So what was your first fighting game?

my absolute first fighter was..... Tekken 2 for PS1....then SC2 & then some other less memorable stuff XD

you can definitely see the generation gap huh?

you think? XD

well, that just shows that every generation has it's gateway game into the fighter community ^_^, as for me
(who was pretty late on it -_-) tekken was the only fighter i could play because the ps1 was the only game system i had...

so most of the games some people talk about in this thread i just got to know they existed after reading the thread XD

I honestly can't remember. I know it's a toss up between the original Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter 2. I have clearer memories of Mortal Kombat though so I'm gonna go it it. I started learning combos and certain special attacks on MK 2, but I still basically mashed my ass off.

I remember being dominate on Capcom vs Marvel 2. Megaman, Ryu and Iron Man or Captain Commando, Chun Li and Venom. I'd constantly pwn my brothers at it just like how I'm doing on SC4.

0047picgame-1.png

This madness was my first one.

Street Fighter 2.

I played Street Fighter 2 first, but unlike my brothers, I did not take to it when I first played it. Soul Calibur on Dreamcast was the first fighting game that really got me into the genre. After playing Soul Calibur, I went back to realize that I love Street Fighter 2, but I am not very good at it.

That last post made me remember, it wasn't Street Fighter 2. My first fighting game was Ring King on the NES. I remember playing that before Street Fighter 2 and man was that game awesome.

I didn't name Ring King because I see it as a sports game, but it would be my first also unless I think of something else. That was my game back in the day. I grew up knocking fools out in that game. Catching someone by the ropes and then hitting them with an uppercut so that they fly out of the ring was the funniest shit 20 years ago. I still remember my fingers being sore from having to rub them back and forth to regain health between rounds. I still play it every now and then and try to show the younger generation some classic gaming, but they just want to run around and kill people in GTA.

I didn't name Ring King because I see it as a sports game, but it would be my first also unless I think of something else. That was my game back in the day. I grew up knocking fools out in that game. Catching someone by the ropes and then hitting them with an uppercut so that they fly out of the ring was the funniest shit 20 years ago. I still remember my fingers being sore from having to rub them back and forth to regain health between rounds. I still play it every now and then and try to show the younger generation some classic gaming, but they just want to run around and kill people in GTA.

It is a sports game, but there is fighting in it, and it had a real fighting system. Ring King had more fighting strategy than Street Fighter 1.

There were strategies, and customization of stats. That game was really fun. I cheated between rounds. My brother had the NES Advantage when I was growing up.

Yeah for future notice, Sport games (Like Boxing, aka Fight Night and others) do not count

I disagree there. Boxing is a fighting style. Boxing may be a sport, but people that box, fight. A game where you box is a game where you fight. Boxing games are just as different from your average 2D or 3D fighting game as Smash Brothers, but people still consider Smash Brothers a fighting game.

OK ok fine but when i made this topic i was thinking about traditional fighters but i guess the other ones can count.

And how'd that work out for ya?

lol they finally let me play after making me agree to shut up. and i just remembered getting whooped the minute i picked up the controller. I think the first character I picked was blanka.. I still use him to this day whenever I play SF

Don't know for sure which fighting game I played first, but I do remember Battle Arena Toshinden 2 and Primal Rage were the first fighting games I owned.

mine was master figher 2 on the famicom
there were only 4 fighters...ryu, guile, chun li and zangief

Back