Soul Calibur VS discussion

CaptnBarbosa

[08] Mercenary
How amazing would it be to combine Soul Calibur characters with Square Characters. Cloud, Sephiroth, Chrono, Magus (Zasalamel practically) , and tons of others. The game doesn't have to change that much. Maybe some adjusted animations to fit new characters.

Soul Calibur X Square Enix

Being a fan of both Final Fantasy (some noted Square-enix production, mainly Squaresoft) and Soul Calibur... I would throw up if any appeared as a guest character. It may invite a bigger fanbase, but the fanbase of SE is, um, well it speaks for itself. Also, I just don't see any of those characters fitting well with the series. That would be a low blow to have to deal with Sephiroth and Cloud fananites all the time.

I pray if there were to be a SCV, that SE doesn't do anything to ruin it. We'll leave that to Namco itself.

This idea disgusts me. No offense but I lean more towards original type characters that carry on the story line.

GOGIF.gif

as much as i love FF, i dislike guest chars more.
a square based fighting game would be cool though.
but not sc, good origional chars would be better imo.

edit: but if its tifa and rikku, that'd be ok.

Wow I thought you guys would take more to the idea. My brother had made characters on my SCIV account that were easily identifiable as Square characters. Mitsurugi he made Sephiroth. Other things similar.

Why defend the story? They can just make a game to be a game. Do you really think it's possible to take Marvel Vs. Capcom seriously for story?

I think it'd be healthy for Soul Cal to reach a broader new audience. It'd definitely be healthier for attendance on the competitive side of things.

I dunno if SE would be on board for that, sure. Everyone loves money, but look at how SE teases FF7 fans about Remaking FF7. And that would rake in mad dollars.

Got a better shot of seeing Capcom characters in SCV, if they take the guest character route...Which really IMO needs to be dropped. Calibur can stand on its own legs, for people who want such fan characters. Character creation and character edit is right there.

Wow either way I just saw your video with the SC rant and discounting the Square enix thing (which I get your point by the way I just dont support it), muthatfucking right! Tell them cocksucking sumbitches to shut the fuck up about my beloved series. Dirty fucks!

CaptainBarbosa:
SCIV already reeled in a different fanbase with Star Wars guest characters. It's been done in SCII as well, with Link, Spawn and Heihachi. Also, if SC were to put FF characters as guests... you realize we'd be an even bigger joke to everyone else outside the SC FG community.

Rekano is probably right too... if there were to be guest characters, it would most likely be Capcom seeing how SFvT/TvSF is being made. But, yeah, more official SC characters is way better than guest characters.

@Xeph

The Capcom / Street Fighter Crossovers are done. How many more IPs can you grab from it really?

Soul Calibur isn't a "joke" because of the characters thrown into it, it's a fighting style hand and foot fighters just don't want to be bothered with.

If they want to get serious, they should put the gritty grainy art style on the next Soul Calibur & up the bad ass factor to shake off the MMO nerd of fighting games feel we have now.

I honestly thought not guest characters, but a cross over would be awesome, also if the Square Enix artstyle changed to fit Soul Calibur's universe.

Well, to start, Soul Calibur (especiallyIV) appears as a joke to them and thier communities for multiple reasons. I never said it was looked at as a joke because of guest characters. Though, I admit, that if FF characters were guest characters, that would be a joke.. even to my eyes.

To be completley honest, I don't really have a argument about FF and SC combined being stupid... it just is :/ Aside from the fact that our fanbase would be composed of a bunch of idiots afterwards.

I can't really think of anyone who bought SC4 cause Yoda or Vader were in them(actually alot of my friends who casually dabble in the series, laughed it off as a joke). Nor Spawn or Heihachi. The most successful guest character was Link. I remember people picking up SC2 just because "Link is in a REAL Fighting game!"(hilariously enough, thats how I got into the series. Link's announcement hyped me pre-console release, which spark my interest to buy a Dreamcast to play and learn SC1 to prep.) of course out of those three, Link was the worst. But it didn't matter. Link = sales. And the GCN version sold damn well.

Which looking back actually ASTOUNDS me that they made SC3 PS2 only(and console release first, but thats a different subject entirely). I know FGs on Xbox Live was just starting to pick up then(they weren't ready to attempt to take the game online, if I remember) and the GCN version, with Link's inclusion sold hella more than the other 2.

How amazing would it be to combine Soul Calibur characters with Square Characters. Cloud, Sephiroth, Chrono, Magus (Zasalamel practically) , and tons of others. The game doesn't have to change that much. Maybe some adjusted animations to fit new characters.

No...don't want to explain why either. However i'll keep it simple

Now everyone else's reason is flawed: "because it doesn't fit with the story"
My answer to that: Well, no shit sherlock. that's why they're guest characters.

My reason: It's just really not needed, but then again it MIGHT work.
Here's how: $$$$$$$$$ turns into funds for patches (hopefully) = Updates (really...really...hopeful)

Other than that....it's just for this...
$$$$$$$$$ + bigger fanbase = possible larger tournaments.

Besides, who wouldn't want a nationals in which Sephiroth would win the tournament.

I guess...really...i'm in the middle. Ideally...no it really isn't needed, however it could be i guess fun to the causal gamer.

Soul calibur vs mortal kombat

I have an idea that soul calibur can crossover with mortal kombat and be sucessful.i think soulcalibur can crossover with mortal kombat (but their will be two versions like tekkkenx streetfighter and Streetfighterxtekken)meaning the sc version will be more weapon based fighting and have character creation options etc. and The mortal kombat version will of course be more gory but has realistic violence and has a weapon switching system and etc.The version will be called soulcaliburxMortal kombvat(soulcalibur version)and mortalkombatxsoulcalibur(mortalkombat version).And P.s.Mortal kombat characters have used weapons before.Look up Mortal kombat deception,Mortal kombat Deadly alliance ,Mortal kombat Shaolin monks and Mortal kombat Armaggeddon.And as a plus Mortal kombat and Soul calibur are both Popular games.

Soul Calibur vs Warriors(series)

I love both the Warriors series and Soulcalibur(another Weapon based fighting game) and i would love to see the Soul calibur characters fight the Warriors series characters since they both are the only history based weapon fighting games.P.S I use the same Account name on namco Bandai Forums and am a Sc fan and i would love to see a Nightmare vs Lu bu and a Tadakatsu honda vs Siegfried matchups plus way more matchups(Dynasty warriors used to be a fighting game).Yeah that is what i am talking about and The warrior characters have a lot of weapons that soul calibur weapons don`t have.And There should be two versions a Soul calibur version(Sc vs WA which is a Fighting game version) and a Warriors version(WA vs Sc which is a hack and slash).

Back