Start of the battle

I'm confused here.

You (Halister) said this to someone:

I'm sure you meant to say "but keep offline tactics........"

But then you continue to say that you don't think talking about online play is worthwhile.

Am I reading into this wrong, or what?

Fixed, thanks

I'm hoping you mean Valter first, but really doesn't matter too much. My point stands with the excessive talk about online play. But when someone like Valter talks about "up Y" as a move, I just cringe and then shurg my shoulders.

He was actually talking to me, I had made a misguided post that I then deleted.

I'm hoping you mean Valter first, but really doesn't matter too much. My point stands with the excessive talk about online play. I'm a twat. But when someone like Valter talks about "up Y" as a move, I just cringe and then shurg my shoulders.

Didn't say "up Y". It's 7B if you want translation.
When fighting Kilik's. I always get into a WR.BBB or WR.BAB and catch spammers off guard in my preparation for a PO 532B. For experienced users start it off with a 5B.

[wrong stuff]...5B.

lol this guy is pure jokes or he needs an explanation.

the number system is like this:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

where 6 is Forward, 3 is Down-Forward, 2 is Down, etc. and 5 is Neutral. Quarter Circle Forward is 236.

whenever you use the directions, it is assumed that you are on the 1P side.

the game itself naturally categorizes the inputs for you without referring to console-specific button names. that's one of the reasons why people insist on using ABKG-- when you look at the command list, that's what you see.

IMO, playing Taki online is like playing Syobon's . It turns into a game of anticipation and prediction and less of reaction. Punishing is a chore because, on top of our imperfect reaction times, we get latency to contribute to delays. I hate playing Taki online, because my playstyle seriously suffers with latency. Normally, I'd take advantage of Taki's quick pokes and the fact that we're both at neutral in the start of a match to start an offense right away or react to an opener and THEN start an offense. Almost everything in the game is negative something on block. Giving Taki +anything opens up a whole lot of options for her, even if she gets pushed out. As far as I can remember, Kilik's vertical moves, for the most part, don't have insane tracking. Sure, Asura Dance has ridiculous tracking properties, but even the JF version is punishable with A6. Cervy's torpedo, or GDR/iGDR is similar in that it's punishable with a whole slew of stuff, A6 included. His teleport 4B+K takes forever to come out, and no other move looks like it. It's +5 or something on block, but it's extremely linear.

Basically, don't be afraid to block a few things to continue the offense, sometimes it's nice if your opponent puts themselves at a disadvantage for a change.

BTW, what's PO 532B?

I guess im different i love playing taki online.....first off its just plain easier, giving that online shit doesnt really matter its just fun to piss people off. currently im a level 9 and playing against lvl100+ making them think im just another taki bomb noob. but i find that spaming AB PO mix ups and spaming PO Hover moves really lock people down easily online. Poeple either whiff and eat a Hover B or take SG dmg from it and a Hover A mix up is impossible to lock online lol. also with the lag you can get a extended hover combo:

such as: Hover B, WS K, 1BA, PO K , 3bK, PO B (78-80 dmg i think) or just do PO A+B after the PO K for 90 dmg overall.

you have to play a spam Taki online IMO becuase getting punished is harder and AB seems to get Taki back into their face afterwards

Back