Sophie's Bottom 10 Move list

Suirad

[10] Knight
So we have Top 10 moves lists to tell us what moves are highly useable, so why not a list that points out all the moves too specialized or just plain bad that people should be wary of using?

In no particular order

1. 3A i19 -14 on block and - on hit. Not nearly enough damage and no follow ups. Sure it TCs and catches Step at range, but you just have better options.

2. 4K i20 -14 and only ten damage. Sure it Stuns on CH, but not very well. There is a 6 frame window where it beats both highs and lows, but too often gets no CH hit from it and it hits high.

3. 9B+K SM unless you charge it, very slow and people can step + jump to punish. On the other hand it's an Ok Oki option (especially online =/) as the stagger guarantees 6AB Shake-Stun which gives you mix-up.

4. A+K i25+ High hit with no evasion or anything. It is however stupid safe on block, ROs and combos to 236B.

5. 9A+K Really slow, so much so to be stepable on react and all follow-ups either punishable on guard or also stepable on react.

6. 44A i25 and only 18 damage. Yes it launches on CH and deals more then, but 3B or 44B would've done almost as much faster with TC on normal hit too. On the upside safe on block.

7. 44aB Launcher from an Unblockable? Yeah except it's slow even for one and 100% linear. While it looks like it TCs it doesn't really from my experience. Best thing about the move is that you can scare someone then cancel it.

8. A+G2 Does 5 less damage than A+G and gives worse mix-up because of sophie's weak oki.

9. 236K Worse than 236B in almost every way (slower, no follow up hit, less SC and High) except it'll take out moves with mid auto GI or those that don't catch kicks. Move isn't completely awful though and most people dont get free lauchers off it on block like DF.

10. 236 2_8 AS~S makes you lose the TC that AS and TAS give and steps way too slow to be useful in most situations. It takes a lot of time before you can do any attacks out of it too.

Honorable mention KK: The frame data is just awful and its not even NC for it's low damage, but the anticipation of the second K lets you hit guard with the first to both poke and reset at the same time. That makes it too good for this list imo.

/edit/ 44aB does have some TC properties, but the High has to be be very high (ex it's possible to go under parts of Vader's AA)

What do you all think are her worst moves?

1. 3A - is unsafe and doesn't have as much range as 66A. 66A seems to do the same thing but its her only quick long range step tracking attack. I only use this move at the start of matches (hits backdashers!) and against Ivy 214B spammers. 4/10

2. 4K is only useful if they don't AC after 3B. So useless. 1/10

3. 9B+K is still useful for the reasons you already listed. 5/10

4. A+K - this is one of my favorite moves to CH fish with. It looks unsafe to the average opponent, but its her safest move other than WS K. It also rings out to a diagonal direction if it hits. 6/10

5. 9A+K tech jumps, but its not instant. The mixup afterword is easy to react and counter. Suck. 2/10

6. 44A is different from the 3B and 44B launchers.. 44A tracks step. Its startup animation also looks similar to 11A, so it could almost be considered a mixup. 4/10

7. 44aB - doesn't this move tech crouch? If not.. 1/10 if it does.. .. 2/10

8. A+G2 has a followup: 1B. Still not better than 66A+G in terms of damage, but if you literally have no time for the 66 and you hate the way B+G works, than this is a good option. Well, it would be except for the mixup A+G gives. 3.5/10

9. 236K is your only option from crouch that hits high. If you don't use this I'll force crouch with 4B and auto gi your response all day. This move is also great for ring outs, and its only one frame slower than 236B. Can't guarantee it off 88_22B :/. 6/10

10. 236 2_8 is on my top 10.. how can you not like this move? It's a great round opener, and the first part of the move dodges highs and throws and the second part of the move dodges verticals. It also makes your throws out it become side throws. Lunaraura loves this move.
10/10

4. A+K - this is one of my favorite moves to CH fish with. It looks unsafe to the average opponent, but its her safest move other than WS K. It also rings out to a diagonal direction if it hits. 6/10

9. 236K is your only option from crouch that hits high. If you don't use this I'll force crouch with 4B and auto gi your response all day. This move is also great for ring outs, and its only one frame slower than 236B. Can't guarantee it off 88_22B :/. 6/10

10. 236 2_8 is on my top 10.. how can you not like this move? It's a great round opener, and the first part of the move dodges highs and throws and the second part of the move dodges verticals. It also makes your throws out it become side throws. Lunaraura loves this move.
10/10

Seems you like some of them, give some you think are worse. That's what the thread is about.

O and 4A 6A 9A Grab are all high options from Crouch.

Lunaraura loves this move.
10/10
<3 yep. I should play you sometime. I don't remember playing you in SD GamesOn or in NoFace's house but I use and abuse 236 4_8 alot.

