Swords, Shields, And Sparkly Things - FE's CaS Gallery

@Pocky-Yoshi
This is irrelevant, but I love your sig. It amuses me.
Oh, and I also like Dante, he's badass. Fenris caught my eye as well, with the colorful-ness and the large amount of stickers. Especially that zipper, I love it!

Both your CAS and extra outfits for the main cast are great! I can't really comment on each one of them right now, but if you want a little feedback, it would be about Ivan's 1P.

His symbol on his chest is almost not visible due to the small contrast between it and the pattern you used on the shirt (too bad the sticker doesn't have bump maps). I think you can try lighten (or darken) the bird emblem, or simply remove it. Afterall, he already has quite the big Schawrzwind emblem on his back that gives quite some presence, and undermines greatly the one in the front. I also have a little confusion concerning the chains on his shoulder pad. Could you explain how/where it is put? Due to the color and the angle you placed it, it looks like it's floating a bit for me, so I want to be sure what you were going for before adding anything.

Keep it coming! Loving your video. I actually dressed Kilik this way once in terms of clothing choice and color scheme, but I'm really preferring your choice of pattern over mine.

lol, I actually thought about discarding the sticker on his chest since it blended in completely with the pattern, but I altogether forgot about the sticker, so I just left it there. Didn't think anyone would actually notice it, lol.

Also, the chain is hanging from his shoulder. Just there.

Thank you for the feedback on Ivan. :D

I love your 3p outfits. I also really really like Astrid (CAS). Also what (in your first post) Is that leixia shirt? I can't seem to find it. Maybe I just don't have good eyes haha.

I love your 3p outfits. I also really really like Astrid (CAS). Also what (in your first post) Is that leixia shirt? I can't seem to find it. Maybe I just don't have good eyes haha.

I believe that was the changbao item, just with the cloths hanging from the waist cut off. Thank you though. :D

BIG UPDATE AHEAD (AGAIN)

time for 2P's + backstory blurbs!

ivan2p1.png

ivan2p2.png

ivan2p3.png

Ivan Belyakov

Bloodshot, amber eyes opened, and they blinked profusely, still groggy from whatever had happened. A body stood up, swaying slightly as they tried to keep their balance. Slowly, he turned his gaze over the land, seeing only a ravaged battlefield, grassy fields burning, torn flags billowing in the dead wind, and nothing but hundreds of dead soldiers scattered around him, their once proud, silver armors now shattered and bloodied.

Everything came back to him now. He was Ivan, a young man who had been separated from his only family at a tender young age, only to be revived years later as a pawn of Graf Dumas. Everything had been hazy at first, but as soon as he took up his sword and shield, mercilessly cutting down innocents, he started to remember. Rage, guilt, confusion; all these slammed into him like an enraged bull.

He needed to set himself straight. He needed to find Anastasia. He needed to make those who separated them pay for what they've done. He needed...Soul Edge, the Graf's magnificent weapon. If it were in his possession, he'd be unstoppable, and no one would ever come in between them again. With that on his mind, the young mind idly wiped his blood-stained hand on his royal tunic, bent down to pick up his stained sword and shield, and marched on in the direction of the setting sun.

anastasia2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5l6o.png

anastasia2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5l96.png

anastasia2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5lb9.png

Anastasia Rodin

The fair-haired maiden snapped from her trance with a jolt, a bead of sweat running down her forehead. It was him. She didn't know how, or why, but it was him. It had been almost seven years, seven painful years, since he threw himself in the direction of a group of malfested, and she hadn't seen him since then. She'd already willed herself to move on, that he was dead, and he'd want her to be happy now. She was now an oracle, a prophetess for her people. But today's vision was different.

There was no mistaking it. The black hair, the amber eyes, the brash personality...seven years older. It was definitely him. He was alive. He was alive, and he was out there in the world. She couldn't stop herself from keeling over in happiness, that they might be reunited once more. Immediately, she packed her bags that night, and after doing another augury to receive a clearer vision, she set out of her town, leaving her duties behind in hopes of finding her friend once more.

dante2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5m00.png

dante2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5m2y.png

dante2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q5m5b.png

Dante

He was a mercenary by all means of the word. He just wanted to live life peacefully; pay him as you wanted, and he would do as he wanted. While he wasn't at any way at all gallantly, per say, he had his ways. Cleverly operating under the guise of a puppeteer, he wormed his way into the hearts of women, only to rob them poor of their riches. He would willingly work for high amounts of money, because he was not afraid to do his work, regardless of repercussions. He was always in it for the money, his eyes set on the legendary Soul swords, hoping to make a fortune off selling them. He was an A class artisan to some, an SS class criminal to others.

