The AMAZING SC4 Online General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it if i think my opponent will keep blocking after a 2a. Its not a lag tactic because it hitting you depends more on how hesitant you are then the fact that its online. It works offline because i know where to place it. It works online because i know where to place it.

If you always do a fast move after a blocked 2a because you expect the "false frame trap" i can use that knowledge to my advantage.

In any case im down to play anyone.

No lag tacticts = no slow lows / unblockables
Or we can fight all out and use everything in the game and in our environment to our advantage.
Your logic is flawed. I just explained to you I would get CH'd for trying to interrupt your 2A/2K frame traps. You say you are relying on the opponent to be hesitant... well, yes, I was hesitant, I kept getting CH'd when I shouldn't have. On almost every attempt to stop your lag abuse. That is why it's lagg. Just because your reasoning is different behind your lag abuse, doesn't make it not laggy. It just makes people not like/want to play you.

and no, Chaos
No Lag tactics = No slow/react-able lows. No react-able unblockables. Avoiding massive disrespect to frames (i.e. 90% of the time using 2A or 2K as a frame trap.)

Yes, like I stated before, it can work offline- but this is online, and if you want people to follow the moral code, then you should do the same and take your suggestion, yourself.

Either way, I don't care how you play. I beat you with your lag abuse. I'm trying to help you out. Before you make yourself look more of a hypocrite. :/

lol, Chaos, I saw a pic of Algol posing at your little 10-1. If you're gonna use Algol, AND use bubbles, AND be playing online, I don't know who would wanna play you.
Don't worry, it's not THAT frustrating
2012-01-20085419.jpg

Reactions: LP
It finally happened last night. After playing this game since day 1, I finally came to an appifiany. I dont want to play this game anymore.

HOWEVER: I will be online this weekend, fuck moral codes, fuck it all. The 1A's, 3A+K's. RC KK:K's are gonna come flying out. I grow tired of coming up on every fuckin Ivy whip stance spammer online, but always take my high horse ways and refuse to stoop to thier level.

Well you know what....fuck it. Im going out of SC4 like a fuckin dickhead!!

*Step right up, get your ass beatings here**popcorn, cracker jacks*

HRD

Here it is my little scrublets. To top off the Soul Lagibur IV experience, I'll be designating awards to the deserving "of" individuals. Here it is.

NOTE:
This is purely my thoughts and opinions. Your's may differ, but who cares about you. Love it or love it.

AWARDBANNER.png

(Most Recognizable) Best Lag Players
;
1 - Chaos1X
2 - Corrondo/NAMU-GETREADY
3 - Shinjiurahara

(Most Recognizable) Worst Lag Players;
1 - MrTheGamer
2 - CrazyFireFly
3 - KJack

Most Improved Online Players
1 - RidleyOMEGA
2 - Tyfu123
3 - Ledd-Zeppland/Narutori

Players With Greatest Potential (players who I'd like to see compete (more) offline)
1 - Deathinmyeyes
2 - Dani_Hungerford
3 - N3verending

Most Underrated Online Players
1 - Dani_Hungerford
2 - RidleyOmega
3 - GameGirl360

Most Overrated Online Players
1 - Kenhowe
2 - Versailles
3 - Shinjiurahara

Best PSN Trolls
- Destinizish
- BelovedChild
- Sol-Badguts ;)

Best Wannabe PSN Trolls
- MrTheGamer
- Tanhausser
- Bowldon

Best Offline Players, Online
- Woahhzz
- loloroco
- Enkindu
Best Anti-Lag Advocate (Most insightful and helpful players towards transitioning from online to offline)
- Lobo
- KrayzieCD
- SlayerX64
Best Overall FAILS (Pertaining to/from online(ers))
- One name; JORN
- Teflon2105 VS Xephukai (FSAK)
- Corrondo/NAMU-GETREADY VS Enkindu (CEO)

See you guys in Soul Lagibur V. ;)

GameGirl is a very good player with a lot of potential I expect goodness out of her if she decides to come offline.
Dani is good he just has a low tolerance for losing but is open to good advice which makes him teachable but he gives up so easily.
Kenhowe shouldn't even be there he almost never plays online anymore. All Umvc3.
I think corrondo might have something to say about chaos1x lol psn's top laggers should battle it out in a laggy ft10 I'll record it!

The game online in general has been a lot of fun but it won't compare to scV I expect a lot more of EVERYTHING in ScV online lol.

It finally happened last night. After playing this game since day 1, I finally came to an appifiany. I dont want to play this game anymore.

