Should talim return?

• Yes

Votes: 32 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I'd rather see her replaced

Votes: 7 15.6%

• Total voters
Verypogikid I love your picture there :P Do you have a higher resolution pic of that?

Yeah - I think I agree with you about Talim. I love playing Talim partly because she is weaker than other characters. It wouldn't feel right if she was top tier or super powerful. Part of playing Talim means fighting hard and doing your best in every fight - trying very hard to beat the slight odds against you is all part of Talim.

I'm not saying she should be weak - no not at all, but I think that having to try hard is part of her character.

Personally I think that what she should be is difficult, as in like voldo, a top tier character who isn't played very often at all due to his complexity, or like setsuka's precision. Though I would prefer her to be complex.

P.s linked the petition as my status on facebook, already got a couple of friends who don't even play to sign on. lets cross our fingers for a big number :)

Of course I liked her on facebook! I ALWAYS like Talim @_@

I wonder if the characters they introduced first, were introduced because they were easier to make and balance? Talim should be a little weaker than others, or she wouldn't be Talim.

I shouldn't tweet that to Daishi though should I?

Thanks again for the picture! I'm going to go look for other awesome pics!
Well, here's some that I've been collecting. The last one is drawn by me and I've got two more pictures but they have Raphael in it so I don't know if you would want to see it. Why are the pictures so big! Sorry about that.
12126c8757f90708ff473395054c709a.jpg
talim_sc3_ver__by_renirevenge-d4d3uhk.jpg
talim_by_darkwings13-d4a4ux6.jpg

posted it on some other facebook pages. Hopefully by the time they notice it and delete it we will get a few likes on the page

First thought : Male Talim? No freaking way.
Next : What if they changed her style, made it aggressive like with Patroklos when he inherited Soph's style?

I think it would be epic cool :D
AND I would get my 17 year old male char! ^^ Oh, and I feel for your loss and stuff...
(another petition???)

I honestly would hate a male replacement, simply because male characters have never really captured the elegance and grace Talims acrobatics contain. in general gender doesnt matter but within video game stereotypes a male would drastically change the style.

Personally I wouldn't mind a female replacement at all however.

A male replacement is what im leaning more towards because that whole girly WIND battle quote is the reason i play my game in Japanese now. A more mature voice may help her out but there are other wind words in exisitence such as Breeze, Blow, Twister, Tornado or Gust. Even Soar would work for me.

A male replacement is what im leaning more towards because that whole girly WIND battle quote is the reason i play my game in Japanese now. A more mature voice may help her out but there are other wind words in exisitence such as Breeze, Blow, Twister, Tornado or Gust. Even Soar would work for me.

How about neither. Wind is a crappy element to begin with.

I'll be completely honest although I would not mind her inclusion what exactly does she have to contribute to the story that is being created?

Pros: won a popularity poll on favorite SC characters way back when, she was young in the previous games and so would not be too old 17 years later, unique fighting style, wind is continuously mentioned in the demos of SCV possibly hinting towards Talim returning or just coincidence.

Cons: Most people liked her because she was young, innocent, and cheerful; she would lose some of this by aging, her character is one of the weakest, unbalanced, her weapon style seems to be a tad similar to Zwei's, no story relevance unless Yun-Seong returns (although she did has a destiny battle with raphael so they might try to do something this way, it seems her very demeanor is to be taken over by Leixia meaning no need for her.

if she can contribute to the story (at all) then say let her return...if not I don't really care if she returns. story is not the main focus of fighting games but I'm under the impression that this one will have a bit more plot (and connections) than usual and if Talim can't fit into this then her place on the roster should be replaced by someone that has plot relevance.

Talim's story has always been a bit, cliche.

She essentially desires to return the swords to their natural forms, thus preventing them from being sought out and used for destruction by humanity.

However, that being said, the swords returning give her enough of a reason, story wise, to return. Regardless of whether or not it happens to be a compelling story.

Her style isn't weak, its nerfed. In sc2 she was a mid tier character who was often used in tournaments similar to X in sc4.
While her move list is more complete and useful in sc4 her moves feel as though she is moving underwater, she was much faster and safer in sc2, which obviously played out to her advantage.

I think that her character, upon return, would be one of the easiest to come up with critical edges and brave edges for that are actually new and visually stunning moves.

Quite obviously her critical edge should involve some sort of wind, whether it be she gets faster and her weapon range is extended through some visual showing the increase through some sort of wind. Or she simply does the cliche launcher, CE tornado CE that seems to be being thrown around with the characters way too often.

Her brave edges might be smaller tornadoes like say for instance 236B BE would be her little rising uppercut thinger, and then a smaller tornado would blast the opponent even higher.

While my ideas are sort of simple, they, however, have the potential to be visually stunning and retain the status of being a new move.

Her brave edges might be smaller tornadoes like say for instance 236B BE would be her little rising uppercut thinger,

You mean her SHORYUKEN!
When a tornado rips thru your house while mother nature does a finger wag scolding you, I am guaranteed to be the first one laughing at you.

Earthquake/Volcano > Tornado.

Nuff said. Wind element is more of a joke than Ice (Which is saying alot.) .

Back