Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know what the characters in SCVI look like. Especially the women, because I want to see how much bigger, how much more expansive, and how... well-rounded the ladies are this time around. It'll be interesting, to say the least.
473.gif

SCV struck the right balance of sexualization imo, at least with females. Wouldn't mind the males getting just a bit more cheese in VI.
Voldo already puts male/female strippers to shame l0l

Since I can come out and say it.
xiang-sc2fix.jpg

She's back.
As a person who mains X, I approve.

Kilik and Xianghua are part of the core Asian trio at this point. Wouldn't be shocked to hear that Maxi is there as well if true.

As for the newer characters, I'd like to see Xiba and Leixia interact with Kilik and Xianghua. There'd be a lotta awkward there.
The Parent Trap: SoulCalibur edition

**** YEAH!!!

btw Vergeben, have you heard anything more about an Xbox One version?
No info on an Xbox One version at all yet still.

But this isn't a new design, right?
I thought linking a picture alongside leaking that Xianghua's back would be more celebratory, and picked that one in particular because her SCII design is pretty much her most memorable and iconic.
I don't know what Xianghua's looks like on VI yet.

Last edited:

I thought linking a picture alongside leaking that Xianghua's back would be moe celebratory, and picked that one in particular because her SCII design is pretty much her most memorable and iconic.
so quick question, how far into development is SCVI

I thought linking a picture alongside leaking that Xianghua's back would be moe celebratory, and picked that one in particular because her SCII design is pretty much her most memorable and iconic.
Do you know what any of the characters look like?

With Soul Calibur, couldn't they just use some sort of excuse to bring characters back like "Due to exposure to the Soul Swords/Astral Chaos, the character has stopped aging so they're back!" or something? I don't really care about the story in fighting games to be honest, I'd rather just play my favourite character assuming they make a return in the next installment. None of my friends really joined me in Soul Calibur V because all of their characters were just dropped with no replacements, so I kind of stopped playing myself. I hope we can see the roster return to pre-V characters. I like some of the new additions, and feel they have a lot of potential to grow, but please give us the classics back.

That's what I would like, too. Like Zasalamel knows all these ancient magicks, he could open up a time portal, travel to the past to change some story events. He could offer Setsuka the opportunity to kill an older and weakened Mitsurugi. But game developers always find a way to give us something we don't want.
And speaking of ancient magic, Zasalamel and Ivy both had some hidden knowledge of magic and alchemy. We saw that creeping lifeform in a cage in Ivy's stage, I believe. It would be cool to see them performing these supernatural acts to accomplish means in story mode

Last edited:

I thought linking a picture alongside leaking that Xianghua's back would be more celebratory, and picked that one in particular because her SCII design is pretty much her most memorable and iconic.

thanks, man. Hopefully we get official platform confirmation soon. It just seems rather odd that this game would skip Xbox but go to both PC AND Switch, in addition to PS4. especially given the franchise's past history on the OG Xbox and 360. And given Bandai Namco seems to be one of the few Japanese devs/pubs that makes an effort these days to bring its games to Xbox. We get Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7, Code Vein, and even SAO Fatal Bullet on Xbox, but not the new Soul Calibur game? That just doesn't seem right.

anyways, thanks for leak about Xianghua. Do you know any other info about her, like her age? Is this going to be the older version of her, as mother to Lexia and Xiba? Is it going to be younger version, meaning VI will serve as a reboot?

and any word on Sophitia and Cassandra?

Holy crapopolis, this is actually a thing? It's actually happening? I'm not simply daydreaming this?

Looks like I started lurking again at the right time.

I don't like rewarding players for memorizing strings and practicing just time inputs for combos/extra damage against a bot that stands still. I prefer players studying their opponents on the fly and adapting accordingly, being rewarded for countering and noting enemies weaknesses. Air juggles in Tekken are the main reason I don't like Tekken to begin with - its "Get Launched in Air" followed by a 20 hit air juggle.
As I said at the end there, I'd prefer a 4-6 hit type of combo and not some silly Tekken type juggle bullshit. It's overall just more aesthetically pleasing and has a more rewarding feeling (people love to push buttons). The whole concept of someone making a mistake and losing 60+ damage to 2-3 hits is rage inducing for a lot of people and is one reason I know of that a lot of people didn't stick around for the game's life cycle. We all know the feeling of some random hitbox jank or a whiff that went right through the character. Combine that with 2-3 hits and you see your life bar going down 35%-45% and it just sucks. Also I said to make pokes more viable so you can make a game out of what some idiots call "footsies" and you won't see people just going for that launchers into the big string. Basically I'm just saying control the damage scaling and stretch out a combo just a couple of more moves. You're getting the same damage but you feel more accomplished for finishing the string. (for the 100th time, people love buttons).

thanks, man. Hopefully we get official platform confirmation soon. It just seems rather odd that this game would skip Xbox but go to both PC AND Switch, in addition to PS4. especially given the franchise's past history on the OG Xbox and 360. And given Bandai Namco seems to be one of the few Japanese devs/pubs that makes an effort these days to bring its games to Xbox. We get Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7, Code Vein, and even SAO Fatal Bullet on Xbox, but not the new Soul Calibur game? That just doesn't seem right.

