Setsuka's Throws

kingbastek

[08] Mercenary
Hello, im new to using Setsuka and I just wanted to know why her throws (at least the A+G, and her special throw) do so little damage compared to everyone else? Someone said in another thread that Setsuka has "an insane throw game" and I just wanted to know what the reasoning was behind this. Thanks : ).

Setsuka's throws

A+G can be followed up (against most characters) with A+K B, 2143aB. 214B+G can also be followed up with 2143a:B or 22+88A+B, A. Again, against most characters it's guaranteed damage and far out-damages all but some of the most damaging command throws.

Setsuka's throws

I believe its about 64 damage with those follow ups mentioned. I don't know about "insane" but its all right--its as much as the damage for her non-JF umbrellla combos.

The 214B+G can lead to strong wall combos though.

Setsuka's throws

A+G A+K B JF Umb is 67 damage, and 214B+G JF Umb is 70, that's a lot of damage off of throws in this game.

Setsuka's throws

doodey, i agree its a lot of throw damage,but have u ever tried to execute it?? o.0

if u can do it 5 times in a row then setsu's " throw" is overpower

Setsuka's throws

Her throw game is solid, and she has decent throw range.

A+G = Potential 64 damage with possible RO in the 5'oclock direction
B+G = 55 damage + wakes
Left side throw: 60 damage + wakes
Right side throw: 65 damage, ends in BT with opponent on the ground next to you
Back throw: 60 damage, RO backwards
Command throw: Potential 70 damage, Wallstun gives brainless A+KB, Umbrella after for potential 100+ damage.

Setsuka's throws

I actually forgot to recognize the rest of her throws. Her throw game is definitely solid as Shenrei pointed out.

But I would've like to trade one of her command throws for one with true RO ability. Something like Kilik's B+G throw that throws to his back wouldve been nice. :)

Setsuka's throws

Yeah seriously, 109 damage off of a throw is no joke

My question is, does the command throw have a smaller break window?

Setsuka's throws

I'm not 100% sure, but to me it feels like the break window is the same as a normal throw when I tested it out.

Setsuka's throws

as far as i know all command throws have smaller break window... so when u break the 214B+G see if u can get an early break... if not then u do not have more than 8-9 frames to break the throw... cause normal throws give u about 13 frames to break them... and jf throws like asta or ivy i think gives u 4-5 frames to break... i am not 100% sure on how many frames it is for setsuka but i think its about 8-9...

Back