Sophitia General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Hey there any Sophie string combos that I should know?
(Played SC II only some few times.)

Combos are launch->4B->pressure. Sophie's stab punishes a lot, and she's fast, but she has basically no ability to stop fast sidestepping attacks.

Her low game is awful too, very telegraphed and far worse than Cassy's. So her mixups are generally mid-high(grab) which is bad versus characters with strong while-rising and characters that excel at keeping you out of grab range.

Also, why 4B over 236B Hates? 4B is less damage, though it's barely faster but not enough to really make your pressure game weaker imo.

Her low game is awful too, very telegraphed and far worse than Cassy's. So her mixups are generally mid-high(grab) which is bad versus characters with strong while-rising and characters that excel at keeping you out of grab range.

Also, why 4B over 236B Hates? 4B is less damage, though it's barely faster but not enough to really make your pressure game weaker imo.
4B knocks people down right in front of you allowing you to mix them up with 4B, 1K, throws. 4B on block also forces a crouch.

4B knocks people down right in front of you allowing you to mix them up with 4B, 1K, throws. 4B on block also forces a crouch.
I thought he meant 4B after launching only, when it would be a guaranteed hit. I understand it's a good pressure move, I just must have misunderstood him

I believe 236236B is also possible after Sophie's launchers in this game. I don't think her wake up is good enough to make 4B an always better option than the guaranteed damage.

4B is the truth even after Launcher, It's such a incredible move, Small ground bounce keeps them right in front of you, you basically get to do it again and they are forced to block which puts them in crouch. Then 2A practically beats every retaliation move so you can keep up pressure.
There are only a few launchers you don't want to use it for which would be
66B, B+K, 4B
33B, BT B, B+K, 4B
and the only time you would ever really use 236 or 236236B is if it would give you the kill

Her game literally revolves around 4B and forcing opponents to to crouch and mixing them up from there or counter acting what they do.

Back