HOWEVER: I will be online this weekend, fuck moral codes, fuck it all. The 1A's, 3A+K's. RC KK:K's are gonna come flying out. I grow tired of coming up on every fuckin Ivy whip stance spammer online, but always take my high horse ways and refuse to stoop to thier level.

Well you know what....fuck it. Im going out of SC4 like a fuckin dickhead!!

*Step right up, get your ass beatings here**popcorn, cracker jacks*

HRD

What was the point of the "moral codes" or "high horse" in the first place? You're not going to teach the online players as a whole anything, unless you beat them. But, beat them really well. Eventually, they'll realize what they're doing is shitty, and does not work. If you refuse to play a certain way and use certain moves, because you want to maintain your own personal "moral code", which only you, will be the judge of, then you'll keep dealing with online trash...should you decide to play online. I don't think kicking, avoiding, or banning does the trick. I think beating them until they go home crying and turn off their ps3 does it...because then, they'll realize, "Either I need to play even cheaper, and use even better lag mixups...or, I need to actually improve my game play". Either way? A change is made.

What was the point of the "moral codes" or "high horse" in the first place? You're not going to teach the online players as a whole anything, unless you beat them. But, beat them really well. Eventually, they'll realize what they're doing is shitty, and does not work. If you refuse to play a certain way and use certain moves, because you want to maintain your own personal "moral code", which only you, will be the judge of, then you'll keep dealing with online trash...should you decide to play online. I don't think kicking, avoiding, or banning does the trick. I think beating them until they go home crying and turn off their ps3 does it...because then, they'll realize, "Either I need to play even cheaper, and use even better lag mixups...or, I need to actually improve my game play". Either way? A change is made.
Following the "moral code" was never a tool to help your opponents who don't believe and/or are ignorant of the fact that lag is a huge variable. The "moral code" is meant for you and other players who intend to compete offline or already do so. If I were to maintain an ignorant state of mind (such as 3years ago, when I joined) I would've never competed or, if I did, I wouldn't have been as good as I am now. Following the "moral code" has helped my transitioning go a lot more smoothly than I expected. It's also helped me filter out a large group of players who feel the same way about lag- which helps me know who is worth playing. Fact remains, those who do use the "moral code" are ten folds more skilled than someone who simply relies on lag tactics for a victory. It's actually quite obvious, even with lag in your environment of play.

I believe that you might have mis-construed HRD's post. His intentions were never to "show the light" to the online-strict player. Of course, as for the "high horse" part, that's overrated. However, if he were to imply that with his post, I agree with you. Trying to convince an online-strict player to stop using "lag tactics" is like pulling a nail out with a spork.

Ok that's fucked up why am I even on this list as one of the worst Lag Players when I don't even use lag and I have improved a lot since the last time I played you. I'm not the best player of Soul Calibur 4 but I'm far from the worst. Ask anyone that has ever played me. I know far worse than me.

Following the "moral code" was never a tool to help your opponents who don't believe and/or are ignorant of the fact that lag is a huge variable. The "moral code" is meant for you and other players who intend to compete offline or already do so. If I were to maintain an ignorant state of mind (such as 3years ago, when I joined) I would've never competed or, if I did, I wouldn't have been as good as I am now. Following the "moral code" has helped my transitioning go a lot more smoothly than I expected. It's also helped me filter out a large group of players who feel the same way about lag- which helps me know who is worth playing. Fact remains, those who do use the "moral code" are ten folds more skilled than someone who simply relies on lag tactics for a victory. It's actually quite obvious, even with lag in your environment of play.

I believe that you might have mis-construed HRD's post. His intentions were never to "show the light" to the online-strict player. Of course, as for the "high horse" part, that's overrated. However, if he were to imply that with his post, I agree with you. Trying to convince an online-strict player to stop using "lag tactics" is like pulling a nail out with a spork.

I definitely agree with you 100 times over, that following a certain code online DOES actual improve your game. Even avoiding certain moves offline, improves your game. It FORCES you to be more creative, more tactical, and use more mind games and mixups.

Ill be playing online for the next several hours as a "last hoorahh!!" for sc4. Someone come play with me.

PSN HotRodDave619

Ok that's fucked up why am I even on this list as one of the worst Lag Players when I don't even use lag and I have improved a lot since the last time I played you. I'm not the best player of Soul Calibur 4 but I'm far from the worst. Ask anyone that has ever played me. I know far worse than me.

Don't concern yourself so much with what people say/think about you online, you get trolled too easily. That list is pretty silly anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back