Soulcalibur threads thread

Ain't nothing good looking about wearing ropes :P
If they were ropes, I'd agree with you. That or maybe I'm more into leather than I thought!
I love how Taki's outfit manages to be so sexy yet practical with a justification: She's a ninja who relies on mobility, and anything heavy would only hinder her.
I agree! Minus the boobs. Somebody needs a sports bra!
Did you differentiate between the regular and the 2ndary colours ?
Noooooooooooooooope! I just stuck to defaults.

Bringing this up now that we have SCVI. Here's my wishlist for the remaining characters' appearances:

Tira: I'd go with a redesigned version of her SCIII 1P with added elements of later costumes. In general, a green and revealing bird-themed outfit but with muted green, more prominent bird motifs like talons, a raven symbol, and feathered areas. I'd have her hair based off her 2P, and have armored pieces that would naturally help her use the ring blade.

Setsuka: Overall based off the SCIII 1P with the dark hair (hated the blonde look in SCIV), but otherwise (inevitably) having her body based on the SCIV design. There would probably be additional touches as well, but this is generally what I want to see.

Cassandra: Overall I'd keep the general look of her SCII costume but with additional details. It's perfect (though knowing SCVI, they'll probably shorten the skirt even more and add cleavage or something).

Lizardman: More armored compared to his SCI appearance, and bulkier too.

Cervantes: Based on what we saw, it looks like they're going for the ghost pirate look and I think it's good.

Raphael: Darker version of his SCII costume, maybe with the SCV hat.

Any ideas you guys have?

I'd just see Tira being her SoulCalibur III 1p except with an intact uniform, and perhaps when armor destructed, it becomes as it is in SoulCalibur III.

Setsuka's natural hair color is blonde, and I much preferred her SoulCalibur III 2p over her 1p anyway, so something more like that would be better.

I don't really think Cassandra will make the cut, but if she returns, she'll probably do as she always does and recycle a previous outfit with new colors.

Hopefully Lizardman would be more lizard than dinosaur as was his original appearance, but that much already seems confirmed by the story art.

Same for Cervantes, we've already seen him, but I'd think/hope that his alternate would be human form when he is revived later in the story.

I'd like to see Raphael's SoulCalibur II 2p make a return, since I really think he rocks the goatee pretty well. Maybe wearing a mask to hide from his pursuers.

I'll add that I'd like to see Hwang wearing something more along the lines of SoulBlade or SoulCalibur III but when armor broken more like SoulCalibur.

Also, I really hope that Inferno keeps his true appearance if he is playable instead of becoming some sort of melty lava crystal reflection type thing.

Wait, are you saying they should cover Tira up? Idk, doesn't really fit her "wild and loose" character who's made to appear that way because she doesn't care.

Also, what do you mean Cassandra is getting cut? Even the leaks are saying they feel warm about her, and she's way too popular to ignore.

Well, considering she would be in Bird of Passage during this time, so she'd be a bit more grounded, it would make sense if her uniform was mostly intact, as seen in New Legends of Project Soul, maybe a few cuts because of her weapon naturally causing them, but nowhere near what it looked like in SoulCalibur III, which looked to be the result of years of neglect.

Cassandra might make DLC, I just don't like her chances of base roster. They may need a bit more time to give her style unique flair, since they've been giving augmentation and flair to "clone" styles to set them apart, and they're already likely busy with Lizardman, so Cassandra being a DLC character to let them really tune her up properly makes sense.

Actually this is not only a reboot (which means they aren't stuck with adhering to the original timeline), but it also reaches up to SCII which is set in the same year as SCIII. So, not really a stretch in this regard.

It's also hard to imagine Cassandra getting cut unless they want a backlash, though inevitably I might see it if they want to be greedy and use her as DLC knowing she'll sell. It'd be a dick move, though.

Actually this is not only a reboot (which means they aren't stuck with adhering to the original timeline), but it also reaches up to SCII which is set in the same year as SCIII. So, not really a stretch in this regard.

