Siegfried tech trap discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synraii

[14] Master
Post all your favoured tech traps here and stance roulette oppertunities
A couple of my favourites are stance roulette out of 2 [A+B] or SCH kB. Another little trick I found to he pretty effective is to cancel stance as out of chief you get an almost unseeable 2 [A+B] or WS moves out of base. Interestingly I found a largely increased sucess rate of 1B when cancelled out of SRSH.
As for tech traps, I'm unsure if it traps In all directions, but b:4 I found to be useful, paticularly after SRSH B or ending a wall combo. What about everyone else?

my favorite tech traps wud be CH WR B SCH kB SBH B 44K, SRSH B 1AA, and CH SSH A SRSH A+B. ^^

this could go somewhere. lets bring it back to life eh?

b4 ~ 1B is a great tech trap if ur opponent whiffs a GI against it. makes them think twice against GIing b4. plus if they stay on the ground u get a good amount of set up time for a stance 50/50. however that taken into account they can always just step b4 instead =/

if u ever land an SBH A+B near a wall but it doesnt spat, then ur in good luck. u can get a 1B tech trap, a guaranteed 3B, and a load of mixup options at your finger tips. not to mention potential wall combo set ups since ur near a wall. only problem is setting this up in a real match, but its a huge damage option if it lands.

44{B}(tip) SBH A+B also techs for the same options + more damage. the only problem is landing 44B at tip range. at mid range they can tech straight up, forward and i think to siegs left to avoid this. however SBH A+B also can hit grounded if they dont tech. on top of the damage potential SBH A+B also has good RO potential.

I need to retest against smalls but 2A+B SCH K appears to be a FULL tech trap at point blank - tech left at further range.

SCH (1/2){B} ~ 1B tech traps all sides. back tech suffers that strange weird angled 1B stun which guarantees 3B except for when u are standing on the right side of your opponent. smaller hitboxes still suffer the same fate, except if hit on their right side they can occasionally tech left, but sometimes not, it depends on the angle they hit the ground.

Holy shit! I LOVE YOU SLAYER! That is one of the best techtraps I could have imagined! =DDDDD

lol thx. and i figure its more practical than 3B since u can use it for GI mixup on SCH B, especially if u train ur opponent to block SCH B alot for SG pressure. plus it *MITE* work as a whiff punish or whiff punish mixup if u like to step with 2_8 B+K. could also work off 22_88B grd ~ 2_8B+K.

SCH (1/2){B} ~ 1B tech traps all sides. .

In that case, delay 33B is tech trap all side. More damage than 3B and hit on the ground. That's the main problem with 1B.
If you are able to confirm the range, 88B is tech trap at mid and long range, and of course hit on the ground.

1B is tech trap too after SRSH K, B4, and 88 [B ] SRSH B (better near the edge).

for siegs BnB SBH tech traps, try training ur opponent to get up into them by throwing out SBH {K}. that way maybe u can get off some of those SBH B ~ iagA wall combo's.

mix up 11{B} SCH k{B} SBH B traps with 11{B} SCH B+K SBH B traps. less damage, but usually they'll see u jump into SBH and try to get up right away.

lol thx. and i figure its more practical than 3B since u can use it for GI mixup on SCH B, especially if u train ur opponent to block SCH B alot for SG pressure. plus it *MITE* work as a whiff punish or whiff punish mixup if u like to step with 2_8 B+K. could also work off 22_88B grd ~ 2_8B+K.

damn i dont even understand what i was trying to say here..."more practical than 3B" i gotta stop posting when im tired...

That you should...
Btw, nobody's posted it yet so I will:
SBH A+B, near wall no splat 1B traps, presumably full, if not, tech left.

