the 3AB move

tresto

[09] Warrior
Hi,

I have noticed that even though 3AB is pretty slow (i29), it often connects.
What is the high level Cervantes experience on this topic ?

Its a hella good mixup option if you dont use it to much. A lot of high level players will fall for this attack.

Animation is kind of tricky, but a player with good reaction time (ie not me lol) will get used to it pretty quickly. Don't neglect it, but use it carefully.

Even players w/the best reaction time get hit by it. I saw Hates/Egg/Kura hitting people left and right w/this move. I don't use it a lot, but it does work at high level for a fact.

i can honestly say i use it in combos mostly but outside of that i dont use it cause if they block it depending on who there using you in deep shit it normally means a free 3B launcher

It's definitely a move that will land, provided you don't telegraph it too much. Also, I tend to use/land it more from the 1P side using the 1P costume, because Cervantes' coat actually disguises the startup of the animation.

Balabook : indeed -18 blocked usually means 1/4 of your lifebar is out. For example my main character Amy can do 3BA,33B for 57dmg.
Hates : I never thought of Cervantes' coat hiding his moves, thanks for the info. I'll definitely be looking out for 3AB opportunities on 1P side

hmm, 3AB I dont think you can land that a lot unless you mix it up. There is that move that animation looks exactly like 3AB and it RO's to the side. but I think its fuzzy guardable but Im not sure, thats somewhat hard.

At least thats how it looks from my perspective.

im actually starting to use it as a ring out move 3A:B 3B after that FC GB just to scare them so they relise i can ring them out low and mid but after the first time i dont use it much just cause i know it's kinda a online tactic

I've been training to block & punish 3AB. I'm getting the hand of it and can block it close to 100% when focused.

Oh and BTW, frame data says it's -18

Amy's 6:6B (i16) connects easily, but I didn't manage to punish with 3BA (i18) even once !
If it landed sometimes I'd be like 'oh ok I must train more', but damn, it never connected !

Is it really -18 ?

Back