Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks to your feedback I deleted the original video and reuploaded one with the moves side by side when they have the same moves.

It obviously isn't still an amazing quality video but I just wanted to have visual comparison for fans of the series to look at. It's been incredibly annoying to make the Dreamcast Emulator work properly so I'm resorting to streaming footage from my xbox one version of SC1 and then recording that stream -_-

Though the cutting of the footage is a very tedious process...it has burnt in the visuals for me. It's now very easy to see which moves were made for Hwang and which were for Xianghua due to X's more feminine flourishes coming through in some of Hwang's SC1 moves.

*cough* male voice actor your dolts :D

Edit: Whoops someone already got it, I didn't see it because it was underlined and my brain passed it off as a user name without reading it

X was the Hwang clone. Hwang being the OG

It's true that Hwang was the OG. But in Soul Edge he was basically a Mitsu clone. It's very difficult for me to see who was designed first movelist wise for Hwang and X.

Why? In the Dreamcast version X is the starting character. But in the arcade footage I find, Hwang is the starting character.

In the movelists X also has more original moves than Hwang. So unless we have official word from someone who worked on these older games we can only guess.

I want this Nightmare stage to return in SC6

Ostrenhiensburg_Castle.jpg

The background image/theme of the character select screen reminds me of naruto. I like it, though.

It's true that Hwang was the OG. But in Soul Edge he was basically a Mitsu clone. It's very difficult for me to see who was designed first movelist wise for Hwang and X.

Why? In the Dreamcast version X is the starting character. But in the arcade footage I find, Hwang is the starting character.

In the movelists X also has more original moves than Hwang. So unless we have official word from someone who worked on these older games we can only guess.

I can explain the default characters on arcades thing, Hwang was the default for machines that had Arthur, while Xianghua was the default for machines that had Mitsurugi. It makes sense that Korea would want their Korean character available by default, though that doesn't explain why Seong Mi-na is not default over Kilik on those same machines, as a weird inconsistency.

I loved that they were able to include characters like Arthur and Hwang as bonus characters in SCIII, and then as random Quick Match and Tower of Lost Souls opponents. If they did something like that again (but made them playable too) that would be nice. This is one of the main reasons I think we need the class system (or at least additional fighting styles for CAS) in SCVI. It could help to solve the small roster and missing characters option a little if we're able to somewhat accurately create them ourselves.

I actually think Hwang has more of a chance to come back in SC6 than people give him credit for, even if its a reboot. Sure, Yun-Seong is a more likely addition because of the reboot, but Hwang being present in SCBD and SC5's Quick Match modes, mean that they didn't forget about him. And it would make sense for Project Soul to try and bring old characters to increase their popularity, ther is no better opportunity than now.

I can explain the default characters on arcades thing, Hwang was the default for machines that had Arthur, while Xianghua was the default for machines that had Mitsurugi. It makes sense that Korea would want their Korean character available by default, though that doesn't explain why Seong Mi-na is not default over Kilik on those same machines, as a weird inconsistency.
That was because the Samurai is still banned in Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back