But he didn't care. He received the payment he was promised, treated himself to throes of grandeur, until he was penniless once more. And so he returned to his schemes once more, for he was a scoundrel by all means of the word, and he was the best at it.

So came forth the request of a sly nobleman, a man well known for his feud with the Favreau household of southern France. His request was simple, yet so promising: kill the head of the Favreau household. That's all he needed to do. He could loot the house if he had wanted, the nobleman didn't care; he just wanted whoever it was he wanted to be dead. Now this, this was the opportunity Dante was waiting for, the moment in which his life could finally settle down and be normal.

That night, the deed was done as it was. The man lay on his covers, blood rushing out of a gaping hole in his gut, deader than dead could be. Dante became humble and simply looted him of all his monetary value, as well as an intricate pendant from the man, the silver metal inlaid with a large, pale blue stone. He reported his success to the nobleman, who added an even bigger fortune to what he had just amassed. Dante thought he was definitely ready to settle down, maybe somewhere in the countryside...

After a few more days of splurging in the city of Marseille, using his new fortune to buy everything he had so wished, he had bumped into a young woman, dressed as fine as the artisans of the city, crying to her heart's content. The mercenary's eyes flashed; he knew a money-making opportunity when he saw one. Putting on a gentlemanly façade, he questioned the fine maiden about her plunder. The woman was named Béatrice, just recently her father had been found dead. Dante clasped her hand and promised to help the distraught woman, giving a false smile of reassurance, completely unaware of what he had just gotten himself into...

beatrice2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q4zlo.png

beatrice2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q4zps.png

beatrice2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q4zs0.png

Béatrice Favreau

She was born a Favreau, and she will always be one. The house of Favreau wasn't always the most prosperous family, but like it, she stood strong along with it, despite their long-lasting feud of the neighboring Garnier. In recent years, the house had been falling apart, after the death of her mother Genevieve Favreau, and after their once-loyal consorts had turned to the Garniers and betrayed them.

Only a few of the remained with the family, and still the strong-willed daughter of the Favreau line stood beside her father, keeping by his side at all times. He was all the family she had left, and he her's. She was determined to keep the house alive, that they would get out of the rut they had let themselves fall into. Even as insults were thrown about and blame was placed on opposite sides of the feud, the heiress did not let down. Even when the rivaling family had started to rally the townspeople against them, she did not let down her walls.

Everything was lost as she rode in from town, coming upstairs to greet her father. But the mansion was quiet. Too quiet. Rushing upstairs, the heiress's heart beat like a thousand drums, pounding simultaneously in the same rhythm. She pushed aside the grand double doors of her father's bedroom and dashed to the king mattress, ripping open the crimson curtains.

Everything was lost. Now here she was, wandering the streets of Marseille, forced out of her home, her father murdered, and nothing to return to as she tried to piece together the events that had just transpired. She couldn't hold back the painful tears, and in her daze, bumped into a tall man. The man had noticed her distress and offered his help, introducing himself as Dante. Under intense pain and vulnerability, she gave her trust to the man, hoping he would help her avenge her father's unjust, unfair, untimely death.

that's about it for now, expect updates later today~

Dem 2Ps man... dem 2Ps... *__* I'm just not to sure about the non-colorable flower sticker on Beatrice's skirt though. The orange-red is a bit flashing to my eyes.
Ahh Dante. You thought you could finally settle down, but deep down, you actually WANT to stay a scoundrel ;D And his greed will cause him a lot of trouble now that he's involved with Beatrice.

I must say I really enjoyed reading all of the bios. They are very well written while kept at a simple pace. Looking forward to your next update!

Dem 2Ps man... dem 2Ps... *__* I'm just not to sure about the non-colorable flower sticker on Beatrice's skirt though. The orange-red is a bit flashing to my eyes.
Ahh Dante. You thought you could finally settle down, but deep down, you actually WANT to stay a scoundrel ;D And his greed will cause him a lot of trouble now that he's involved with Beatrice.