It seemed odd to me until I saw the news of MHA releasing for PS4 and Switch, along with Japanese developers rushing to develop for the Switch after not giving a shit about it when it launched until they saw Nintendo raking in the cash. Then you have people saying how poorly the Xbox version of Tekken 7 sold compared to the PS4 version, so they may have decided to shift their resources over to the Switch since there's 0 market in Japan for the Xbox.

Guess we'll find out soon. I'd be shocked if Xbox got left behind.

Xianghua is waste of playable character slot. Vergeben should confirm Setsuka instead of Xianghua.
View attachment 47398
WHAT?!?!?! You are talking about one of the most iconic mainstays of the franchise both gameplay and storywise up against a character that the only people who want her around are those who were attracted to her over sized breasts with an overdeveloped swaying mechanic and one of the top 5 dumbest weapons in the entire series not to mention has absolutely no role in the story. Now I don't have anything against Sets but that comment is just asinine.

anyways, thanks for leak about Xianghua. Do you know any other info about her, like her age? Is this going to be the older version of her, as mother to Lexia and Xiba? Is it going to be younger version, meaning VI will serve as a reboot?

and any word on Sophitia and Cassandra?
I think it's the younger version of her. They probably want to keep her recognizable for her youthful appearance and Kilik returning to staff might imply that as well. He said it wasn't a full-fledged reboot but there are also retcons. That could mean any number of things. We'll find out soon.

How bizarre. This year literally from January 2017 and every 3 months or so I kept having dreams about Soul Calibur 6 being a reality. I thought they were just dreans though.

I'm going to be crushed if this isn't real. I know it seems so likely this is true but I refuse to let myself be let down again

Xianghua is waste of playable character slot. Vergeben should confirm Setsuka instead of Xianghua.
View attachment 47398
Except she isn't.

Sorry, but no. I'd like to think Xianghua is more iconic of a character than Setsuka, anyway... even if I do like Setsuka a little.
Xianghua at least managed to maintain some originality for a while as the first cute happy girl of the franchise (the closest thing the series had was Sophitia, but she was more of a serious and heroic instead of happy).

Setsuka, on the other hand, was introduced as a badass japanese woman who is a rival to Mitsurugi... EXACTLY LIKE TAKI. The thing is that Taki was older and had interactions with other characters, not to mention she actually was connected to Soul Edge. Setsuka was only related to Mitsurugi and no one else, and didn't even care about neither Soul Edge nor Soul Calibur. The only other relationship Setsuka got was being the master of Patroklos in SC5 (she got nothing in SC4), and, if it wasn't enough that her very name took time to be mentioned in that regard, the style she taught Patroklos is not even his main one in the game. At least Natsu was specifically tied to Taki and made it obvious in her fighting style. People complain about Natsu, but Setsuka is the true Taki-turned-to-shit, she is irrelevant and redundant.

WHAT?!?!?! You are talking about one of the most iconic mainstays of the franchise both gameplay and storywise up against a character that the only people who want her around are those who were attracted to her over sized breasts with an overdeveloped swaying mechanic and one of the top 5 dumbest weapons in the entire series not to mention has absolutely no role in the story. Now I don't have anything against Taki but that comment is just asinine.
Fixed.

Except she isn't.

Xianghua at least managed to maintain some originality for a while as the first cute happy girl of the franchise (the closest thing the series had was Sophitia, but she was more of a serious and heroic instead of happy).

Setsuka, on the other hand, was introduced as a badass japanese woman who is a rival to Mitsurugi... EXACTLY LIKE TAKI. The thing is that Taki was older and had interactions with other characters, not to mention she actually was connected to Soul Edge. Setsuka was only related to Mitsurugi and no one else, and didn't even care about neither Soul Edge nor Soul Calibur. The only other relationship Setsuka got was being the master of Patroklos in SC5 (she got nothing in SC4), and, if it wasn't enough that her very name took time to be mentioned in that regard, the style she taught Patroklos is not even his main one in the game. At least Natsu was specifically tied to Taki and made it obvious in her fighting style. People complain about Natsu, but Setsuka is the true Taki-turned-to-shit, she is irrelevant and redundant.

I get what you're trying to say but she's still infinitely preferable to Patroklos. Let's hope they'll do more with her character in SCVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back