[Texas] The official HYPE thread

BatousaiNori

[10] Knight
So yeah, this is going to be the general TX thread. This will include:

Austin
Dallas
Pasadena/Houston
San Antonio

To start off, who is FOR SURE coming to Mashfest? This going to be an annual SA tournament. Dallas has TiT, Houston has Trashday, and we will have Mashfest. The better our tourneys, the more out of towners come, and of course when they DO come to TX, we will beat the piss out of them.

Discuss

Its looking pretty good for alot of the Houston//Pasadena players going, granted I think BezBoy was transportation so hopefully that works out right, and hey hey lets keep them juicy disputes back in our thread! We have a good run with it already ;)

Dallas will be there... Expect me and Funk, and most likely the 2 new guys LordChampion and HyperUppercut... I think Serge and Chris Gold are maybes. EP will not be able to make it unfortunately...

Let's start thinking about where we are kickin it post-tourney also.

- I.C.E.

Yeah, I guess I kinda feel like Namco doesn't really try as hard with SC as they do with Tekken. I think they took the easy way out by putting in CF's instead of revamping the soul charge system.

To continue with this debate....

They should've done both. soul chargin in sc2 was SICK...along with the cancels. but adding that to the SG system, would've made this game unique in it's own brand.

Dallas will be there... Expect me and Funk, and most likely the 2 new guys LordChampion and HyperUppercut... I think Serge and Chris Gold are maybes. EP will not be able to make it unfortunately...

Let's start thinking about where we are kickin it post-tourney also.

- I.C.E.

Agreed.

CW: I think the CF system needs to be nerfed to where you shouldn't even be able to push someone in the red until the 3rd-4th round if they're blocking everything. Just my opinion though.

I refuse to post in this thread
Thank you for posting in this thread!

Brandon: Yes, Maria will be there after the tournament. She won't come during cause she'll be bored out of her mind. And like I said, when you play more, CFs don't happen as often as you think. It's more of a user problem than a game problem:)

Well if Steph comes she'll be bored unless Maria's there. Maybe they can go play with Barbies and braid each other's hair while we play.

It doesn't matter how often it happens to me. You shouldn't be punished for blocking. If anything, make moves take away a sliver of life when blocked to punish turtling but the CF system is lame. It's like a cheap MK fatality system.

Besides, it's not even the CF that are the problem. It's what the game becomes when your bar is flashing red. You either have to mash or eat stupid moves cause you can't block. Basically it becomes "who can hit who as many times with the fast move." It takes away all thought and strategy in the end. But whatever, its just my opinion.

Besides, it's not even the CF that are the problem. It's what the game becomes when your bar is flashing red. You either have to mash or eat stupid moves cause you can't block. Basically it becomes "who can hit who as many times with the fast move." It takes away all thought and strategy in the end. But whatever, its just my opinion.
Again, you're confusing casuals w/top level play. I guarantee you at tournaments, it's not a mash contest for the CF. If Amy starts whoring out 6BBB, duck and get your free WS move. There have been at least a 100 rounds where I was blinking red, or had the guy blinking red, and nothing happened. I still say it's better than the super safe turtle fest in SC2. You SHOULD be punished for sitting there and blocking all day. And believe it or not, it DOES make your defense better in the end. Again, I rarely get CFed. Agustin doesn't either, and I didn't see Jim/Ice/EP get CFed a lot at Nats. I still feel it's just about exposure to the game more.

Brandon: about the comment about hitting the red by the 3rd or 4th round. I'll have to agree with nori (which rarely happens..lol) that it's your lack of exposure to the game itself.

Besides, most of the heavy hitters to the SG bar are verticals. so if anything it's the PLAYER'S fault for either 1.) not stepping or 2.) not GI'ing.

Once you get used to that simple fact, then your defense will strengthen, also the SG game itself will deepen.

And again, (agreeing with nori here) is DOES make your defense better. Nori can vouch for that because i apply (can't say too much for agustin) a CF game into my strats. But it isn't dependent on CF, otherwise, i'd be a total scrub. I can honestly say that nori ate CF's left and right. And after of doing it so often, i (as well as a few others..i'm assuming) have shown him how to deal with it and to deliver back against it. (however, some characters can do that easier than others...)

We've (agustin and myself) have pointed out that you can really tell which players apply the CF into their game and which ones don't....

trust me...i don't have to explain that *smiles*

Once again, agree to disagree. I just don't like the system. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to play Tekken and I HATE Tekken.

You're saying that now because you don't know how to apply that to your game (again, some characters can do that better than others)

but once you do, it'll add depth to your game. Tell me, what has tekken done to add DEPTH to their game?

You're saying that now because you don't know how to apply that to your game (again, some characters can do that better than others)

but once you do, it'll add depth to your game. Tell me, what has tekken done to add DEPTH to their game?
Now you're doing what brandon is doing, comparing apples and oranges

-Tekken came out with the wall game before SC
-Tekken now has the bounce system it burned from VF. Adds more to strategy/combos
-Tekken does not have ROs
-Tekken, as far back as Tag, you can see the arms. So guys like Eddy Pistons, THB have a huge advantage because they are impossible to throw
-Tekken now has floors that can be broken
-Soul Calibur has Soul Crush (Critical Finish)
-Tekken 6 BR made the FASTEST move 10 frames. In other words, true panic buttons like 8frame moves are gone.

So yeah...

noted: will stop comparing tekken.

Anywho, brandon, people didn't like the system. before it was patched (trust me, you would've puked at the game had the SG system not be patched.). But once people saw the depth to the game their opinions may/may not change. I think it's a great system to impliment, it may change for SC5 (assuming that comes out). but until then, you might was well start dealing with it and learning to to apply/defend against it.

noted: will stop comparing tekken.

Anywho, brandon, people didn't like the system. before it was patched (trust me, you would've puked at the game had the SG system not be patched.). But once people saw the depth to the game their opinions may/may not change. I think it's a great system to impliment, it may change for SC5 (assuming that comes out). but until then, you might was well start dealing with it and learning to to apply/defend against it.

Wow...you know what I just realized?

Jim is still playing the unpatched version of the game on his PS3...no wonder I hate it...

You and Nori are probably right. =)

Back