I must say I really enjoyed reading all of the bios. They are very well written while kept at a simple pace. Looking forward to your next update!

Haha thanks. I'll be uploading more later after I fix all the photos, since I just noticed my bandwidth has exceeded.

.______________.

another update gaize

xiaolian2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6al7.png

xiaolian2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6anf.png

Song Xiaolian

She was a humble girl who lived in the Chinese country, growing up prosperously, simply farming rice in the mountains with her quaint family. Never had she ever wanted anything else. She was completely content with what she was given, and what she didn't have. Young Xiaolian thought her life would be peaceful for as long as she lived.

She awoke with a rumble, rolling off her cot and onto the dusty floor. She let out a cough as she picked herself up and looked out the window, a faint red pillar of light peaking from above the mountains. She squinted at it, unable to look at it carefully. But just as it had appeared, it was soon gone. Disregarding the anomaly, she dusted herself off and went back to sleep.

The following weeks had become miserable for her. Both her parents had fallen deathly ill, bedridden and pale under their thin sheets. Their entire rice crop had suddenly spoiled, and they had nothing worth any coins. Young Xiaolian was distressed, trying to keep up with her parents' sudden coughing fits and heat spells. She wanted to go out and look for help, but the nearest town was a day's travel away, and she couldn't leave her beloved mother and father alone. And even if she did, she had no way to pay for any medicinal poultices that could heal them.

Against her own wishes, she ran to the town as fast as she could, wondering what she would do. As she walked the busy streets, she looked around, focusing on her parents' needs. The clinking sound of coins in a pouch caught her ear, and she turned to see a woman walking past, accidentally dropping a leather sack of coins. Her eyes darting around, Xiaolian made her way over, picking up the bag and peeking inside. There would be enough in there to last her parents a week of medicine.

So the habit began. Her back and forth trips to the town, making her way from snatching dropped valuables to outright pickpocketing, all to alleviate the incurable dilemma her parents were stuck in. But one unlucky day, as Xiaolian stuck her hand out to snatch yet another sack, a hand grasped her own tightly, and she looked up in shock. The monk shook his head and yanked her up, and the girl broke into tears, begging him to help her.

While the man did not approve of her behavior, he offered his services to her, but for a hefty price. She hastily agreed, but while he would take care of her parents in the meantime, she had no way to repay him. With the man's promise that her parents' would be alive in his hands, she left the area, in search of a way to repay her debt, as well as fix her parents once and for all...

jangbu2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6c4e.png

jangbu2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6c6w.png

jangbu2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6c95.png

Kang Jangbu

The young guardian twisted around his rod, planting his feet on a shiny, jade-colored wall and running upwards, before flipping off of it and landing into a somersault. He dusted himself off and looked over at his master, grinning and bowing. All of this was fun to him, but in the sight of others, it was grueling training for whoever would be the succeeding guardian of the village idol.

There was no other suitable candidate. The boy Jangbu was born to be the guardian. His agile reflexes, disciplined blows, and concentrated meditation made him a worthy successor. And while he was the perfect person for the job, the people of the village in which he lived in thought well of him. Even as he may a bit of a trickster, a little mischievous, he was straightforward, kind, and trustworthy. No other would be able to keep the idol safer than its been in years.

Rod in hand, he trudged around the temple, swinging the dull object overhead then stamping it down on the polished floor, sliding under it with a kick. He trained himself everyday and every night, from the first day he was entrusted to the monks of the temple, until the day before the promotion ceremony. He honed himself to properly guard over their village's beloved idol, a sign of universal prosperity and good luck.

Everyone thought he was perfect as he is, even the monks who oversaw his progress. But he knew himself to be nowhere near that. Only when he had successfully fulfilled his duty, years from now, when he was to name his own successor, only then would he be "perfect". But for now, he was good enough.

Not good enough, he thought. Not even close. He screamed at himself for letting such a crucial mistake pass him. He ran as fast as his legs willed him, trying to chase the thief who sneaked into the temple, himself obliviously practicing swings and thrusts as the thief grabbed the idol from its pedestal. The thief had tripped on their way out the door, making a squeaking noise that alerted Jangbu, and he immediately saw the round, golden idol encased in the thief's palms.

