[Southern California] Kings Of the Ant Hill

usually i have to face a guantlet just to get into his face, of course life is easier once there, but it doesnt last

So you basically get away for free for doing a move that if it lands you get a chunk of damage? And it sounds like you can just stab more since he can't block forever without his guard being broken. If he is backstepping you can just stab again and hit him, and that will also avoid low and high throws, and the only things that would hit you are knee and bull rush (maybe). Knee is stab punishable and bull rush puts asta in a place he doesn't want to be with Pyrrha.

well id like to help u out, but i cant really break down his game, i am pretty confused since most astas give me no trouble

it certainly can be. Mamba (the few games I've played him. ) did give me some trouble with just chainstab off everything. Though even those games were very close since I largely didn't know what the hell his plan was. ( I also went for flashy CE shenanigans and whatnot. ) Against phyr I'm starting to spend alot more of my gauge just impacting for free throw attempts.

deathfist is annoying, but bear in mind it IS -16 and he should not be catching you with chain angelstep b's unless he's reading your throws extremely well. deeper deathfist blocks can be punished with 4b for some workable advantage, or 66b at range for less damage then you'd like.

Those are both frame perfect punishes though, so you gotta be spot on with them, especially 66B as you might get tech ducked if its late.

It's not just Mamba that I'm playing that is giving me these problems, but he is certainly one of them. I know stab is -16, but that is just one frame short of being a free throw (which would be nice and alleviate some of the problems I'm having). I just feel like the risk/reward in that match is skewed so far in Pyrrha's favor that I can't really do much of anything. He doesn't do repeated stabs often, but just having that in his arsenal makes me scared because it limits my options after stab. 66B after stab is ok but hardly does any damage and it is easy to miss. I haven't been trying 4b yet but I will see how that works out for me.

Wow, it looks like MLG just picked up sc5 for their winter championships tourney in columbus,oh $16,700 total!!! It's on the same weekend as ncr though. Damn i wish i kept up with this game.

Jared: just-guard would help you considerably in that match up. Without normal GIs you need something to discourage fast attacks. If you're speaking strictly for online play... then you're fucked.

You have to play against the player, not the character. A few "JG's -> punish" here 'n there will command respect; all of which are easier to do against fast characters.

OOORRRR... you can just switch to Maxi

OOORRRR... you can stop being bad! (I kid, surely I kid)

Yeah I can JG obvious stuff like 2 hit brave edge attacks, but I should really practice JG against fast moves in certain situations. Is Maxi good in this game? I've moved from Pyrrha to Cervy to Natsu in this game and I can't find any other characters I like. Thanks for the advice Will and Beefy.

Maxi is good... but you have to be a man to utilize him properly.
Jared my friend... you are not a man.
HOWEVER
... you are not a woman either...

You are a self-aware beast that has mastered written and verbal communication.
With that being said, I see Aeon as the best virtual representation of you.

Aeon, my friend... Aeon.
Is Aeon male? Is Aeon female? Who knows? Who cares? Aeon breathes fire and bites people... that is all you need to know.

Be sure to thank me when you win a tournament with Aeon before pounding your chest in an act of primal dominance.

Anybody in the Santa Clarita or San Fernado area play this game? Seems like the only place people play this game is Super Aracade and that is super far away from me.

Ah semi, you should open a clinic. Though given that response he gave noface earlier, I'd suspect he's driving to PC arena, and then likely through the glass.

Is there anything on the west side of Los Angeles? Santa Monica, Venice, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Longbeach....ANYONE doing tourneys, casuals, hit me up!!

Is there anything on the west side of Los Angeles? Santa Monica, Venice, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Longbeach....ANYONE doing tourneys, casuals, hit me up!!
A lot of us meet up at Super Arcade in Walnut on the weekend (thurs,fri,sat & sun) for cauals & weekly Tournament on sunday, should check it out.

I've been to Super Arcade. Its great (good competition), just really far for me. Like 1:15 away from me.

I've been to Super Arcade. Its great (good competition), just really far for me. Like 1:15 away from me.
Ah yeah...I know how you feel...it's a 45 min drive for me but longer with traffic. I'm looking for a more local place that does gatherings as well, I know SPman holds some gatherings and he's not that far off, so keep a look out.

Jared: didn't mean to offend you-it was a joke. I don't play on xbox so how would I know if you lose to mamba anyway. You've joked around with me before its nothin personal. "Nothoughtkiller" lol

Back