Super Smash Bros Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Have you tried Bayonetta?
Didn't download her. I'm not super interested in her and I'm waiting till payday.

EDIT: Some more Corrin thoughts:

Seems like Down tilt into Up-tilt is guaranteed on pretty much all characters. Looks like Corrin has a number of powerful 2-hitters. Low forward air, land, down-tilt, up-tilt seems to work at low percents.

Corrin can zone really well thanks to the projectiles full screen coverage.

Dragon Lunge has a number of properties. In addition to pinning enemies, it has a sweet spot for kills. Can kill as early as 90%, has seems to have some legal combos.

Corrin's throws aren't too shabby, but a number of them knock too far for anything guaranteed, but plenty of mind-games and forcing the enemy to react a certain way.

In the air foward air then up air seems to work on a number of characters. And at a number of medium percents.

It's possible to dodge Corrin's projectile at melee range and still recover fast enough to counter special the melee claw attack. Vary the timing on both of these to avoid eating a counter.

Up-air seems really good at killing. Probably not former Diddy Kong tier, though, but something like a lesser Palutena (or maybe on par) Up Air.

Last edited:
Corrin thoughts part 3.

Corrin has a hit box on a charged forward smash. At close range he can "saw" his opponents with his sword and then finishes them off with the stab. Pretty useful, but the damage seems to be around the same as the normal smash attack at the tip or sweet spot.

Corrin's head on the Dragon's Ascent seems to have a spike on it. If landed right, seems to kill early.

Corrin's Down Air at certain angles, and if the last hit connects, can sometimes guarantee a sweet spotted side-B at certain percents. Rather useful.

If you use Down Air on the edge and miss the edge you can side B to grab on instead and then jump off like a wall cling and climb back up.

Stuns from Dragon Shots can guarantee a quick forward smash. Useful for kill guarantees.

Up-tilt surprisingly combos into a lot of aerial and ground tilts.

On certain stages it's possible to use Side-B to hit targets before they latch onto the edge to prevent grabbing. Somewhat similar to Cloud (and others) being able to down air through the ledge to prevent edge grabbing.

I think Corrin might be a bit too good. Great damage, all around great tilts and aerials. Lots of kill potential in a lot of normals despite lacking meteor smashes (and perhaps that's why...)

Can't really tell if safe/unsafe. But forward smash is pretty safe thanks to the distance. All specials are completely unsafe if whiffed/missed.

If the rumor that this will be re-released on the NX as a launch title with all DLC and additional characters is true, which characters would you like to see? My additions would be:

Ice Climbers (Ice Climber)
Wolf (Star Fox)
Solid Snake (or Big Boss or Punished Snake) (Metal Gear)
Detective Pikachu (Pokemon)
Ayumi Tachibana (Detective Club)
Takamaru (The Mysterious Castle Murasame)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
Pokemon Trainer (with new Pokemon) (Pokemon)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Chibi-Robo (Custom Robo)
Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
Jin Kazama (Tekken)
Bomberman (Bomberman)
Isaac (Golden Sun)

I know I'm being a bit generous with the amount of characters here, but I figured I'd just list a bunch that I'd like to see in hopes that at least some of them might have a chance of making it in if there is going to be one.

Back