So I recently went back to SC IV...

Agnosticheaven

[08] Mercenary
After non-stop playing SC V I decided I missed my beloved Amy just too much to take it any longer. The breaking point for me, however, was the patch. You see, it was very hard for me to pick a new character that could even compare to Amy but I finally did it...Natsu. Natsu just has a few things in common with Amy, offense pressure, and big combos. The thing is, for me that is, the patch took that away and now I'm left characterless. I toss and turn at night and tremble at the thought of never being able to play SC V again (Hyperbole) and I just-- I just don't know what to do!

And after going back to SC IV and playing about 100 matches I realized something: Little children are playing SC IV. I don't know how this happened but I doubt someone older than 9 would do this in a fight: B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B 6B 6B 6B B B B and so on. I guess the point of this post is that I can't enjoy playing against 6 year olds. Every now and then I'll run into a level 658 (not kidding) and I'll get destroyed without mercy. There's no one just mid-level like I am.

My question is: Is there a way for me to find good competition for SC IV?

Don't hate for me QQ'ing over Natsu nerf ok thanks.

No hate, just saying... Natsu is still very good. They really only rid of brainless CH fishing and forced the character to mix up a hell of a lot more, making her more akin to Taki, though admittedly with a lot less tools. I can forgive you however as your previous main was not Taki, so perhaps she's just not for you.

Anyhow, good luck enjoying the series again. I think we've all been there at some point, for one reason or another.

I'm surprised you're finding matches in SCIV. The last time I played I joined lobbies and kept getting kicked over and over. I was gonna quit playing after the patch as well, but I tried out different characters and found one I liked. Patches are nothing to me considering I play MK....do you know how many times that game was patched?!?!!? lol.

I tried playing a little bit of 4 and all it made me do was want to go back to 5. And I actually liked 4.

I'd be pretty surprised if you couldn't find a single character worth playing in 5.

After non-stop playing SC V I decided I missed my beloved Amy just too much to take it any longer. The breaking point for me, however, was the patch. You see, it was very hard for me to pick a new character that could even compare to Amy but I finally did it...Natsu. Natsu just has a few things in common with Amy, offense pressure, and big combos. The thing is, for me that is, the patch took that away and now I'm left characterless. I toss and turn at night and tremble at the thought of never being able to play SC V again (Hyperbole) and I just-- I just don't know what to do!

And after going back to SC IV and playing about 100 matches I realized something: Little children are playing SC IV. I don't know how this happened but I doubt someone older than 9 would do this in a fight: B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B 6B 6B 6B B B B and so on. I guess the point of this post is that I can't enjoy playing against 6 year olds. Every now and then I'll run into a level 658 (not kidding) and I'll get destroyed without mercy. There's no one just mid-level like I am.

My question is: Is there a way for me to find good competition for SC IV?

Don't hate for me QQ'ing over Natsu nerf ok thanks.

Well, you're not the only one who reverted back to Soul Calibur IV. Once the nerf axe was swung towards my mains, I had no choice either but to go back to SC IV. I missed a lot of the characters there and enjoying using the OLD Guard Impact instead of that complicated version.

man alot of children have started playing SCIV online but alot of the old prosand veterans have started to come back i can vouch for this on XBL atleast. when i started playing around 9 to 12pm just yesterday i found some really good players myself including me! uh lets see one dude was named reavercellyx and there was someother dude named gangster somethin and also Dr.martiny

man alot of children have started playing SCIV online but alot of the old prosand veterans have started to come back i can vouch for this on XBL atleast. when i started playing around 9 to 12pm just yesterday i found some really good players myself including me! uh lets see one dude was named reavercellyx and there was someother dude named gangster somethin and also Dr.martiny
See, this is why I appreciate Soul Calibur IV. Yeah, it has its moments and flaws but it's still enjoyable no matter what the deal is. A lot of people are reverting back to that game because they miss a lot of great features as well as many others. Simply put, it's best to remain in SCIV and go on from there.

My main in IV was Vader, I couldn't pick a character in V that played like him so I just found a character I liked and stuck with him. Instead of complaining about how Natsu was "nerfed" why don't you try and become a better player instead of reverting back to what was comfortable?

My main in IV was Vader, I couldn't pick a character in V that played like him so I just found a character I liked and stuck with him. Instead of complaining about how Natsu was "nerfed" why don't you try and become a better player instead of reverting back to what was comfortable?

I posted this thread a while back and I'd like to explain a few things to you now.

I was never that good with Natsu before the patch and never knew her exploits and PD combos (That I do now agree were overpowered but I do disagree on how the nerfed them)
I still main Natsu and now have an everchanging win-ratio online of 90-80%.
Natsu is now second nature to me, second, only, to Amy.
I've tried different styles, mainly Ezio, Cervantes and Yoshi, but none were as comfy as Natsu.
I play SCV more than SCIV.

With all that aside I still love Amy more than anyone and if they ever reintroduce her (I hope to God they do) there's no doubt I'd pick her back up. I still play SCIV locally and have small tournies with friends and I usually win but when it comes to SCV tournies I always lose to a Viola player named Bob (Sigh).

I guess that's all.

Back