Sophie Match-up Rankings

Maxou:

my opinion on sophitia vs setsuka is based on my personal experience and opinion. I think at this point I don't wanna be bother with it anymore. To get the French community all hyped up thinking my experience are ridiculous have pretty much served the purpose showing it's hard to agree on something when the game is based much on player's experience.

As for my test result it simple.

BB > 4A sometimes 4A > BB sometimes..

it just depends when you use it and how you use it. IMO landing BB against 4A is easier than landing 4A vs BB.. but landing one 4A might make up for the loss of landing multiple BB. So in the end it's all about how well you use it. And I don't know if

1) I'm using it exceptionally well
or
2) Chang's Friend isn't doing his job defending it well.

I think discussions ends here and it'll lead to nowhere, talk is talk.. action is seperate, and I feel like at this point it's hard for you to understand me on how to apply it while it's hard for me to understand you. So lets just leave it alone.

-LAU

I agree with Lau, Sophie has advantage over Setsuka and BB is not the only reason.

But lets talk about Sophie vs Hilde. I'm not convinced that Hilde has the advantage, I think that the matchup is pretty even. Sophie has quite a few tools to stop/limit the use of C2/3 A and its auto-gi, especially up close. The biggest problem for Sophie in this matchup is to get close but once you're in Hildes face she will have a hard time. Since you should step/step G left most of the time to avoid her C3 B it opens up for the use of her powerful side-throw with careful stepping.

hilde can step everything sophie has besides AA and throws...its been tested...

Wow kind of hard to argue with that logic... But why isn't the matchup 10-0 in Hildes favor then (since she also can duck AA and throws)?

Have you ever met a Hilde that can (consistently) step things like 4A, 3K, 3A or 44A and 66A at mid/far range?

theory fighting FTW!

Yoshimitsu can hit you with a reversal for over half your life bar and get back life at the same time!

and he can RO or do an infinite on you once he launch you!

-LAU

bean - nobody can do it consistently but since hilde players step so much...when you throw out a move, it will sometimes be stepped leading to death! so this will always be in your head to be careful!

"You MUST play perfectly when you play against a hilde player!" - Evo Announcers

lol at the setsuka vs sophie match-up. anyone that doesn't recognize the absolute dominance of setsuka over sophie is just being silly. I would say it's about 7-3 sets in favor.
The only good things that sophies has against sets is the fact that most sets players will stay in the range of 236236B where it stuns. so that can be quite annoying but can be compensated for. the two other good moves sophie has against sets are as said a simple BB and A+B. but then again sets also has a A+B that's good against sophie (although less good unless your opponent really spams mids and you can get to the higher auto_GI levels).
but thats about it.
Sets weapons against sophie on the other hand are:
- 4A (as said) that can start a seriously damaging combo on CH.
- Sets throws >>>>>>>>>>>> sophies throws
- 33B or 2363B is extremely fast, the start of some good combo's and will outrange most of sophies moves.
- sets umbrella is faster then angel strike and harder to step and can interupt even a regular 11AA.
- bA on max range cannot be punished by angel strike in fact i don't think it can be punished by any of sophies moves on max range (although not sure and to lazy to test it).
-A+K A also a good range a lot of frame advantage on hit.

A good sets player that keeps the right range against a sophie player will beat him/her most of the time. 100% fact

how is that fact!? this is all opinion... even tho i agree...its not a fact what so ever!

we should check a lot of tournament match-up data to be certain but i'm quite certain 6-4 or 7-3 will come out in sets favor.

its def even imo sophie can space her really well! and the only thing she has that gets in is 33B which is mostly predictable!

A+K A and 66A are also pretty good ranged attacks and don't forget that she can close in pretty fast by wavedashing 236. if i played sets against sophie i would stay in the 2363B range. apart from olympus cannon, which is quite "slow" and easy to step, sophie can hardly touch her there. if she blocks the pushback will keep sophie in a safe range. If i played sophie against sets i would stay at just-not-close range. like sophie's BB/AA range or 4B+K... so sets can't use her 4A and other close combat tools. if u can hit her safe from that range u can give sets a hard time.

5 - Algol
4 - Amy
5 - Astaroth
6 - Cassandra
6 - Cervantes
5 - Darth Vader
4 - Hilde
6 - Ivy
4 - Kilik
6 - Lizardman
6 - Maxi
4 - Mitsurugi
6 - Nightmare
7 - Raphael
7 - Rock
6 - Seong Mi-Na
5 - Setsuka
6 - Siegfried
5 - Sophitia
5 - Taki
6 - Talim
5 - The Apprentice
7 - Tira
6 - Voldo
4 - Xianghua
9 - Yoda
6 - Yoshimitsu
7 - Yun-seong
6 - Zasalamel

updated the list

Hey Ramon, I'm curious about the Apprentice. What's he got on him that makes it a 4/6 for Sophitia?

EDIT: Ok, nevermind as I've seen you just changed it to 5/5.

Back