Picture 007.jpg
Picture 009.jpg
Merry Christmas!!!

---Well, here we go 8WayRunners!!!---
---I introduce to you my Soul Calibur II Arcade Cabinet!!!---
The pics are mixed. Some of them are in my house and some at the arcade.​
Merry Christmas!!!

1475-it-is-beautiful-cole.jpg

Can i vist you? i'll bring the hawaiian tiki drinks! Damn man thats INSANE, you got the real deal going on in there, your purchase was well worth it imo, now thats what being a true soulcalibur fan is all about!

1475-it-is-beautiful-cole.jpg

Can i vist you? i'll bring the hawaiian tiki drinks! Damn man thats INSANE, you got the real deal going on in there, your purchase was well worth it imo, now thats what being a true soulcalibur fan is all about!
HELL YEAH!!! Bring some Luau girls with you too. It was worth it, I love SC!

Hey, nice cab, too.

Here's a couple notes for you (and by a couple of notes, I mean a short book):
- You can replace the DVD drive with many aftermarket DVD/DVD-R drives. The boot time will be better, but it will draw more power. Watch for marks on your IO board if you do this. I have 3 spare if you burn one....

- Some games (Tekken 4) will NOT work with like 90% of after-market DVD drives. SC2/3 work with everything.

- Don't spend $50 on a replacement drive from Ebay - I replace my 246 drives with $14 specials from Frys.

- The blue disc is Version D - you should be able to start it up with all characters unlocked. The other version had the time/event release characters and some bugs.

- If you want to try Version A or if you want to archive your version D, you can do so with normal DVD-Rs. If your disc isn't in the best shape, this is the best way to speed up the long boot time of the 246.

- Check the big silver box (System 246) in there for a sticker. See if it says something like "Sys 246A" or something. If you're lucky, you actually got a 256 or a 246B.

- Replace that garbage Namco IO with a Sega JAMMA/JVS IO and you can use that machine with most JVS systems (NAOMI, Lindbergh, Taito, etc). You can probably use it now with any JAMMA system (Atomiswave, Neo Geo, etc).

- Capcom Fighting Jam (Fighting Evolution over here), Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 3:AE, Basara X are all usually pretty accessible and great fighting titles to own on the 246. Fate: Unlimited Codes is great, but hard to find and usually expensive. Don't ask about Bloody Roar. Don't ever ask about Bloody Roar.

- Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2 and 3 can be used with PS pads plugged into the front of the unit (the 246 is a weird Playstation 2 - seriously). Not all games support this, but most Namco games seem to. You probably have a little metal grill covering the area where the PS2 controller and memory card slots would be.

- The PS2 memory card "thingies" are your security dongle and SC2 memory card. The dongle (unmarked except for a serial number) must be on the left and is nearly irreplaceable - Namco wants a lot of cash to replace the DVD and dongle on 246 games. The one on the right is a normal memory card that you can wipe from the test menu. I *think* (haven't tried) you can replace this with an old PS2 memory card as long as it's 8M.

- If your 246 ever gets "stuck" (especially when changing games) there are 4 switches on the bottom right of the face of the unit. Flip the switch furthest to the right "up" and boot it with no game for few minutes. Flip it back down and put the game in. Should work fine after that. This happens a *lot* when switching between Fighting Evo and other games for some odd reason.

- The same switch mentioned above will get you into the test menu. You probably have a TEST/SERVICE switch behind the coin door that you can use rather than flipping the dip switch. You only really need to flip the dip switch if you run into a stuck 246 (as mentioned above).

- If you replace the joystick/buttons you'll probably want Sanwa JLW-UM or JLW-TMs. The buttons you'll want to get will be Happ Competitions. You probably won't be able to fit any Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons on it unless you cut some sheet metal. :\

Let me know if you get stuck.

Wow I have a lot to go over. Thanks for your info and help and I'll update you about things.

Yea, let me know. I've had 246s for a few years now.

Here's another wall of text for the stuff I forgot earlier:

It looks like you're missing the metal cover from your 246. There should be a cover that goes over the top of the unit with a "MagicGate" logo. I think I have a spare. You're fine running it that way as long as crap can't get into it and you can't hear the obnoxious fan. Nothing in there really gets hot, but it does collect dust like a champ.

You mentioned the controls were weird. Something about a button not working or randomly working? Try unplugging/replugging the 20 pin cable (the thing that looks like an old harddrive cable) that's on the right of the 246 and connects to the IO board. If that cable is stretched, damage or just not quite in right... you'll have control issues and errors during start-up. You might want to do the same to the JAMMA connector on the IO board. Sometimes they'll build up dust and/or oxidize. There's a JVS test menu you can use to see if the controls and wiring are OK - just paperclip short the switch leads together. If the test menu shows it rapidly going on/off or it doesn't come on immediately... there's something wrong with the 20 pin cable or JAMMA connector/wiring.

The green light on your IO board is supposed to indicate... something. On some machines, it'll stay on. On others, it will blink. I think blinking is supposed to mean overcurrent, but you can safely disregard it. That IO is a piece of crap. :P It will always blink if you replace the DVD-ROM. Nothing to worry about - unless it doesn't come on at all...

Make sure the machine is level and doesn't rock. Don't bump the cabinet while the 246 is on. It won't damage anything, but it'll lock up your game. The 246 reads from the disc 100% of the time while it's on - any bumps, scratches or dust while it's on will lock the whole damn thing up. This is also why you have to replace the DVD-ROM somewhat regularly. :\

I have the metal piece, it's just off for now.

I'll make a check list lol.

---Well, here we go 8WayRunners!!!---
---I introduce to you my Soul Calibur II Arcade Cabinet!!!---
The pics are mixed. Some of them are in my house and some at the arcade.​
Merry Christmas!!!
I WANT....I SOOOO WANT THAT!!!

Back