SoulCalibur: Arcade Collection

artard4321

[12] Conqueror
Any way to convince Bandai Namco to release a compilation game featuring the arcade versions of past SoulCalibur games for the current generation consoles and PC? Capcom has successfully done this before with their arcade fighting games and is about to release Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. If Capcom can pull this off then I believe that Namco can be successful by doing the same for SoulCalibur. It would be great to be able to play these games with online play in their arcade glory:

Soul Edge
SoulCalibur
SoulCalibur II
SoulCalibur III

It would also be cool if Namco could release this arcade compilation in time for the original SoulCalibur's 20th Anniversary.

Given the choice, you'd only want to play the arcade version of 3.

The console versions of the first three games are considered superior. The Dreamcast version of SC1 in particular looks significantly better than its arcade predecessor.

I don't think there's any chance of such a collection getting made, but I imagine it would only include the SC1 port they made for 360 and SC2 HD. Doing anything with SE or SC3 would require Namco-Bandai to put in actual effort.

Back