Anywho, here's my bottom 10 that I'd throw out just to mock my opponent:

• 44A only good for counterhit and to make an immediate 1A,A look less telegraphed.
  • 9A+K and all its followups. Garbage unless you're fighting Lizzy's crawl stance. Even then, better options like 8B+K and some others exist.
  • 3A for reasons already mentioned. Nice range on step though.
  • WS [A+B] ok let me explain this. There's a few frames in this move where if you release A+B you are committed to the unblockable. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit out of this move because of this. It lost most of the mindgame factor I loved from SC3. They also removed the stun it gives on NH. I can't believe how badly this move got screwed.
  • 44aB isn't that bad but it is also severely nerfed. It used to hit grounded opponents (at least in SC3, I dunno about 2 or 1) but no longer. I have used this to cancel but there's a better use for it and that is it tech traps on immediate ukemi after WS [A+B] where you can follow up with 236236B as a juggle. Ouchies. I had fun with this a few times in NoFace's gathering.
  • 1[K] dude I just feel retarded for using this and the opponent feels retarded if they get hit by it. Crap damage and nobody really wins with this exchange imho. Would've worked better as a shakeable stun on NH/CH.
  • A+K is silly but safe.
  • 236236 K see above
  • 4K isn't all that bad but compared to her other tools it definitely belongs here. And now, here comes the one I'm gonna get alot of shit about...
  • 236236 A,A is a good move when it was new and little was known about it. Nowadays, anyone worth their weight knows that the second A is steppable BOTH ways. If you want this move to be worth a damn against experienced players, don't do the second A every now and then. It always humors me when I pull it back and they block low on reaction. Yeah yeah it's good for some tech traps but I'm still scrub on that kind of thing so this move belongs here FOR ME. If you don't agree, you can trade this spot for 236K.

So, yeah.

1[K] dude I just feel retarded for using this and the opponent feels retarded if they get hit by it. Crap damage and nobody really wins with this exchange imho. Would've worked better as a shakeable stun on NH/CH.

Well you get 25 or so from 66B if they stay down and 64 from 236236AA 236B if they tech, but it's in no way worth the set-up. Would it have killed them to give it better frames on block?

A+K is silly but safe.
236236 K see above

Do you mean a+kK? Back when people didn't know about it, 236236K carried a lot of weight on wake-up because of frame-trapping, but you wont get anywhere with it any more.

236236 A,A is a good move when it was new and little was known about it. Nowadays, anyone worth their weight knows that the second A is steppable BOTH ways. If you want this move to be worth a damn against experienced players, don't do the second A every now and then. It always humors me when I pull it back and they block low on reaction. Yeah yeah it's good for some tech traps but I'm still scrub on that kind of thing so this move belongs here FOR ME. If you don't agree, you can trade this spot for 236K.

There would be no Tech Trapping with Sophie if she didn't have this move and on that basis I'd say top 10 because it'll keep people taking grounded hits. It's not useless beyond that; it still gives 64 damage from a TC that's online by frame 3 which can own people for going high if you think they will, but she can do better, faster and/or safer in most situations. Move is trash if opponent has any idea it's coming, it's too slow to catch step offline and gives opponent punish or mix-up depending on how it's played.

yeah and WS A+B is pretty bad too.

- 9A+K series: Back in SC2, this move tech-jumped nearly instantly, and so was actually useful. You also had the option of landing in full-crouch if you wanted. Now with most lows being stab-punishable, and the options from this series being terribly slow, it's really not useful.
- 236K: I honestly can't find a use for this move that another move doesn't do better, it's unsafe, and doesn't stay tech-crouched. Only benefit is the cool camera close-up if it hits for style points.
- B2 series. I've always wanted to love this series, but really it's only for style points.
- 44aB: Always been a terribly slow and linear unblockable, but now it doesn't even hit grounded.
- WR A+B_[A+B]: The devs don't know how to balance this unblockable. It's too slow to be threatening now, especially after losing the stun. You may be able to step around the charged version as well. If it was faster or still stunned, that would help balance it.
- 22B_: It's a slow, linear high... would be pretty good if it was mid (at least the charged version), but no.
- 1[K]: 1K is still great, but the charged version makes me sad. At least stab-punishable on block (for a charged move???), kinda slow, and doesn't catch step well. It was good in SC3, too.
- 9A: Just not much of a use for this.
- 3A+B: Another move I want to like, and it used to be fairly good in SC2, but not since. Very punishable, little push-back on block, short range, and in combos there are better options.
- Side-Throw (step to your right): This is the throw where she does a handstand flip over her opponent, lands, then hits the back of their head with her shield. Does puny damage for a throw, and as far as I can tell is only there to make up for her other side-throw, which does a TON of damage. I wish she still did the "tee-hee" sound at the end, but no.

- WR A+B_[A+B]: The devs don't know how to balance this unblockable. It's too slow to be threatening now, especially after losing the stun. You may be able to step around the charged version as well. If it was faster or still stunned, that would help balance it.

I thought WS A+B was a bit much in the last game, but it's a nigh worthless piece of crap now.

- Side-Throw (step to your right): This is the throw where she does a handstand flip over her opponent, lands, then hits the back of their head with her shield. Does puny damage for a throw, and as far as I can tell is only there to make up for her other side-throw, which does a TON of damage. I wish she still did the "tee-hee" sound at the end, but no.

Without the giggle at the end, it lost style points and devolved into a shitty side throw. Also, 236K's only practical use is kicking your opponent off the edge after you've already beaten them... for style points.

- - Side-Throw (step to your right): This is the throw where she does a handstand flip over her opponent, lands, then hits the back of their head with her shield. Does puny damage for a throw, and as far as I can tell is only there to make up for her other side-throw, which does a TON of damage. I wish she still did the "tee-hee" sound at the end, but no.

What about the back throw, it does even less (35) even if it can RO, how many times are you going to get opponent in throw with their back to you and the edge in front? WS K I think its the only viable way. Of course it does have more style without the giggle.

Seriously though I can't think of another character who doesn't get more damage from a back or side throw than from a normal one.

3A???
hmmm..sry if i say anything wrong but i never see that,that moves dissapointed me..its an good overall starter..i start most my fights with that move lol..and i hit almost everytime =)
yeah its unsafe i know..but it doesnt matter as long i hit with it ^^

Back