SoulCalibur VI Beta Ivy Combos (SS + CS included)

Autherius

[08] Mercenary
This are a few combos I've pulled out with the help of some great friends and watching lots of videos. The more I get, I'll be posting them here.
Big shoutouts to my sparring friends. And shame for every single Ivy players I've found, instead of sharing knowledge, they send hatemail or simply ignore my messages asking/showing them things.
I'll add the text command (123ABKG) below the inputs (smileys).
I'm still having a hard time punishing with Ivy or countering super fast because besides :2::1::4::B: (which some times doesn't pull out because of the lag), haven't found any move fast enought

NOTE: ALL INPUTS ARE BASED ON 1P (LEFT SIDE), EVEN THOUGH SOMETIMES I AM ON THE RIGHT SIDE.

Calamity Symphony:

:3::7::4::6::9::1::6::A::+::G:
3746916 A+G

Summon Suffering:

:3::7::6::2::3::1::A::+::G:

376231 A+G

Combo 1:

:6::K::B: (unblockable or not), :1::K:
6KB (unblockable or not), 1K.

Combo 1a:

www.youtube.com/watch/hE11zLpJuNE

:6::K::B: (unblockable or nor), :8::A::+::B:, :B:
6KB (unblockable or not), 8A+B, B.
Tried to do it with B (holding) at the end, but the opponent got air control and moved away from the attack. So watch out for this.

Combo 2:

:3::3::(A):, :9::B::+::K:, :4::A::(A):, :8::B::+::K:

33A (counter), 9B+K, 4AA (Hold to trigger Serpent's Embrace), 8B+K. You can finish this with another 9B+K that will track the opponent if he moves, but wont land if he blocks.

Combo 3:

:1::(B):, :3::B::+::K:, :2::A::+::G:

1B 3B+K (or 2B+K depending on the opponent's distance) 2A+G (this will not land if the opponent stays on ground or blocks low/jump but is a nice mixup most wont see coming).

Last edited:
I prefer doing the 8B+K rainbow after 1!

also love 22[ B ], AAA, 8A+B, B

lastly 22[A], 6B,[A], [K], 8B+K

Last edited:
I prefer doing the 8B+K rainbow after 1!

also love 22, AAA, 8A+B, B

lastly 22[A], 6B,[A], [K], 8B+K
I didn't get your first and second combos. Can you explain them further? For example, "22 AAA"? I don't get it. Sorry :( never played this before the beta. There were no events on my city.
Your last combo seem great, haven't done it but I can visualize it on my mind. Can you put it with smileys so I can have a better image???

This are a few combos I've pulled out with the help of some great friends and watching lots of videos. The more I get, I'll be posting them here.
Big shoutouts to my sparring friends. And shame for every single Ivy players I've found, instead of sharing knowledge, they send hatemail or simply ignore my messages asking/showing them things.
I'll add the text command (123ABKG) below the inputs (smileys).
I'm still having a hard time punishing with Ivy or countering super fast because besides :2::1::4::B: (which some times doesn't pull out because of the lag), haven't found any move fast enought

That's a shame; I thought you played fantastically. You've got a great command of the character already. Over the years, Ivy players have been the most sharing players in the community. I don't remember if you asked me anything (I was the player using SS all the time), but anyone who asked me anything, I shared what little I knew. This weekend was my first time playing SC6 (after a years' long absence), and I knew I wasn't going to be much competition for people. I'm just glad I could hang in there at times to make things interesting. I was having issue with 214B as well. Don't get me wrong, I used that move a ton, but there were times when the move didn't come out. I just chalked it up to human error (my fingers were bloodied and bruised after buffering SS so much on the PS4 pad--I bought a PS4 and 4K TV just for the beta test, so I hadn't even held a PS4 pad until Friday night).

I hope to play you again sometime, and I really hope to play in person some time as well.

That's a shame; I thought you played fantastically. You've got a great command of the character already. Over the years, Ivy players have been the most sharing players in the community. I don't remember if you asked me anything (I was the player using SS all the time), but anyone who asked me anything, I shared what little I knew. This weekend was my first time playing SC6 (after a years' long absence), and I knew I wasn't going to be much competition for people. I'm just glad I could hang in there at times to make things interesting. I was having issue with 214B as well. Don't get me wrong, I used that move a ton, but there were times when the move didn't come out. I just chalked it up to human error (my fingers were bloodied and bruised after buffering SS so much on the PS4 pad--I bought a PS4 and 4K TV just for the beta test, so I hadn't even held a PS4 pad until Friday night).

I hope to play you again sometime, and I really hope to play in person some time as well.

Thank you for your support and kind words. Unfortunately, I didn't play the beta on PlayStation 4, only on Xbox.

If we played on Xbox, then maybe I don't remember you, what was your gamertag??
I remember finding 3 good Ivy players and none of them wanted to help me pull the combos I listed.

Back