SO-GO Bar FightZ Round 3: MIND GAMEZ!! Nov.28th.2009

D.I.N.O

[11] Champion
SOGO Bar Fightz 3!! MIND GAMEZ!!!

When: Saturday November 28th 2009, 1:00PM SIGN UPS 3:00PM START SHARP!!

Where: SoGo Bar (Over 100 Flavours of Wings!!!)4002 Sheppard Ave. East, Unit 101 (@ intersection of Kennedy And Sheppard)
Scarborough, ON
http://www.so-go-sportsbar.com

Directions
DRIVE
- 401 EAST to Kennedy Rd. (Just East of DVP/404)
-Go Left/North On Kennedy. On your right hand corner at NORTHEAST Corner of Kennedy and Sheppard. Parking Should be available all around

TTC
-85(Any) East from Don Mills Station, or 190 Express.
-43 Kennedy from Kennedy Station.

Tournament Info

Registation/Casual:
1:00PM-3:00PM SIGN UPS!!! DON’T BE LATE
Games will Start No Later 3:45PM!!!

SF4 Singles (Directed by RXS/Dinoz/??)
Format Double Elimination Best of 3 rounds, Best of 3 Matches
PS3 Console
- WF/LF/GF Best of 5 Matches
- Entry $5 Split 70/20/10
- Start Time 4PM!!

T6 Singles (Directed by Dinoz/Russ?)
Format Double Elimination Best of 5 Rounds, Best of 3 Matches
PS3 Console
- WF/LF/GFBest of 5 Matches
- Start Time 4:30PM!!

SC4 Singles (Directed by Oofmatic?)
Format Double Elimination Best of 5 Rounds, Best of 3 Matches
PS3 Console
- Start Time 5PM!!

BB Singles (Directed by djKun/Russel?)
Format Double Elimination Best of 3/5? Rounds, Best of 3 Matches
PS3 Console
- Start Time 5PM!!

Equipment
The beauty of this Venue is that they have plenty of TVs to use, plus one system already there. I still think it is in our best interest to bring at least 1-2 Setups just in case.

Hopefully there is enough Systems the day of. I’m not sure if we will need extension cables for some of the setups, but shouldn’t be a problem

SIGN UPS - Since this isn't our usual venue, and we don't want to over stay the welcome, we'll have the directors arrive at about 1pm to make sure all venue stuff is taken care of. Then from 1-3PM we do signups and try to start both games AT THE LASTEST 3:30PM!! Time is Money people!!

PLAYING MATCHES – Please go to the bracket Director (Me or Russ) and ask when your/Team match is. IF you have to leave the Venue please tell us so we are not running around for you. Also please keep all your team members together. We don’t want to stall the tourney for one Person. When Matches are being called, and we can’t find you we’ll only wait as long as the tourney permits. Once the tourney is being held up, we will be forced to DQ!!

$5 VENUE FEE/DEPOSIT FEE
As we've done before, to ensure we show the establishment the respect they deserve, we will collect $5 from all participants/directors/spectators as a deposit for the Venue. Once you send $15 Dollars minimum (and dont forget to TIP!!) we will refund your $5. Just show us your reciept. As to avoid confusion, probably best that you show your bill when you are leaving, in the interest of letting the tourney run smoothly. Any concerns let me know.

In order to Run HDR/MVC2/BB All you need is 8 people, 1 Setup, and 1 Director.

I'll talk more about these topics in the days to come.

Here is a short run down of of the registration rules.

1) Pre-registration on this thread ends on November 27th at 10pm. You'll avoid causing line blockage on the day of if you sign up now. Even if you're not certain about coming, pre-register anyway. You may also sign up for your friends.

2) On the day of the tournament, registration occurs between 1pm-3pm only. Unless you talk to Dino or myself beforehand, than it is unlikely you will be able to join the tournaments once they have started.

3) As we've done before, to ensure we show the establishment the respect they deserve, we will be collecting $5 from all participants/directors/spectators as a deposit for the Venue. Once you send $15 Dollars minimum (and dont forget to TIP!!) we will refund your $5. Just show me your receipt.

4) Remember to bring exact change on the day of the tournament. All tournaments have a $5 entry fee (exclusing Soul Calibur IV) plus the $5 venue fee. If you participate in two tournaments, please give me a $10 bill or two fives.. I am not a bank and I am unemployed therefore I have very little money to provide for float. (Unless someone else can pitch in.)

Please follow this format when registering:

Name:
Gamer Handle:
Location: Please be as specific as possible for those organizing brackets.
Game(s): List all that you will be participating in. (Street Fighter IV, Tekken 6, Soul Calibur IV, Blazblue)

Example:
Name: Emily Chow
Gamer Handle: Emlarr
Game(s): Soul Calibur IV, Tekken 6

Just when I feel like taking a break from Calibur you guys go and hype me up.

Well, I'll see you guys there. I'll be a bit more powerful this time around (see ) since I now have glasses again. So I can actually SEE what I'm doing! 8P

C'mon Toronto and Local USA players make it out if you can. We always do it big!!

Vints maybe I can play you prior to THIS tournament. However isn't this Thanksgiving weekend? The traffic will be a shitstorm going over the border, I dunno if I wanna deal with that.

Russ didn't you say you were coming down to Buff black friday for some of that shopping? Can I maybe ride back with you friday night and catch a bus outta toronto to B-lo saturday night?

that or... I will convince one of my players to drive me up, I have had it up to here with driving in Canadian traffic (lol)

I will think of a way to get up there, maybe drag some cool players with me too.

cha cha

Just when I feel like taking a break from Calibur you guys go and hype me up.

lol I'm totally gonna win our irl money match. 401k here I come!

I won't even be back in Buffalo until late Saturday, and I think a bunch of people are gonna go watch Nunie's boxing match that night. If I ever shell out for the enhanced license I may come up to hang out with some people, but I'm done with tournies for real.

Daaaaamn... I have an exam on December 1st so I might not make it that day.

In case I make it:

Name: John
Gamer Handle: Gw
Game(s): SC4 and T6

Blargh, why do I have to work that night? T.T
Does anyone have an idea about how late will this go into the day? Cause I don't work until 10 PM so I might try to make it anyway, time permitting. lol, I'm desperate

Depends on how many people show up for each tourney.

Last time there were 3 tourneys, with SF4 having the most people (about 100). They went on long into the night. Soul Calibur was done around 7 or 8. But unless they've got more TVs or less people for SF4, running four different tourneys will probably hold each one up, especially with people being in more than one at a time.

Thanks for the heads up, page.

I'll try to come anyway; the worst that can happen is I'll have to leave early. It's likely that I'll be 2-0'd again in any case, so I'm sure it won't really matter, lol. :P

Name: Conrad Mulder
Gamer Handle: Salizburg
Game(s): Soul Calibur 4

Salizburg you get your ASS there and you come PLAY!! SCIV will end plenty early and you'll even have time for casuals!! REACH AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Salizburg you get your ASS there and you come PLAY!! SCIV will end plenty early and you'll even have time for casuals!! REACH AND BRING YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Lol, *salutes* yes commander!

EDIT: I'm bringing a friend too, but he's only for SF4

Name: Logan Gagnon
Gamer Handle: Rain
Game(s): Street Fighter 4

Despite saying I won't travel to compete anymore, keeping it local isn't so bad. :D Heart Calibur.

Cha Cha: Yes, you have to come! We'll play. Also, can you bring the article of mine? I forgot to ask about it in Buffalo. Lols...

Back