Soul Calibur Character(s) in Smash Bros.?

Norik

[14] Master
I was thinking about this. The a new Super Smash Bros is already on development, and I bet it's gonna be epic as always. Since they used a few non-nintendo characters last time, how about a SC character? What character could it be? There are quite some possibilities:
  • Nightmare: Possibly the best known character in the series, although that's debatable. Could have Siegfried as an alternate outfit.
  • Patroklos: Well, since he is the main character now, he's probably gonna be everywhere they put SC.
  • Ivy: Although inappropriate for a SSB, she's very iconic for the series.
  • Taki: More of the same, although Namco seems to think something different.
I would really like this to happen, although I think that we'll first have to see Ryu AND ChunLi before they even consider a SC character, let alone from any other fighting game.

I can really only see Nightmare/Sieg or Yoshimitsu doing it. The chances aren't completely totally abysmal (really the only competetion Namco has for a third party slot is Pac-man, who has questionable fighting game moveset ability and a vague chance in hell of Lloyd) with Link's cameo in 2, but not the highest.

For god's sake, are you people really that obsessed about Talim? Where did this even come from? One day nobody even mentions her, but the next one you even confuse Maxi with her!? WTF!?

Truth of the matter is, i really dont like talim at all but still i thought she would fit best in SSB out of all the SC chars :P. And thats what this topic is about after all :)

I think Talim isn't iconic enough, and she's actually kinda lame...

You know, I expected to see a bunch of people complaining about Smash Bros... perhaps I'm the wrong section, lol.

I can definitely picture Nightmare in a new ssb.
It's just a tight outfit, I don't actually find it as suggestive as people make it to be. Ivy shows WAY more.
But i wouldnt say "WAY more" enough to be inappropriate, well, atleast scV's costume.

I think Talim isn't iconic enough, and she's actually kinda lame...

You know, I expected to see a bunch of people complaining about Smash Bros... perhaps I'm the wrong section, lol.
On topic-I'm thinking Siegfried since he was the main character for most of the SC series but Nightmare would come in as a close second since he's quite an icon for SC as well. (>^-^)Super Smash Bros was actually a really fun game to play with my siblings and casual gamers friends so I do have fond memories of it and it would be nice to see a sc char in it. (I play as Ike and Link most of the time)
Off topic-Yo, don't diss my priestess. :D

Melee is actually fairly good competitively (Brawl not so much...).

It's quite mind-game heavy (A perfect fit for Yoshimitsu).

I personally wouldn't want to see Soul Calibur characters anywhere near SSB... = l
but if I had to choose, probably Siegfried or Nightmare since they both are iconic in their own right with being more kid friendly then the likes of Ivy. And possibly Patroklos since he is the poster boy of SCV.

But yeah, in a serious note, I'd be like "Hell no! Keep them out of SSB". xD

But yeah, in a serious note, I'd be like "Hell no! Keep them out of SSB". xD
Why? I myself I'm expecting a more mature Smash Bros this time, the game industry is changing a lot you know. I would also like to see Ryu, Chun Li and Scorpion...

Why? I myself I'm expecting a more mature Smash Bros this time, the game industry is changing a lot you know. I would also like to see Ryu, Chun Li and Scorpion...

It's just that I felt SSB was more for the cartoon like characters of Nintendo. But then again, I know you are probably going to say that they included Snake in the latest one so yeah. Now, I probably would be on board for it because Nintendo did work with Namco when they put SCII on Gamecube so I guess I'm okay with it...
But I can't really say I'd want to see the last three you suggested.

Now if Sony wanted to make a party fighting game that included Playstation characters, I'd be more on board seeing those characters with the likes of Dante (Devil May Cry), Crash Bandicoot, and so on.

They supposedly are, but it's just first party Sony characters (all 10 of them dohohoho)
Yeah, I heard about the rumor. And I don't care if they start out with 10. I remember the first Super Smash Bros. game on the N64 didn't have a lot but it was still a fun game at the time.

i also don't want to see soul calibur near SSB either. especially after the crap game that was Brawl. it's too cartoony and snake being in it was awkward because besides Samus was the only realistic character and felt out of place.plus there's already too many or just enough weapon wielding characters. SSB isn't a just a weapon fighter. i think namco should be considering combining with capcom, SNK, or square enix.

i also don't want to see soul calibur near SSB either. especially after the crap game that was Brawl. it's too cartoony and snake being in it was awkward because besides Samus was the only realistic character and felt out of place.plus there's already too many or just enough weapon wielding characters. SSB isn't a just a weapon fighter. i think namco should be considering combining with capcom, SNK, or square enix.
This. I agree with your post, especially the part about Namco working with Capcom, SNK, or Square Enix. Though I did like Brawl, but not as much as Melee. And you are right, Snake looked out of place in that game. That's why I feel SSB should stick to using cartoon like characters with the exception of Samus because she is a pioneer of Nintendo and a cool character at that. I was already kind of iffy when they added Sonic to the game but he fit in nicely and finally was able to duke it out with Mario haha.

Do you imagine a Samurai Showdown vs Soul Calibur?
a little bit. but only because it's hard to picture a 2D fighter with a 3D fighter. yeah i know tekken and street fighter crossed over. one's a 2D and the other's a 3D but tekken plays like a 2D fighter so that wasn't hard to work out at all.

Back