Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

If Aeon does come back, assuming he goes back to axe and shield, would he most likely have access to his variant of Soul Edge? I'm asking since he has that in SC3 and 4. Although I wouldn't put much hope on seeing it used in Libra of Souls, since no matter your choice, despite being said to be able to adapt to their wielders, Soul Edge will still show up as a greatsword while Soul Calibur will still show up as a jian.

If Aeon does come back, assuming he goes back to axe and shield, would he most likely have access to his variant of Soul Edge? I'm asking since he has that in SC3 and 4. Although I wouldn't put much hope on seeing it used in Libra of Souls, since no matter your choice, despite being said to be able to adapt to their wielders, Soul Edge will still show up as a greatsword while Soul Calibur will still show up as a jian.

I doubt it. No one but Nightmare gets Soul Edge in VI, and no one but Xianghua gets Soul Calibur, despite the models for those variants existing in IV.

If Aeon makes it back in, his weapons would most likely be:
Already in the Game said:
Iron Hatchet (formerly known as Hand Axe)
Lunatic
Meat on the Bone (unused, but still in the game)

To Be Added said:
Xi Sword & Game Shield
Grudge Ax & Aya Shield
Tabarzin
Kora

Hwang and Yun-seong can absolutely coexist as separate entities, as they did in SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition.

If they add a "unarmed" character, either giving him/her cesti or making that character an actual werewolf (not a stand user-like one like ZWEI, something more like Castlevania's Cornell) might be a good idea.

I’m sure a bare-handed user could be made plausible if they have really malfested limbs or an arm blade like Velvet. Probably would have worked well on Bolta since she’d have been a nice new addition to the female cast.

I really hope they bring Hilde back, even if it is a younger version. She is actually mentioned in the Libra of Souls story line I think about three times. I took photos of the dialogue.

Would love Hilde to be back soooooooooo much. She was my main in IV onwards and her unique charge dynamic is really missed in this game. I think she would be a good addition considering the play style of the current roster.

That being said, I think Amy, and Hwang are high up there due to their inclusion in Libra of Souls with unique character models already designed (i.e. in the dialogue scenes).

After all this waiting, that CAS pack better be good. If we waited this whole time for recycled gear, I say we go to Namco's HQ in Japan and riot.

If we got a lot of recycled parts in 4 and 5, i dont see why they would change it now. I'm hoping we dont get too much modern, holiday, joke nonsense. At least recycled gear is still useful. Its the firefighters, flight attendants, construction workers, sport uniforms that i'm worried about. I'd take all recycled gear if it meant avoiding that shit. Especially if you consider recycled gear could potentially mean previous 2Ps since that made up CAS.

If we got a lot of recycled parts in 4 and 5, i dont see why they would change it now. I'm hoping we dont get too much modern, holiday, joke nonsense. At least recycled gear is still useful. Its the firefighters, flight attendants, construction workers, sport uniforms that i'm worried about. I'd take all recycled gear if it meant avoiding that shit. Especially if you consider recycled gear could potentially mean previous 2Ps since that made up CAS.
Considering they're making us wait this long for it, I would hope they have actual, cool new stuff. So much of SCVI's part were recycled, so I would hope DLC makes up for it.

Same. Even if that means getting the parts from the outfits of the SCV cast. Not that I'd mind, anyway.

Any hope that a CaS pack actually has a soul in it? Devil Jin vs Malfested Kilik hopes here

If so i sure as hell hope we dont see Devil Jin again. They could at least go with something different like Ogre. I've actually wanted to see him as a legit character in this series for a while now.

If so i sure as hell hope we dont see Devil Jin again. They could at least go with something different like Ogre. I've actually wanted to see him as a legit character in this series for a while now.
Dunno. About as likely as Zas being in Tekken 7, but considering Negan is in, that could sound possible.

They could keep the devil style in the family. They won’t scrap those frames and move lists. I would also like sharp fingers and toes.

Back