The night was too dark, and he couldn't see past where the torches of the temple gate shone. He had lost them. He had lost the idol. He had failed. He needed to get it back, but how would he with but just a vague idea of what the thief looked like? All he remembered was the lithe body dressed in a changbao, a round hat, and a pair of nunchaku in one hand, the idol in another...

jia2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6hp5.png

jia2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6hre.png

jia2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6hsy.png

Yao Jia

All her life she always wondered what it would be like to experience the outside world, somewhere in grand civilization, not the simple town in which she lived in. Her mother was the rich daughter of a trading master who used to live in Beijing, until she fell in love with a farmer who came to the city to sell his wares. They married in the city and gave birth to their first daughter, Jia, before moving with him to his home in the provinces. Her mother told her tales of the big city, as they pored over the exotic trinkets her mother collected, as gifts from Jia's traveling grandfather.

Jia knew her life didn't belong in the wet rice paddies. As she worked in the fields, her hands aching and legs burning from standing stiff in the sun all day, she pushed all those thoughts away, pondering purely of the city and the treasures it held for her, just waiting. She wanted to be like her mother, finding true love out in the world and living happily in grandeur- her own little paradise.

The farmer's daughter had made up her mind. After her eighteenth birthday, she would leave to see the world, in hopes of finding her promised land.

That day, goodbyes were exchanged, the optimistic young lady promised her parents she would be fine, and that she would write back as soon as possible. With a grin, she set off for the big city of Beijing, aiming for dreams of mystery, excitement, and true love...

yasuhiro2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6mnq.png

yasuhiro2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6mq9.png

yasuhiro2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4q6mtq.png

Yasuhiro

He walked the streets, sandals making quiet steps as he made his way past the busy people around him. His head was lowered, probably to not attract more attention than he already would be, if anyone cared. But no one did. He was all by himself, because he was alone. Alone. That's all he ever was.

He grew up under the harsh tutelage of samurai-hood, trained from the ground up since the day he was finally able to pick up a sword. He would grow up to be a warrior of the shogun, to serve him loyally and faithfully, with nothing to restrict or hinder them. Training was grueling, and any forms of disobedience were punished severely. There were times where the inner temper within Yasuhiro had lashed out, and he was beaten for his insolence. It was made clear that he was by himself, and only himself. No one would be there to keep him from crying.

It was then he found out his own mother had sold him off to the samurai many years ago because they couldn't afford to take care of him.

Now here he was, just arrived in the Chinese city of Beijing, still trying to find a purpose in life. He was now a ronin, having ran away from his samurai tutelage and now wandering the Ming Empire. What was he to do now? He was once alone, now he was truly alone, leaving behind his fellow peers to search for a real answer to his existence.

Yasuhiro rubbed his eyes and shook his head. It was late, and he needed some rest before he would head out once more. Just as he was to take another step on the concrete, a faint, panicked scream reached his ears. He raised his head, trying to drown out the crowd to hear the yell more clearly. He turned his eyes in the direction of the alleyway, where he saw what looked like a young woman getting cornered by three scoundrels. Unsteady fingers gripped his sword as he made his way over.

The young woman opened her eyes with teary amazement at the man who saved her life, standing before her, breathing calmly as he sheathed his thin blade. She could barely hear the helpless screams of the men who ambushed her as they ran farther away. She blinked for a moment before taking the hand outstretched to her. Yasuhiro gazed down at her stoically, and staggered back as the young woman embraced him. What is your name, he asked. The girl pulled away and bowed, introducing herself as Jia, and thanked him.

Jia. He would then go on to accompany her, never letting her out of his sight. She appreciated the company, and gladly took him along. He had now found what he was looking for all his life.

there you goes~

i'll be posting more updates tonight, stay tuned ;)

update again

astrid2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qapf7.png

astrid2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qaph8.png

astrid2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qapj6.png

Astrid

The outside world was a bad, bad place, she had been always told. Not that she ever wanted to go out there and experience it for herself. She was perfectly fine living in their quaint, secluded village. Time was nothing of an issue, and she could do anything she pleased, for as long as she wanted. She was perfectly happy with her family and friends in their hidden village, away from prying eyes.

Her mother disappeared only so long ago. But the pain did not fade with time. This was the first time since the first great exodus that anyone had gone missing from the village. She never came back. She and her father mourned her for as long as they lived, and to this day she kept anyone else she cared for from disappearing from her life. Especially her father, the only one she had left.

