[Sep 9, 2012] TTT Presents: Summers End Tournament Series (Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5V 1J9)

neorussell

[10] Knight
TTT Presents: Summers End Tournament Series
------------------------------------------------------

What is Summers End? Summers End is an all out celebration of the Toronto Fighting Game Community. 2 consequtive weekends of tournaments for every current hardcore competitive fighting game around, held at our very own beloved A&C World in Downtown Toronto. The action only gets more intense with the addition of high calibre sponsors and even crazier prizes than ever before. This year, we're also proud to play host to the CANADA CUP 2012 Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2012 Team Canada Qualifier where one champion will qualify for a chance to fly to Calgary and play on Team Canada vs the best of the best from around the globe at Canada Cup 2012. Not forgetting the other great players and games out there ,3 champions from UMVC3, KOFXIII, and Mortal Kombat will be going to NEC 2012 in Philidelphia, Pennsylvania FULLY SPONSORED for a chance to experience the international stage of competition and make their mark.

It might be the summers end, but it's really just the beginning...

WHEN:

Saturday, September 1st, 2012
Sunday, September 2nd, 2012
Saturday, September 8th, 2012
Sunday, September 9th, 2012

WHERE: A&C World
702A Spadina Avenue
Toronto, Ontario

COST:
$10 Venue Fee, $10 entry per tournament

SCHEDULE:
Saturday, September 1st, 2012 - P4U, Skullgirls, GGAC+R*, BBCSEX
Sunday, September 2nd, 2012 - KOFXIII, Mortal Kombat 9

Saturday, September 8th, 2012 - SSFIV:AE2012 CC2012 Qualifier, UMVC3, SFxT
Sunday, September 9th, 2012 - VF5:FS, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur V

GENERAL RULES
-------------------------
- All matches will be 2/3 sets, 2/3 rounds per match
- Timers will be set to their standard configurations
- All Finals matches will be 3/5 sets, 2/3 rounds per match ** UMVC3 Top 8 will all be 3/5 sets **
- Any stoppage in play must be reported to a tournament director for review. Mid game stoppages will result in a forfeit of the current round by the offending player.
- You will be given a 2 minute warning when your match is called. After your 2 minute warning you are at risk of forfeiting the match and being sent to losers bracket or disqualified from the tournament.

PRIZES
-------------------------

1st Place - %70 of total prize pool
2nd Place - %20 of total prize pool
3rd Place - %10 of total prize pool

Canada Cup 2012 Qualifier Rules and Conditions
-------------------------------------------------

- THIS PRIZE ONLY APPLIES TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA
- ** THIS TOURNAMENT IS CHARACTER LOCK ** This means the character you choose to start the tournament is the character you must play through the entire tournament.
- The Team Canada roster is comprised of 5 players with no character duplicates. This means if another qualifier tournament has run and a player using your character has already qualified, this automatically disqualifies the ability for the winning character to be used by anyone else. As CCG.Air is Team Captain, RYU is already locked. If a player using an already qualified character wins, the qualifying spot will be passed on to the next eligible placing player.

NEC Sponsorship Qualifier Rules and Conditions
--------------------------------------------------
- THIS PRIZE ONLY APPLIES TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA AND MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL FROM TORONTO

- This sponsorship covers travel fare by Megabus and lodging at the event venue for the weekend of NEC.

SPONSORS
-------------------------------------
GDLK Apparel
Canada Cup Gaming Inc.

STREAM
-------------------------------------
Stream brought to you by TorontoTopTiers at http://twitch.tv/torontotoptiers
Follow us on Twitter @torontotoptiers
Check us out on Facebook http://facebook.com/torontotoptierspage

Summers End Tournament Series Schedule
---------------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 1st, 2012
12:00PM EST - Doors Open
2:00PM EST - Registration Closes for P4U and Skullgirls
2:30PM EST - Brackets begin for P4U and Skullgirls
4:00PM EST - Registration closes for BBCSEX
4:30PM EST - Brackets begin for BBCSEX

Sunday, September 2nd, 2012
2:00PM EST - Registration closes for all games
2:30PM EST - Brackets being for MK9 and KOFXIII

