing each other in casuals for the next few hours before Xfactor and myself take off. It was a lot of fun and I wish it didn't have to end.

The scores were as follows:

Enkindu - 12 Points
Killa6 - 11 Points
Spam - 6 Points
Xfactor - 1 Point(s)

♥ you all

Highlights:

Enkindu changing the prize from "Winner Takes All" to "1st place gets $25, 2nd place gets $15" before the tourney starts.

Xfactor's only win was against Killa6! The person who put Kayane into the losers bracket at CEO 2012. One could say that this means that Xfactor > Kayane.

Killa6 and myself offer to buy Spam a tasty alcoholic for his birthday (he turned 30 today) with our winnings only to find out that Spam is allergic to alcoholic drinks.

Xfactor versus Killa6 game 4 was the game that Xfactor won. He won the match by punishing one of Algols lesser safe moves using Cervys Critical Edge. I was watching the matches with Spam and a P4A player. Spam looked a little surprised at how excited I was when Xfactor won.

Killa6 doing 90% damage combos with Algol, pretty much destroying everyone with them. He was also a JG beast. JGing attacks from neutral which equates to JGing on reaction. He was definitely the most skillful player today and should've won the tourney.

We missed everyone that wasn't able to show up for what ever reason. No ill feelings at all. I hope you are able to make it to the next one.

Thank you to Killa6, Spam, and Xfactor for showing up! Special thanks to Xfactor for giving me a ride. I love all our Florida players.

Back