Wall combo related tech traps:

whatever ~ !W ~ iWR {B} ~ SCH k{B} ~ SBH K ~ tech3A(catches all techs, but can sometimes be teched left) !W iWR {B} SCH k{B} SBH K_B
notes: infinite tech trap in the corner, 3A does 48 dmg including !W per tech, sometimes akward !W's put u in BT

whatever ~ !W 3{B} !W (delayed) SCH k{B} SBH K ~ tech3A(catches all techs, but can sometimes be teched left) !W 3{B} !W delayed SCH k{B} SBH K_B
notes: same as above, just using 3B

3{B} !W delayed SCH k{B} SBH K ~ tech3A(catches all techs, but can sometimes be teched left) !W 3{B} !W delayed SCH k{B} SBH K_B
notes: see above, but this time 3B itself starts the combo

toher tech traps:

B2A ~ tech1A(catches all sides except backwards tech)
notes: 1AA does not combo, this tech trap leaves u at -5 disadvantage. not particularily useful though since 3B is guaranteed and does nearly as much damage, but -15 on grd at tip doesnt seem half bad for a slight chance that ur opponent will miss blocking it and go flying near/into a wall or even out of the ring

22_88A(near wall non splat/near edge non RO) ~ slightly delayed 22_88B(all tech)
notes: -

CH SBH K ~ 3A(techable left and sometimes right due to 3A whiffing at tip)
notes: yes thats right it works on its own too. just not as well as it does near a wall.

6B ~ tech 1A(all except back)
notes: hardly useful since u need to be either at point blank range or near a wall or edge for this to work, but in those situations 22_88B will catch all of that anyways. well i suppose this 1 works in the middle of the ring though and since the 1A's at tip range, -15 on grd doesnt seem half bad for a slight chance that ur opponent will miss blocking it and go flying near/into a wall or even out of the ring

6B(near wall non splat) ~ 22_88B(all tech, rarily escapable to non tracking side of each move due to weird angles)
notes: this would be nice near an edge. if the 6B doesnt actually get the RO, 88{B} SRSH B will lock it in for you.

SBH B ~ delayed low/mid horizontal or kick(delayed accordingly)(will trap to side the move tracks)
notes: if u delay almost any move after this, u have a specific timeframe where u can delay a move and it will hit just as soon as they get up to grd. too early and its a ground hit. too late and the attack gets guarded. but basically any move works here given the right timing. of course you could also just iagA or 44K or w/e other move you like anyways, so this isnt really a big deal or even much of a suprise...

44{B} delayed SBH K(all tech)
notes: yea it tech traps too. dont delay SBH K by holding it down, just wait for a quick moment and tap it.

other notes: yes there are 3B tech traps. infact most of these can be substituted for 3B. except 3B doesnt track, and when it does, it doesnt track very well. therefore the traps are pretty much useless...unless 3B is also guaranteed damage...idk where im going with this comment lol...

Just compiling a little list of all of siegfried's tech traps:

• CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :k(B): ~ SBH :B: - 88dmg.
    right techable but can rarely catch right tech at close range.
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :B::+::K: ~ SBH :B: - 63dmg.
    right techable but can rarely catch right tech at close range
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :A::+::B: - 74 dmg.
    left techable; requires precise timing
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :4::B::+::K: ~ SSH :A::+::B: - 61dmg.
    catches all tech, can be teched backwards at certain ranges; requires precise timing.
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :G: ~ :A::+::K:(slide):A:(slide):2::A: -
    catches all tech
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :G: ~ :(6)::A::+::B: -
    left techable
  • CH 11:B: (delay):(6)::A::+::B: -
    left techable
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :k(B): SBH :K: ~ :3::A: -
    left techable, right techable(range dependant); catches all tech near walls and edges
  • CH 11:(B): ~ SCH :G: ~ :B::2::A:
    back techable
  • SBH :B: ~ :B:::4: -
    right techable
  • SBH :B: ~ :(4)::(B): ~ SBH :K:
    catches all tech
  • SBH :B: ~ (slight delay) :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :(K): ~ SRSH :A::+::B:
    back techable
  • SBH :B: ~ (slight delay) :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :B:
    right techable
  • CH SBH :K: ~ :3::A:
    left techable, right techable dependant on range
  • SBH :B: ~ :B::+::K: SBH (1/4):(K):
    catches all tech
  • WR :(B): ~ SCH :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :K: -
    left techable, right techable(range dependant)
  • SRSH :(K): :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :(K): -
    right techable
  • SRSH :(K): :6::B::+::K: ~ SRSH :B:
    left techable
  • :B::4:/:B:::4: ~ :1::B: -
    catches all tech
  • :B::4:/:B:::4: ~ :6::B:
    catches all tech
  • :(4)::A: ~ :B:::4: -
    catches all tech but can be teched backwards at range
  • (near wall, W! doesnt matter):3::A: ~ :1::A::A: ~ :3::A: ~ ...
    catches all tech, can rarely be teched out of at weird angles, however results are random and inconsistent. good for setting up wall combo's and tech/oki options.
  • (near wall)CH :1::A::A: ~ :3::A: ~ :1::A::A: ~ ...
    catches all tech, can rarely be teched out of at weird angles, however results are random and inconsistent. good for setting up wall combo's and tech/oki options.
  • (near wall):3::A: ~ :(6)::A::5h::B:
    catches all tech, but can be teched right at certain angles.
  • CH :4::K: ~ :2::A: -
    left techable
  • (from opponents right side)CH :4::K: ~ :3::A:
    back techable
  • SCH (1/2):(B): ~ :1::B:
    catches all tech
  • SCH :B: ~ (very slight delay):3::A:
    catches forward tech only; catches all tech except left near wall/edge
  • SCH :B: ~ frontstep(cancel):3::B:
    left and right techable
  • CH SSH :A: ~ :(2)::(B): ~ SSH :K:
    catches all tech
  • SSH :(B): ~ SBH :K:
    catches all tech
  • SSH :(A): ~ SRSH :A::+::B:
    left and right techable
  • SSH :(A): ~ (delay)SRSH :B:
    left techable
  • SSH :(A): ~ (delay)SRSH :K:
    right techable
  • :(4)::(B): ~ SBH :B:
    catches all tech
  • :(4)::B:(grounded hit):B:
    left and right techable
  • :(4)::B:(grounded hit)/:(B): ~ SCH :A:
    left and right techable; 2nd hit of SCH :A: can be AC'd
  • SBTCH (tip):B: ~ BT :B::B:
    right techable
  • SCH (max)(close):(B): ~ :1::A::A:
    catches all tech
  • SRSH :B: ~ :B:::4:
    right techable
  • SRSH :B: ~ :(4)::(B): SBH :K:
    catches all tech
  • SRSH :B: ~ :(4)::B::B:
    right techable
  • (opponent down)SSH :(B): ~ SBH :K:
    catches all tech
  • FC :B::+::G: ~ BT i:G: ~ iWR :(A):
    back techable
  • FC :B::+::G: ~ BT 2A
    catches all tech except back* - can catch right tech, but requires special timing to do so.
This post will later be updated with more tech traps and damage values.

UPDATE:

SBTCH (tip):B: ~ BT :B::B:
right techable

SCH (max)(close):(B): ~ :1::A::A:
catches all tech

SRSH :B: ~ :B:::4:
right techable

SRSH :B: ~ 44:(B): SBH :K:
catches all tech

will add this to the above post when i have time

Okizeme post SRSH B:
Use 44B(B) - I think it's teachable to the left? High damage.
Anyway, if they tech left use 44(B) 6B+K SRSH to make them guess again and potentially double your damage.
For a right ring out, 1AA.

*Note*
By a wall, second hit of 44B(B) will whiff entirely, you will het raped if you make the mistake of whiffing in this situation.

updated. found a few new tech traps dealing with 3A, 1A and walls.

Okizeme post SRSH B:
Use 44B(B) - I think it's teachable to the left? High damage.
Anyway, if they tech left use 44(B) 6B+K SRSH to make them guess again and potentially double your damage.
For a right ring out, 1AA.
its right techable syn =P. also 44{B} ~ SBH K catches all tech.

FFS! Is there anything Ivy CAN'T do?! ~_~
I'll have to test that on the whole cast now - I'm glad I have beer right now! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back