Saturday, September 8th, 2012
2:00PM EST - Registration closes for AE2012 and UMVC3
2:30PM EST - Brackets for AE2012 begin
4:00PM EST - Brackets for UMVC3 begin
5:30PM EST - Registration for SFxT Ends
6:00PM EST - Brackets begin for SFxT

2:00PM EST - Registration closes for VF5:FS and SCV
2:30PM EST - Brackets begin for VF5:FS and SCV
4:00PM EST - Registration for Tekken 6 ends
4:30PM EST - Brackets for Tekken 6 begin

Questions, feel free to ask.

NeoRussell

Keep in mind that you can participate for any games but if you are just interested in SCV, then save this date:

2:00PM EST - Registration closes for VF5:FS and SCV
2:30PM EST - Brackets begin for VF5:FS and SCV
4:00PM EST - Registration for Tekken 6 ends
4:30PM EST - Brackets for Tekken 6 begin

NeoRussell

I'm very interested for SCV. But you don't get sponsored if you win... Why must it always be SC...

And I thought SC official rules were all matches 3/5 sets now.

I'm very interested for SCV. But you don't get sponsored if you win... Why must it always be SC...

And I thought SC official rules were all matches 3/5 sets now.
SC on the backburner again.

I don't mean the be the bearer of drama and anti-hype, but with SC being put on the backburner, it really doesn't hype me up to attend this event. In fact it makes me not want to support it at all. Especially with a game like MK being a year older than SC, yet having a sponsorship prize while SC doesn't, but I guess it's because Russ has been more of an MK player than an SC player for the past year and supports their community more.

But regardless of how it makes me feel, I'll try to make it to this.

Soul Calibur is Best 3 out of 5. The rules is just to cover all games.

The decision regarding prizes has nothing with what I play. They do have something to do with what our Sponsors are helping us out with. TTT does not have enough budget to cover all games. Our sponsors are only willing to assist with those 3 specific games.

Oofmatic: How exactly is "SC on the backburner again"? I'm curious when was the first or any other time? Personally, I don't like how you represented me with your post either.

NeoRussell

The First Prizes for games without Travel prizes are as below! GET HYPE

The following 1st place winners of each of these games will receive a TE Fightstick courtesy of MadCatz Inc.!

Persona 4 Arena
Soul Calibur V
SkullGirls
VF5:FS
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend
Street Fighter x Tekken

Oofmatic: How exactly is "SC on the backburner again"? I'm curious when was the first or any other time? Personally, I don't like how you represented me with your post either.
I suppose you haven't travelled out to tournaments enough to realize how often SC has been put on the backburner, especially when Capcom games are present. "Backburner" and "SoulCalibur" are pretty much synonymous now.

And of course you don't like how I represented you.

Styder convince Vince to show up.
I think we have 7:
Me
Russell
Partisan
Southern
Sifu
Southern
Harry
That will be there for sure and if we get more that good. So we'll probably have 10+ players.

Russell will we have stream time?

UPDATE: A&C Games has kindly provided 6 passes for two to see the upcoming horror film "The Apparition"

We are excited to announce that Emiko's Mini-Convention of Waterloo will be joining the sponsorship roster and has provided 6 passes to the convention in January 2013. You can check them out at http://www.go2emc.ca/win12/

Just want to put this here since it was posted on Facebook:
Vince Rxs Hui
So I heard some folks were upset that SCV isn't getting a Sponsorship prize for Summers End. While it's unfortunate that I can't provide that kind of prize for SCV (it's coming out of my own pocket, you're welcome). I did update the thread on 8wayrun to reflect some additional prizing you guys may be interested in!

