Take it off - Armor breaking moves

Ryoka

[09] Warrior
Now, I didn't see any resource of said moves, so I figure I'll start this off. When you KO your opponent with a certain move, predetermined pieces of their clothing will break depending on the costume (or in the case of customs, what parts are used and are breakable). Unlike SCIV, breaking the opponent's armor has no functional effect and is merely cosmetic. Besides possibly lowering your opponent's morale a bit, you can also respond to stupidly done CaS with exaggerated penis parts or whatever with open disapproval by shattering it to a million pieces.

To break their armor, you need to KO the opponent with a move flagged to break armor. Every character has particular moves that will do this, but the catch is that you must make the killing blow with a move that will break armor. To further complicate matters, many moves that break armor will only do so with a certain hit within the move, and you must get the killing blow with that hit which may require them to have a certain amount of life remaining. Some moves also only armor break on CH or stun combo. Also, KOing with a Wall Hit using a move that armor breaks will still cause the armor break to happen, despite not KO'ing with the move itself. Secondly, a move that armor breaks that also has fall damage as part of the move (like Ivy's whip lay moves) will also armor break if the fall damage KOs the opponent.

Untested: KO'ing with a wall hit then "overkilling" the opponent with an armor breaking move to generate a death scream with that move will break armor post-KO.

α Patroklos

Aeon

Algol
CE - second hit only, needs 2 meters

Astaroth

Cervantes
A+G - last hit only

Dampierre
CE

Devil Jin

Ezio Auditore

Hilde
6AKB - last hit only
C4A
4B
C3BA - last hit only
C4B
22_88B
66A+B
A+G - last hit only
Right side throw
Rear throw

Ivy
214A
44[A+B]
6A+B
3[K]
4B+K
3B+K - 1_2B+K don't seem to do it.
22_88BB - for some reason, just 1/5 hits will armor break but the others don't seem to
6B8 BE - last hit only
Right side throw - last hit only
A+G BE - last hit only
28284666B+G - includes iCS, last hit only

Leixia
WR B
44_11_77B
3B+KK - second hit only
4B+K
66BbB - second hit only
6BaB - second hit only
4A+BB - second hit only
44aB
44_11_77K

Maxi
CE - last hit only

Mitsurugi
CE - last hit only

Natsu
6AB - last hit only
B[K] - second hit only
41236B
A+G BE
8A+B
PO A:6 and PO A6 - second hit only
PO B
PO A+B
PO 8A+B
6B+K BBB - last hit only
BT PO 8B+G
BT 6B+K K

Nightmare

Patroklos
CE - last hit only

Pyrrha
4B
4B+K
44B
WR [A+B]
44B+K / 22_88B+K
11_77A[A] - last hit only
33_99B
44KB - last hit only
8B+K / 8[B+K]
All ATs from stabs - JF required
A+G - only vs. males (no, seriously)
66A+G
66B BE
CE - last hit only

Pyrrha Ω
11_77A[A] - second attack only
4B
44A
66B
44B
WR B
22_88B
33_99B
4B+K
8B+K / 8[B+K]
44B+K / 22_88B+K
66A+G
CE - second hit only

Raphael

Siegfried
CE

Tira
A+B or [A+B]: This move does not break the opponent's armor but deserves special mention because this will armor break herself if she suicides with it.
6A+B
UD B and similar moves
JS 44B
JS 66B BE - second hit only
GS 2A+B - CH only, apparently
GS 22_88B
GS CE - last hit only
B+G - last hit only
Rear throw - last hit only

Viola - doesn't seem to have very many moves at all to do this
VO B+G
44A+B

Voldo

Xiba

Yoshimitsu
CE - last hit only

Z.W.E.I.

Yes, I may get around to formatting with inputs in order when I'm focused enough to do it, but wanted to get all my current thoughts down first. In the meantime, contributing data (particularly for the characters I don't play) would be awesome!

Last edited:
I'll help for Alpha.

1B:B ~ 1B (it also has to be early; there's a late version that doesn't break)
44A+B
66A+B
ag:B (the non JF version will break only on CH. Both the initial hit and the ground hit break)
FC 3B BE (last hit only)
CE (there are 4 hits and I think 2 of those break but I'm not sure which)
Back throw

I think that's it (or at least those are the ones I'm aware of).

Back