Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one character who should use staff it is Kilik. Who is it Xiba? I never played him in SCV. Naginata is different weapon so Seong Mi-na may return with moveset different from Kilik.
Basically, when its convenient for you, characters can have repeated weapons? Don't you think you embarassed yourself enough?

Basically, when its convenient for you, characters can have repeated weapons? Don't you think you embarassed yourself enough?
Where you see repeated weapons?
Naginata.
80be03ed737fa059291e83d35f2179c8.jpg

Staff.
larp_wooden_staff_calimacil_foam_wsxx59rhxn_full_2.png

What is problem make different non repeated weapons for characters? Do you like repeated weapons?
The weapons, if the same, should be used vastly different imo. Two weapons the same is NBD but there are so many options that too many repeats is a waste of potential

The weapons, if the same, should be used vastly different imo. Two weapons the same is NBD but there are so many options that too many repeats is a waste of potential
I don't understand what you mean but i tell you that for game balance purpose one character (for example Kilik) should use unique type of weapon (for example staff) with unique moveset and none of other characters can't use/repeat it. It make this character balanced and unique. I mean no clones, only unique characters.

Last edited:
I guess Voldo is never brought into the equation because we’ve never gotten a good look at his full face
Maybe not in-game, but there were concept arts:
volSBEart5.jpg

volSBEart7.jpg

The character on the bottom-right is his master, Vercci.
IIRC, he was mentioned as "malfested for a time" in his SCV profile before it got taken down. Right after Killik cured him in SCIV.

What is problem make different non repeated weapons for characters? Do you like repeated weapons?
Thing is, most of the characters do in fact use swords. It's not really the weapon that matters as much as the style that drives the weapon's use.

So if you had three staff users who used the staff in different ways, I don't see an issue with that. A staff is a very good weapon that's used the world over.

Li Long played much differently than Maxi. Both used similar weapons.

Li Long played much differently than Maxi. Both used similar weapons.
Li Long has two nunchucks, but he is just bonus character in SCIII. I already posted that Maxi moveset should be expanded with two nunchucks.
Thing is, most of the characters do in fact use swords. It's not really the weapon that matters as much as the style that drives the weapon's use.
I agree but it will not be unique. It looks like sword style splitted on few other sub styles while other characters have unique weapons and styles which is imbalance.

I honestly just want SC4 Mitsu back with SC5 Mitsu's 6B and 66B series. His stance play was the best it's ever been and his aGI's were truly satisfying to get off. I would really like to see a lot more characters have some sort of transitional stance play. If they were to introduce a 3 section staff type weapon it'd be perfect to do that.

I think SC2 Mitsu was one of the greatest. The stance play in combination with the buffered JFCs from his stances where simply amazing to watch. Also he had insane basics. Did you ever watch Cuongster play Mitsu in SC2? I feel like we had this discussion before :)
Mitsu in SC4 was cool, but SC4 was just so fucking slow. The guard break mechanics were horrendously bad, imo the worst just next to Just Guard. Just ruined the whole Game for me even though i played it quite a bit.

As long as Namco supports the next game for more than one half assed shitty patch it will be ok. The rest doesnt matter to me. Just dont stop after one shitty fucking patch this time please.

I wonder what color Taki's tights should be, blue, red, or purple? We'll see soon enough.
It would be really cool to see her get white tights with red tribal markings across them in the style of the goddess Amaterasu, perhaps inspired by Okami. Just a single solid color again can get boring after a while.

Reactions: Ave
It's a shame that American fighting games get more attantion nowadays than japanese - Mortal Kombat, Killer Instinct and Injustice

Kratos would be good bring back as a guest simply to bring Aeon's moveset back to the original owner, give Aeon his "Lizardman" style back. Also not many people got to experience Kratos on PSP, and they can update + improve him from his PSP/Aeon moveset to reflect his more recent games.
Reverting Aeon back to a poor man's greek who stands more upright would be a terrible decision. His Kratos inspired moveset fits so well. I prefer him having dual axes instead of another sword/axe and shield user, we have enough of that. I'd much rather they just add some of his old stances and moves to his existing style. He has wings and breathes fire now!

Reverting Aeon back to a poor man's greek who stands more upright would be a terrible decision. His Kratos inspired moveset fits so well. I prefer him having dual axes instead of another sword/axe and shield user, we have enough of that. I'd much rather they just add some of his old stances and moves to his existing style. He has wings and breathes fire now!

The wings never fit for me, especially to be so birdlike on what’s clearly a reptile, but there are enough “& shield” characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back