• Vince Rxs Hui That said, if you want SCV to get more support and for the community to keep growing, it's up to you as individuals to help that along. Organizers can only do so much and can only carry so much on their shoulders. It's up to the community as a whole to help things grow.
    Yesterday at 1:18pm · · 3

• Matic D. Oof While I appreciate your generosity and support for the FGC, I'm just curious, is there a reason MK got chosen over SC for sponsorship even though SC is year newer and has a larger turnout for majors (400+ entrants at Evo vs 200+ for MK).
    Yesterday at 3:19pm via mobile ·

• Troy Bobb Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't MK been getting better turnouts locally?
    Yesterday at 8:26pm ·

• Vince Rxs Hui
    ‎^^ I have nothing against SCV. Reality is though your turn outs are low, and there's not much movement from within the scene that I personally see to indicate folks are pushing more people to play. The MK guys work just as hard if not ha...See More
    Yesterday at 8:34pm ·

• Russell Ordona MK altogether gets better turnouts over the past tournaments TTT has done. Can't argue with the numbers. Not saying SC community does not support their game but overall, MK is getting more consistent numbers than SC.
    about an hour ago ·
How about we show them how wrong they are, and beat MK in turnout? Make Vince realize that he should have given SCV the sponsorship prize.

Also who wants to make a bet that there will be a larger turnout for SCV than there will be for MK at NEC?

Just want to put this here since it was posted on Facebook:
Vince Rxs Hui
So I heard some folks were upset that SCV isn't getting a Sponsorship prize for Summers End. While it's unfortunate that I can't provide that kind of prize for SCV (it's coming out of my own pocket, you're welcome). I did update the thread on 8wayrun to reflect some additional prizing you guys may be interested in!

• Vince Rxs Hui That said, if you want SCV to get more support and for the community to keep growing, it's up to you as individuals to help that along. Organizers can only do so much and can only carry so much on their shoulders. It's up to the community as a whole to help things grow.
    Yesterday at 1:18pm · · 3

• Matic D. Oof While I appreciate your generosity and support for the FGC, I'm just curious, is there a reason MK got chosen over SC for sponsorship even though SC is year newer and has a larger turnout for majors (400+ entrants at Evo vs 200+ for MK).
    Yesterday at 3:19pm via mobile ·

• Troy Bobb Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't MK been getting better turnouts locally?
    Yesterday at 8:26pm ·

• Vince Rxs Hui
    ‎^^ I have nothing against SCV. Reality is though your turn outs are low, and there's not much movement from within the scene that I personally see to indicate folks are pushing more people to play. The MK guys work just as hard if not ha...See More
    Yesterday at 8:34pm ·

• Russell Ordona MK altogether gets better turnouts over the past tournaments TTT has done. Can't argue with the numbers. Not saying SC community does not support their game but overall, MK is getting more consistent numbers than SC.
    about an hour ago ·
How about we show them how wrong they are, and beat MK in turnout? Make Vince realize that he should have given SCV the sponsorship prize.

Also who wants to make a bet that there will be a larger turnout for SCV than there will be for MK at NEC?

I'm down for this. If SC players can show us they are dedicated and want to work at growing the community further than it already is, then we are here to help. However we need consistently solid numbers to validate increasing future prizes. The harder the community works, the easier it makes it for organizers and sponsors to start dropping big prizes/money into the community. The amount of prizing and such is highly dependant on the statistics of attendees both at majors and at local events.

Russell, is there any chance you could move soul calibur to sept 1st or 2nd?
I'm gonna be in Toronto from Aug 26th to Sept 5th, and I'd love to compete in SCV.
If it's a hassle then don't worry about, but please do let me know.

Thanks for the consideration.

TTT SUMMERS END PRIZE UPDATE: One final Sponsorship for NEC2012 has been instated! For all tournaments not already receiving a sponsorship prize, the game with the largest amount of attendees will receive the Sponsorship prize to go to NEC2012 fully covered! GET IN THERE!!

Eligible Games: P4A, BBCSEX, VF5FS, SCV, SFxT, Tekken 6, Skullgirls

I have just booked work off on the 9th and will be there 100%.

RXS - sounds good man. Will the one with the highest attendance still get the arcade stick with the sponsorship?

Gonna try to promote this tourney to any Canadian SCV player I encounter online, as well get in touch with any players who are currently inactive.

Let's get that sponsorship! I advise against any SCV player from entering P4A since I am assuming that game will be our biggest threat when it comes to this attendance competition!

Back