So FC3B ~ CE just whiffed for me (not on an airborne opponent)

FallenAngelII

[09] Warrior
So something weird just happened to me online (don't judge). I was playing against someone using a CAS using Ivy's Style (with the correct height). He did some really unsafe low (I can't remember which), I blocked it and FC3B:ed. He went flying sky high, I CE:ed... CE missed.

FC3B did not hit him while he was airborne, thus it was a full launcher. I did not mistime CE; "Ivy" remained airborne for some time after it whiffed.

So... what exactly happened here? I'm pretty sure FC3B ~ CE should work on all ranges, especially since FC3B actually brings you closer to the opponent. It should literally be impossible for FC3B ~ CE to whiff unless FC3B hits an airborne opponent or you mistime the CE.

So, one of the following things might be in play here:
* CE whiffs if FC3B hits at tiprange (I'm assuming) - Highly unlikely as this is the first time I've ever had this happen and I've had the combo hit on tiprange before.
* It's a CAS issue. This combo will whiff/has a chance of whiffing on either all CAS:es, Ivy CAS:es and/or male Ivy CAS:es. - Again, I've never had this happen before, despite playing against countless CAS:es, some of them Ivy CAS:es, some of those male Ivy CAS:es.

Anyone feel like experimenting? Primarily on the range-thing, as I'm pretty sure nobody actually cares about what will and won't hit on CAS:es. It'd be nice to know if FC3B has a chance of whiffing depending on the circumstances when it "should" hit.

It happens sometimes. That's it. I used to think it was just starting CE too early and they were too high up, but no. It's happened to me before.

It might not be 100% random, but I'm sure CAS didn't help. It's more likely to happen if you do FC 3B from tip and do CE too soon. But I dunno otherwise.

Just to note, even "correct" size CaS are still not correct hit-box wide. A prime example of this would be to have an Astaroth CaS at max height stand next to the real Astaroth. Big difference.

Back