Soul Calibur 6 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if SCVI is gonna be the last SC game, it needs to be fucking epic. And what we need the most is all characters from the series. I don't care if it has the new characters, because even though I hate Patroklos, Pyrrha is quite alright. And I really need a better creation mode. I already said this somewhere, but a combination of SCIV, SCV, and SC:BD creation would be the best. Also, less limited equipment, where I for example can't give it a color I want, or put stickers on it. The best thing about SC:BD Creation was that I had all characters' 1P and 2P equipment, which is sick. And seeing that in SCVI would be awesome.

I know right. I finally got around to trying out Broken Destiny and I loved how it had all the characters' 1P & 2P outfits. It's just a shame that the characters 1P outfits weren't offered as DLC for SCIV because I know I would have paid for them lol. I'm glad that SCV kept the special items feature that Broken Destiny introduced though I wish they kept a lot mof of the items like the guitar.
The only thing that killed the creation for me in SC:BD was that you couldn't alter the characters' bodies lol.

I know right. I finally got around to trying out Broken Destiny and I loved how it had all the characters' 1P & 2P outfits. It's just a shame that the characters 1P outfits weren't offered as DLC for SCIV because I know I would have paid for them lol. I'm glad that SCV kept the special items feature that Broken Destiny introduced though I wish they kept a lot mof of the items like the guitar.
The only thing that killed the creation for me in SC:BD was that you couldn't alter the characters' bodies lol.
I don't know why the hell they removed some of the best equipment in SCV, for example in SCIV and SCIII I used the winged circlet a lot, and I loved the Priestess hairstyle in SC:BD, but they didn't put it into SCV. I played SC:BD first, and when I bought SCV, I couldn't believe it wasn't there, even though it came out later.

BTW, I would really love to see SCIII HD. I bought SCII HD Online recently, and it looks absolutely amazing, especially compared to PS2 on composite. And just to think how awesome would SCIII HD be, when it looks great even on the PS2. But I think they haven't got the money to make it, and want to put all resources and effort into SCVI.... Hopefuly....

Well LS is dead now, I wouldn't say they threw us a bone with the most recent post on the Sc fb page but a half of a small doggie treat and gonna taunt us with it and make us wait for the other half :(

Well, that's two potential announcement venues gone (The Game Awards & PSX). No word on Soul Calibur. I guess there's still Jump Festa 2016 in two weeks, but it'd be a mistake to announce it there, IMO. If the series is going to come back, people have gotta know about it. Need as global an audience as they can get.

Alas, I don't really expect anything to be announced this year.

So many hints & teases idk how much longer i can take. T^T

Santa, if you're real, you know what i want this xmas... ;)

In all seriousness, yeah. I don't know if there will be more announcements on day 2 of PSexperience or not, but it seems unlikely now.
I guess 2016 it is. I hope it's Q1 of 2016.
But y'knoooooooooooooow......it doesn't really have to be at a big gaming convention or something. They can announce it right out of the blue, like they did with SCV.

Project X Zone 2 featuring Natsu from sc5 releases Feb 2016, do you guys think thats what the sc fb page will watse a few months mentioning about before the move on?:/ They did do a post about that SC feature in that crappy mobile game after all

Project X Zone 2 featuring Natsu from sc5 releases Feb 2016,
Hopefully that's a way to scrap her off and forget she ever existed in a main game.
do you guys think thats what the sc fb page will watse a few months mentioning about before the move on?:/
No, they announced that months back if not last year when she was first revealed. It wouldn't make sense at all; it would be incredibly stupid.

Hopefully that's a way to scrap her off and forget she ever existed in a main game.

No, they announced that months back if not last year when she was first revealed. It wouldn't make sense at all; it would be incredibly stupid.
Doesn't mean they definitely wont do it lol

But y'knoooooooooooooow......it doesn't really have to be at a big gaming convention or something. They can announce it right out of the blue, like they did with SCV.

No, it doesn't have to be, but I think it'd be a poor decision to reveal it out of the blue without much buildup or press. If they really want to make this game a success business-wise (which is what we also want if the series is to have a future), they should try to reveal it to a very big crowd so that people aren't going "huh, SoulCalibur 6 was announced? (when did they make 3, 4, and 5?) " when another trailer shows up two months later.

I feel as though Namco has already mishandled Tekken 7's press releases (though a lot of that has to do with them wanting to keep it in arcades for so long before a home release, unlike its peers in the fighting game realm), and Tekken tends to be treated better by Namco. I don't want them to make the same mistakes with SoulCalibur.

They ought to look to the success of Mortal Kombat X. A teaser just before a bigger reveal at E3, then badass character trailers dolled out one by one until the next big venue to show off the game, keeping the game in the public mind for almost a year leading up to its release.

Street Fighter V has taken a similar approach (with direct help from Sony), and I'll be very surprised if that game isn't a hit.

Meanwhile, Namco has been trying to act like the world hasn't gotten a lot smaller in this age of the internet, and keeps relying on fan sites and external sources to pass Tekken 7 news from their Japanese/Korean venues to western audiences. They announced the game at EVO (announcing to an audience of folks that are already big fighting game fans was their first mistake) a year and a half ago, and have a confusing ongoing beta release in Japanese arcades since February. It was only at Paris Games Week a month and a bit ago that we even heard confirmation that a home version of the game was coming at all, and that was probably the most global announcement they've had since the original reveal. I read tons of comments from people who had no clue that the game had been announced a year and a half prior to PGW.

Right now, excitement for the game seems limp, because there's both too much known and too much unknown. You can watch hours and hours and hours of gameplay on youtube or twitch or whatever, but we don't even have an estimated release period for the game.

Anyway, I'm hoping that they don't repeat these mistakes for SoulCalibur VI. I have a bit of a good feeling, since they seem so reluctant to announce anything too soon. I'm hoping that they'll be able to launch relatively shortly after the reveal, while keeping the hype strong with regular character/content trailers leading into release.

But maybe I'm thinking too far ahead. Time to go meditate and wait patiently for... well, whenever they're ready.

I hope it's announced sooner than that. Please, that sounds like really long time when you break it down into days!

I had the 'Soulcalibur 6 announcement' dream too. I was so happy. Then I woke up.
CryALot_zpsqizrjty6.jpg

I don't know why the hell they removed some of the best equipment in SCV, for example in SCIV and SCIII I used the winged circlet a lot, and I loved the Priestess hairstyle in SC:BD, but they didn't put it into SCV. I played SC:BD first, and when I bought SCV, I couldn't believe it wasn't there, even though it came out later.

Same here my friend. I mean, I haven't played enough of Broken Destiny but I was so happy to see Setsuka's hairstyle be included but was pissed how that along with the other hairstyles in the SC4 era (included BD) were discontinued in SCV. They need to bring those back for SC6 for sure.

I just want the SCIII story mode and for the old styles to return in some way. Even if we need even more characters to replace the old characters.
Well, the best thing about earlier SoulCalibur titles was the many game modes. In SCV we only have Arcade, Quick Battle, and Legendary Souls, which is basically a ultra hard arcade. And we have the Online modes. But in SCII we had weapon master, hell, even in freaking SoulBlade there was weapon master mode, in SCIII there are tales of souls, and chronicles of the sword. And there are survival modes, time attack modes, team battle modes... Where the hell is all that? I'd much rather have all the good offline modes than the SCV Online mode, and I hope they'll include some good modes in SCVI, not just the basic ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back