It's also hard to imagine Cassandra getting cut unless they want a backlash, though inevitably I might see it if they want to be greedy and use her as DLC knowing she'll sell. It'd be a dick move, though.
Can you be so sure? Look at what happened in Soul Calibur 5 where they cut Taki, Seung-Mina, & especially Talim? Those three characters were popular and yet they got cut. I mean sure, Taki got replaced but people still preferred her a lot more than Natsu and lots of people were upset that Seung-Mina and especially Talim were axed.

So I don't really think the devs care what the response is if they cut out a character, especially since the lead director isn't a fan of Cassandra (from what I've heard). And if this is true, it's pretty much like how Sakurai who directs the Super Smash Bros. series doesn't like Waluigi and because of this, will never feature him in the game so it could be the same situation with this director of post Soul Calibur 4 who doesn't like Cassandra.

The one who made that decision, Daishi Odashima, left in 2013 and it seems the rest of the team is wiser when it comes to appealing to their audience. Just look at SCVI, the whole game is made as an apology for SCV.

The one who made that decision, Daishi Odashima, left in 2013 and it seems the rest of the team is wiser when it comes to appealing to their audience. Just look at SCVI, the whole game is made as an apology for SCV.
"Left" lol We all know he was fired after some of the dumb decisions he made with SCV that ended up hurting the game. But okay if it was Daishi who was the one who didn't like Cassandra (I kept hearing it was Hoshino who didn't like her) then okay, perhaps she does have a better chance making it in.

"Left" lol We all know he was fired after some of the dumb decisions he made with SCV that ended up hurting the game. But okay if it was Daishi who was the one who didn't like Cassandra (I kept hearing it was Hoshino who didn't like her) then okay, perhaps she does have a better chance making it in.
I know that Daishi quit but in Japan it works differently and I imagine he was pressured into it. Anyways, hard to imagine Hoshino not liking her since he promoted her so much during LS, but that's history. I trust Okubo will do a good job.

I know that Daishi quit but in Japan it works differently and I imagine he was pressured into it. Anyways, hard to imagine Hoshino not liking her since he promoted her so much during LS, but that's history. I trust Okubo will do a good job.
Well here's to hoping lol

Tira: I'd go with a redesigned version of her SCIII 1P with added elements of later costumes. In general, a green and revealing bird-themed outfit but with muted green, more prominent bird motifs like talons, a raven symbol, and feathered areas. I'd have her hair based off her 2P, and have armored pieces that would naturally help her use the ring blade.
Holy shit, I was right on the mark!

I'd like to see Raphael's SoulCalibur II 2p make a return, since I really think he rocks the goatee pretty well. Maybe wearing a mask to hide from his pursuers.

c7e5456e6b.jpg

1539469681148.png

qNnSwn6.jpg

Well, we have an idea of what we can expect Cassandra and Amy to look like. Now we just need to see it in game.

where is the screenshot that lists them as NPC? i've seen a screenshot with Lizardmen, Hwang, Rock but i havent seen their names as NPC. As much as I would love to have them. I hope season 1 pass includes Yun, Setsuka and Hilde. Then season pass 2 can include clones and fan favorites. Realistically though i can see Amy, Cassandra and Yun on Season pass 1 since they are the highest characters that are left from the popularity poll.

I'm not sure how much the poll has to do with it since they didn't even know people wanted Tira when was in the Top 10.

And can I see this picture with Rock?

where is the screenshot that lists them as NPC? i've seen a screenshot with Lizardmen, Hwang, Rock but i havent seen their names as NPC. As much as I would love to have them. I hope season 1 pass includes Yun, Setsuka and Hilde. Then season pass 2 can include clones and fan favorites. Realistically though i can see Amy, Cassandra and Yun on Season pass 1 since they are the highest characters that are left from the popularity poll.

NPCs you encounter in the Soul Chronicle end up in the Character Compendium section in the Museum. The reason Cassie & Amy aren't on the list yet is because the streamer didn't play Sophitia's story mode until yesterday & never touched Rapheal's story.

2018-10-13_1602.png

What an NPC unlock is like
2018-10-14_0909.png

And can I see this picture with Rock?

He's just mentioned as The White Giant
2018-10-13_1558.png

Back