Smartphones

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
I'm looking to upgrade to a new phone, the current HTC Design that I've had for a few years now is a massive p.o.s., and am looking for some advice. I'll admit I don't know a whole lot about what exactly to look for. The two I'm currently considering are the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Google Nexus 5 (I'm an Android guy so no iPhones).

The Nexus has a faster processor, both have the same amount of RAM but the S4 can use external and the Nexus cannot, the Nexus supposedly has a shorter battery life that the S4, the Nexus has that new KitKat operating system which is supposed to be really good, the camera on the Nexus is a bit sub-par (Nexus has an 8 MP camera and the S4 is 13 MP, also the size of the Nexus camera is f/25 which they say is smaller than most lesser-quality cameras. Not sure what size the S4 camera is), the Nexus is supposed to be more of a "pure" Android phone that doesn't have a lot of extra unnecessary stuff and features that a lot of other phones have and allows for more personalizing, flexibility, blah, blah, tech banter. Also the Nexus is WAY cheaper, the S4 is about $620+ depending where you get it and the Nexus can be as low as $349. I'm due for an upgrade so I'll probably pay way less, about $200 for the S4 and $50 for the Nexus if I remember right.

I'm not really sure which way to go as I've had really bad luck at making decisions like this in the past. If there are any other good Android phones you guys would recommend I'd appreciate that as well.

Last edited:
Get the Nexus 5... Samsung Galaxy phones are bogged down with so much shovelware that no one cares about.

Now my brother is trying to push the Moto X on me. From what I've seen it isn't quite as good as the Nexus (better camera though) so i'm still leaning towards the 5.

I still like the Moto X. Last phone I had was obviously not a Smartphone. It was a Christmas gift so I am not complaining.

Back