Tekken 2010 Movie

Ok the Tekken movie is deliciously awful/awesome.

BUY IT! I want them to make a Soul Calibur movie.

Michael Bay > Peter Jackson? Horseshit.
Peter Jackson didn't ruin LOTR, he did the best job possible for a movie adaptation. I personally think it should be a miniseries with all the content, but who's going to marathon LOTR anyways? I can't even watch the last film in one sitting. Almost everything that could be touched upon in a cohesive story was.

RedLetterMedia won't touch LOTR because it's a great trilogy. One of the best trilogies in movie history.

Michael Bay > Peter Jackson? Horseshit.
Peter Jackson didn't ruin LOTR, he did the best job possible for a movie adaptation.

Not really. A lot of the changes made were change for the sake of change. They didn't make the story fit the film format better. (Oh yes! That hero's journey BS! That means the Ents have to be morons that need two annoying hobbits to shout at them until they finally do something!)

RedLetterMedia won't touch LOTR because it's a great trilogy. One of the best trilogies in movie history.

No.

Not really. A lot of the changes made were change for the sake of change. They didn't make the story fit the film format better. (Oh yes! That hero's journey BS! That means the Ents have to be morons that need two annoying hobbits to shout at them until they finally do something!)

If I recall, the book conveyed the Ents did take time to think. It wasn't that they were dumb, they were just slow, but very wise. They were also heroes of the fucking movie!

Yes.

If I recall, the book conveyed the Ents did take time to think. It wasn't that they were dumb, they were just slow, but very wise. They were also heroes of the fucking movie!

In the book, they took a long time to confer. Then they announced that they were going to take down Isengard.

In the movie, because they aren't considered by the screenwriter to be the hero, but the hobbits are, and screenwriting 101 states that the heroes can never be bailed out by an outside agent, the ents confer, then come back and proudly announce that they're going to do *drumroll* NOTHING. Then it falls to the two hobbits to make a speech which changes their minds instantly. (This makes all their tales of caution and careful thought a joke.) Only then do they take down Isengard. Not because they're smart and deep thinkers, but because they're the hobbit's bitches.

Also the fall of Isengard renders the tons of footage they dedicated to showing the tunnels of Isengard in the first movie totally pointless since they were never going to ever be a factor at all in the overall story.

I'll take the books. Heck, I'll take Rankin/Bass.

I sat and watched this garbage. You know, looking back when I used to review anime. "Tekken: The Motion Picture" was much better than this shit. And I called that absolute trash back then.

Why were the Gunjacks, Cobra Commander knock-offs? And Im not going to lie, there was ONE guilty pleasure I had when watching this...Every time Heihachi was on the screen I laughed and died a little inside.

Back