'Sup Folks - Still Picking a Character Here

Corbeau

[08] Mercenary
I've tinkered with Soul Calibur in the past - a bit of 3 and a dab of 4 - but plan to play more intelligently with the newest entry in the series. Still just casuals with friends, but I find that studying games is part of their fun. That's why I'm here: to ask questions and improve my study of the game.

Unlike earlier games, where I felt drawn to specific characters, it's not at all clear who I should main in SC5. Partially that's a good thing, since casuals among friends get really repetitive when everyone only plays a single character, but I'd still like to up my game with someone on the roster. In the past I played Mitsurugi, but something about him never clicked (and the thematic attraction dropped after I ceased doing Kendo). I tried Xianghua in SC4 and was completely free, so I switched up to Siegfried and discovered that I really enjoy slower spacing characters. Yet everyone feels different in SC5, including Siegfried, and I'm left unsure. While I've played some 2D fighting games, and enjoy watching their competitive scenes, I love the emphasis on spacing and psychology in the Soul Calibur series. That implies a zoning-focused character, but rushdown is so alien that it's interesting to study. Hilde (interesting mix of ranges) and Yoshimitsu (crazy mix-up funkiness) are probably the leading candidates in my mind.

Wouldn't mind some character selection advice going in, but hope for an interesting time on these board regardless.

Yoshimitsu is a very fun character because it would take hours of playing him to actually stop laughing he can be a good character very good if you can perform some of his combos i have no experience with Hilde sorry i can't offer any info on her side and you will most likely hear this from everyone but play what character you enjoy and it should never get boring

Back