Spectator cast Episode 1: Just Spectating

sorry for the long wait between updates but hope you will enjoy. unfortunately spectator cast #8 had some large technical issues (mainly skype being bad) and spectator cast #9 was lost to space and time

Spectator Cast is back with its 10th episode featuring special guest DeathInMyEyes the 2015 CEO champion in soulcalibur 5. topics discussed include CEO 2015 recent online tournament hosted by DarkPartyWolf, Dampierre, and the value of online play. time stamps included.

time stamps:

0:25: dime and CEO 2015
7:45 MKX on pc suxs
9:00 mkx/CEO stuhf
21:03 Pwolf's online Tourney
21:09 Dime sucks
23:13 The People's champ(winged Pirate) vs oofmatic
35:52 is dampierre viable or trash?
42:46 Why is Hitbox so GDLKE?
46:49 xeph vs Astaroth and thoughts no asta in general
58:25 does a character need 50/50s to be good?
1:00:30 what makes a character seem good to you from the start?
1:20:20 PRAISE THE LORD
1:33:12 is online worthwhile/ can online only players be good?
1:49:20 Voldo shenanigans

Last edited:
here is Spectator cast #11 Steam Bun edition featuring Party Wolf( Michael Stabile ) and Jimbontor Jimmy Mello) as guests. some topics discussed include views on community growth, discussion of various system mechanics and even some viewer questions. time stamps in the video description

Pretty interesting Mcgee. I haven't been in loop for a long time and this is helping me see where shit is at

spectaor cast is back for another episode with everyone present this time (ZeroEffect, Fuzion404, WindofMitsu, me) and JJJ for a limited time. topics include Summer Jam, TFC, how much does confidence affect your performance, end of lost swords, thoughts on ft3 tournament formats, and more

time stamps :

0:00 intro
0:47 Summer Jam
11:12 are there certain matchups where JGing isnt critical
15:12 secret topic
25:58 TFC
31:25 Fuzion hates people
32:52 more TFC stuff
38:30 Helicopter stories
45:44 how much does confidence affect tournament performance
58:46 is Moneymuffins right that a First-To-3 format for tournaments isn't enough to accurately see who's better?
1:08:56 RIP Lost Swords
1:18:04 a wild JJJ appears
1:18:20 shoutouts to comcast
1:19:30 does JJJ think confidence affects your tournament performance?
1:28:53 how much does a person's character choice affect their view of a game

Spectator cast is back with another episode. some of the topics discussed this cast are TFC results , EMS results, opinions on playing low tier characters, a certain player tierlist, Salt, and more

warning: shots may have been fired

timestamps later:
1:25 TFC
2:40 Fuzion's excellent adventure
4:10 more TFC stuff
10:56 Fuzion hates people
13:52 Zeroeffect's not so excellent adventure
16:00 even more tfc stuff
31:22 Exitwounds boyz
38:22 Fuzion's Jimmies are rustled/Fuzion hates more people
45:00 Edge Master Series reviewed by Salty Americans (Vive la France)
53:14 regional differences in a game
1:04:50 French callouts
1:09:27 Can it be accurate to form an opinion of someone's true skill off of a few games? Does it matter if it's online or offline
(because wind is free)
1:21:20 Moneymuffins player tierlist
1:35:45 "Why do people who play shitty characters like to have contests with each other over who's character is worse? What's the point?"
-His Grace, Jon of House Nitti, First of His Name, King of the Hamburgers and the First Hotdogs, Lord of the Seven Condiments, and Protector of the Bun."

Rated G for Grossly Mature - Partisan

Spectator cast is back with another episode. some of the topics discussed this cast are TFC results , EMS results, opinions on playing low tier characters, a certain player tierlist, Salt, and more

I'd like to give my perspective when it comes to the playing low/mid tier characters thing. When I picked my character, I wasn't a good Soulcalibur player, so there was no way for me to know why my character was "low tier". It wasn't until I became good that myself and others acknowledged Xiba as mid tier. Now, as thankful as I am for the skill that I have acquired through that, if I were to go back from the beginning with my current skill set, there is no way I'd pick Xiba. It is really just a luck of the draw and as someone who wants to win I'd pick the best character that I enjoy. The reason I didn't switch back in 2014 is because I felt that the meta was too advanced to learn another character. I would have to exceed my skill level that I had with my Xiba knowledge, play lots of match ups in a small player pool, and then be good enough to win a tournament in the span of months. Don't think it would've been possible to be a threat to the best if I played a high/top tier with that much experience on year 2-3. The only time I think that would really help is if you played a character that was truly balls like ZWEI or Damp, but even then I don't think that's a big enough time frame to take the whole thing at a tournament like Final Round or NEC.

EDIT: There is no excuses in SCVI though if you are an SCV player. There is also no excuses if you were an SCIV player playing SCV since you have a full understanding of what to observe when determining if a character is stupid in Soulcalibur or any fighting game.

Last edited:
Even when looking at the new school for SCV, the stronger players with the most high placings closely correlate with the tier list (at least when it comes to general consensus like the moneymuffins tier list).

BlueBoy>IRM>Me>Jimbo

Patroklos>Maxi>Xiba>Ezio

EDIT: There is no excuses in SCVI though if you are an SCV player. There is also no excuses if you were an SCIV player playing SCV since you have a full understanding of what to observe when determining if a character is stupid in Soulcalibur or any fighting game.

I agree you'll figure out quicker, sure, but that's not a guarantee that you'll know right away. In my case for example, Leixia was nerfed via patches. Granted, the patches came early enough to where, if I really wanted to drop her, I could've. We don't know if that'll be the case in SC6. There may be more than one patch or DLC. That and, outside of Viola/Apat most people took a while to figure out who were the best. Mitsu was up there for a time, Cervantes for a time, Natsu and Pyrrha were up there, and Pat is only within the year being widely accepted as potential top 3.

There's also different mechanics to consider. how safe movement is, guard damage if it still exists, JG if it still exists, etc.

EDIT: The only thing we know for sure is that whoever the greek character is will be good and well-rounded.

hey look another podcast

0:50 SANDMAN
7:20 Yoshi and Siegfried MU
23:30 advantages and disadvantages of training mode vs just playing
39:40 Importance in big name players being seen as approachable in your community
54:20 screening process for joining SCCP group
1:21:15 WINDJAMMERS
1:27:50 least favorite fighting game mechanics

Back