Now, she was betrothed to the love of her life, ready to let another man into her life. She thought her family would be complete again.

Her father told her he had to leave the village. This was something she could not let happen. He promised her he would come back, but she refused. Even if she was getting married, she couldn't let another one go.

Whatever he was going to do, wherever he was going to go, she was coming with him. She couldn't afford to lose him.

fenris2p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qaqgr.png

fenris2p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qaqil.png

fenris2p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qaqk2.png

Fenris

He was always the odd one out; the loser, the outcast. The unwanted. But while it chipped away at his insides, he took it all in stride. While he was clumsy, uncoordinated, frail and wiry, he always had a smile on his face. It was then that he caught the attention of one of the females in his own village. She approached her with good intentions in mind, and introduced herself as Astrid.

The pair grew up together, spending all their time together. They frolicked around the village, purely enjoying each other's company and not missing a single beat. As time passed, they would grow older, and with much more interest in each other. It was unmistakable; the pair was in love, and nothing would separate them from each other.

It then came time that Fenris took the opportunity to ask for her hand in marriage. Astrid agreed to his promise, and he only needed her father's blessing before they would marry.

For some odd reason, her father had no utter interest in him whatsoever. It almost seemed like he wanted nothing to do with him. But Fenris was willing to put any of his mistakes aside, and prove his worth to him, to his daughter.

When he had heard that Astrid and her father would be leaving the village, he foolishly followed them, wanting to prove that he could easily handle himself in the outside world. Would he be right...?

and to reward everyone's patience, here's a 3P for Natsu and behold, Ashlotte

natsu3p_by_fatal_exodus-d4qbu4h.png

natsu3p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qbu61.png

natsu3p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qbu84.png

ashlotte_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qc6xo.png

ashlotte_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qc6yy.png

ashlotte_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qc700.png

enjoy~

next update: meet Bjorn, Bertram, and Emilie

new characters update

bjorn1p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf324.png

bjorn1p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf34b.png

bjorn1p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf37a.png

Bjorn
Birthplace: A place lost to the depths of history
Birthdate: Acknowledged far beyond the human calendar
Age: He is old enough to be deeply revered by his people
Height: 6'6" (198cm)
Weight: 259lbs. (117kg)
Blood Type: Unknown
Weapon: Zweïhander sword
Weapon Name:
Fighting Style: Nightmare
Family: His tribe awaits his triumphant return; his only daughter Astrid accompanies him

bertram1p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf6o8.png

bertram1p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf6qh.png

bertram1p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf6ta.png

Bertram
Name: Bertram Diedrich
Birthplace: Prague, Holy Roman Empire
Birthdate: June 2, 1574
Height: 5'10" (178cm)
Weight: 178lbs. (81kg)
Blood Type: AB
Weapon: Zweïhander sword
Weapon Name:
Fighting Style: Siegfried
Family: He only addresses himself as Graf Dumas's loyal follower

emilie1p_1_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf8od.png

emilie1p_2_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf8qs.png

emilie1p_3_by_fatal_exodus-d4qf8sr.png

Emilie
Name: Emilie Reinhilde
Birthplace: Vienna, Holy Roman Empire
Birthdate: February 14, 1579
Height: 5'9" (175cm)
Weight: 121lbs. (55kg)
Blood Type: O
Weapon: Snake sword
Weapon Name:
Fighting Style: Ivy
Family: She has cut all familial ties; she serves under Graf Dumas

lol thank you very much for the comments, guys. It serves me well that at least a few people look forward to what I put out.

Until next time~

next update: more 2P's, backstories, and new characters

I'm quite liking the use of scale armor on Bjorn, but it's mostly his color scheme that really got me. And jeez old man, you sure have one heck of a daughter ;D *inb4 getting sliced in half*

I know it's just for the purpose of the design, but it is very ironic that Bertram, who works for Graf Dumas/Nightmare, has the Schwarzwind (Siegfried's merc group) emblem on his cape. On a more serious note, not sure if it happens with these pauldrons, but many items in SC5 obtains a fix-color iridescent quality to it when a pattern is used. In this case, it seems that the pauldrons become blue-ish. I think to visually equalize it, you can make the grey-white leg armor am ice-blue hue too.

Back