Setsuka Novice Guide Tutorial

I just caught this on Reddit. I greatly appreciate your breakdown. As a veteran of the character, do you use the 214 inputs after starting a combo? I have been unable to get 214 3B inputs to work at all mid-combo.

I have been unable to get 214 3B inputs to work at all mid-combo.

The trick I've learnt to do is to pause for a split second after doing 2143BB and then do 2143aB faster. It's hard and has taken me days to get it down, but I'm at the point where I can land it 90% of the time. The other 10% is my muscle memory going out of wack which is infuriating because that's something that just happens that can only be solved with a break rather than training.

I just caught this on Reddit. I greatly appreciate your breakdown. As a veteran of the character, do you use the 214 inputs after starting a combo? I have been unable to get 214 3B inputs to work at all mid-combo.

I generally don't do the Technical commands for the 214 moves in combos, because I tend to concern myself with consistency over a little extra damage until I can basically get it at a whim. It's a pretty similar case to @sytus where I perform 214 smoothly, then "snap" off the 3a:B. Like a lot of Setsuka's JF, it's basically a "feel" most of the time.

Back