So...with NEC XV now over...

Funny because LP's the first to use that excuse. G1's the second.
Hm, I don't recall hearing this from LP, or Big Juan. But, feel free to disprove.

And, I think the point of that post went over your head. Probably due to your personal feelings towards myself, LP, big juan.

@Withvees
On a personal note, I think that BBB is more than capable of handling Gold Shad. But, going back to what LP said, since he didn't win, he underperformed? If BBB never gets first, he underperformed? Or, anyone for that matter?

With this mentality, we could say Shad is the best in the world, but... ya know, NECXV he "underperformed."

Whether you were here two yrs ago, or yesterday, saying things like he is the best, but since he lost, he underperformed, is an excuse.

Hm, I don't recall hearing this from LP, or Big Juan. But, feel free to disprove.
G1's said on chat dozens of times that LP doesn't play to his fullest at tournaments. LP's said the same. They've said that if LP played to his full flex, the community would die because he's that great. Blah blah blah.

Heck, Hawkeye likes to tell people "he let them win". Which doesn't sound like anything but an excuse of sub optimal performance too.

After FR, LP made a long ass FB post about how he couldn't sleep well and that's why Lolo won, but that doesn't matter anyway because Lolo wouldn't play a MM which would've been the true measure of skill etc.

All of that is at its core? "I wasn't playing my best."

And, I think the point of that post went over your head. Probably due to your personal feelings towards myself, LP, big juan.
Or it's because of the shit they say.

I think you're missing what "underperformed" means in this context. There's a world of difference between "he SHOULD have won, but didn't" and "what he ACTUALLY did was surprising given what we've come to expect." The whole point is that the US is way deep, skill-wise.

@Withvees
On a personal note, I think that BBB is more than capable of handling Gold Shad. But, going back to what LP said, since he didn't win, he underperformed? If BBB never gets first, he underperformed? Or, anyone for that matter?

With this mentality, we could say Shad is the best in the world, but... ya know, NECXV he "underperformed."

Whether you were here two yrs ago, or yesterday, saying things like he is the best, but since he lost, he underperformed, is an excuse.
Yeah it was super frustrating watching shad and Blue cuz I know Blue could've done better. And like Hates said, I mean he could've done better. I'm not saying he underperformed at Evo cuz Lolo straight dominated him. Also I never said he was the best, I'm just saying he should be talked about being the best along with the other best (you, LP, Hawkeye) without hesitation.

But please don't think I'm taking away your victory. You seriously deserved that NEC win. I learned a couple things from watching your Pyr.

Marginal is correct in what he said about me. Like no joke, no sarcasm, I do that shit blatantly because it's what I believe/believed at the time. I've said that several times about LP, said the same thing about Xeph at SCR, Hates at that Exit Wounds, Hawkeye a couple of times when he's lost to people I really didn't expect him to, and the Canadien. So yeah I own up to it. Just wanted to clarify.

@Marginal, please tag me when you refer to me. And I want to state that I've never said I don't play my best in tournaments. That may have been the case in sc4 but I do not feel that was the case in sc5. I may have not played my best in tournaments due to things like alcohol and sleep apnea but everyone has their stuff to deal with at tournaments and it's always been my choice to get fucked up at tournaments (sleep problems, not so much).

I just went back and read what you said about some long ass post I may. These are the facts: I have sleep apnea; my CPAP machine broke during my flight to ATL; I did not sleep during FR; after the tournament Ramon allowed me to use his machine. I do and did feel like I did not play well in the tournament (go back and watch the vids; I'm pretty surr I got hit hy full charged bullrush, 44a, 4b, and 22b during the entire set because I couldn't JG them). After the tournamen6, I challenged Lolo to a set for the next morning after I'd actually slept and he refused. Whether or not you think any of it is an excuse, those are the facts.

The only other time I've made an 'excuse' is when I lost to RO and I said I was hungover. The next time we played, I beat him 20-0, so I think we have a pretty different idea of what an excuse is. I feel as though I present legitimate reasons that I was also willing to back up vs. Anyone I made those 'excuses' to--what are you guys basis for saying BB underperformed outside of the fact that he lost?

Last edited:
What was all that "I don't value winning" stuff in chat then @LostProvidence ? When I suggested that was nonsense in chat, you challenged me and Party Wolf to a $100MM.

And it's funny how lots of people always talk about the shit I say and how they don't like it...when whenever I directly talk to those people all I get is a bunch of silence in return. I've met you in person offline Marginal...and I don't even remember you saying hello to me despite being in my room...but folks hear everything from me, apparently.

I don't value winning. I don't play for people to tell me I'm great and haven't since sc4. My attitude hasn't changed from that since sc5 has been out. Hell, I was going to drop the game but then MLG picked it up and then, when the money stopped coming, I only kept traveling because it was good for the community. Which is part of the reason I've stopped traveling, as said in my rant--why should I keep supporting a community that wants me at events just to cast shade on me and scrutinize everything I say...from the comfort of their home?

And if you think I've ever valued winning, it's only because you think you know more about me than you do. I've had actual conversations with folks in the community on my stance...while I was winning. And I even tell newer players here , "There are definitely more productive things than getting good at SC" or any videogame for that matter. I'm sorry that prestige and gamer fame are things that are important to me

Nah, I remember that night pretty well. But, regardless, it's besides the point and I'm beside the point. The point was that people say Bb underperformed because he lost while, the two times I've blamed my lost on something other than myself were the two mentioned. Bbb lost to the same guy multiple times over 3 days...I don't think you can say he underperformed nor do I believe he thinks he does. Could he have done better? Anyone who didn't get first could have.

I want what? Wins and prestige? Nah, I've never liked being in the spotlight and I can't buy shit with wins and prestige. It was always about money and then community. Lol

And I think if it was about proving I'm good, I would still be playing the game; I haven't touched SC outside of helping Xeph practice since I said I'm not competing anymore.

But once again, this isn't about me. Bbb has proven he can compete with the top folks...but as far as top of the top...? Not so much, regardless of your feelings about the dude, he's won like two or 3 low turnout tournies; he just doesn't have a track record comparable to the best guys. Like I said before, this is the best he's ever done at something we can call an SC major...while the other guys do as well as him or better every tournament they go to

People saying BBB underperformed isnt really an excuse imo. Its just saying he looked like he wasnt ready for his matches with Shad (which ended up being 3 sets to 1 in shads favor). And knowing blue like i do i can say that he got comfortable and didnt prep like i feel he should have. In the end its his fault, no one else's. In hindsight the same could be said about most "excuses". Also this is wierd considering blue himself didnt say any of this himself lol.

Most would agree blue has proven he can "compete with the top of the top" the same with someone like IRM or Pwolf. I do agree that thier 'resume' doesnt quite stack up like some of the other top players tho. So i can see why you wouldnt put them up thier with the actual undisputed best... not yet atleast.

Back