The Apprentice Video Discussion

The quality is fine to me. Great display of combos there. It's much different to read about them and then actually see them performed. Haha.

I've been slightly lurking on this forum and viewing your videos to help better my own Apprentice. I appreciate your time in making these videos. They really help. :)

Haha, Berserker's first post! We'll see how I fare against the apprentice when I face Kosh tonight. Who knows if I can handle flying lightsabers with my low-level katana!

(btw I think the video quality itself is fine... dunno what your worry is Kosh)

When I posted it, it apparently didn't immediately make the high quality version available. I'm glad it appeared later!

hey guys im new here in the forums, i made this video i really don't know how to post a video here, so ill just post the link, please watch, rate it and post comments
=)

EDIT: automatic video post :D awesome

About your video strikergeorge - It's not a combo you're doing. It's a tech trap that could actually do a lot more damage... but after FC 8K:A nothing is guaranteed.

Kush Your matches were really good, I too am new here but they only things I saw that you could have done in those matches that could add more damage was, when you missed the attacks and followed up with force jump, when they were still on the ground you could have Star lighting them. Cause all but one person didn't side step after your jump.

Just a thought.

Kush Your matches were really good, I too am new here but they only things I saw that you could have done in those matches that could add more damage was, when you missed the attacks and followed up with force jump, when they were still on the ground you could have Star lighting them. Cause all but one person didn't side step after your jump.

Just a thought.

I'm not exactly sure waht you're talking about. I think you're talking about when I do 3B8 -> LV , even if 3B whiffs or is blocked?

You have to buffer in the 8 of the 3B before it lands, so you have to decide before you even do the move if you're going to Jump or not. And when you do 3B, if you don't jump and it whiffs or is blocked, you're going to eat at least 50 damage. There's enough disadvantage that the opponent gets a free throw or launcher.

I'm not exactly sure waht you're talking about. I think you're talking about when I do 3B8 -> LV , even if 3B whiffs or is blocked?

You have to buffer in the 8 of the 3B before it lands, so you have to decide before you even do the move if you're going to Jump or not. And when you do 3B, if you don't jump and it whiffs or is blocked, you're going to eat at least 50 damage. There's enough disadvantage that the opponent gets a free throw or launcher.

Ya Im not to sure about all the move lingo yet, with the numbers and letters but what Im saying is. When you try to knock them up and you miss or they guard and you are in the air, use your force lighting attack at them its unblockable so they get hit and that may save you from a counter when landing.
its just a suggestion.

Ya Im not to sure about all the move lingo yet, with the numbers and letters but what Im saying is. When you try to knock them up and you miss or they guard and you are in the air, use your force lighting attack at them its unblockable so they get hit and that may save you from a counter when landing.
its just a suggestion.

The air force lightning is not unblockable. It's also force-intensive and only does about 40 damage. But it's something to consider... just not something I'd use like ever.

ah ok I figured it was unblockable, ya just started with him on monday, and almost have a 10 hit combo down with him, I have a 9 down just need to get my timing down for that last hit.

This is going to sound tacky, but let the dark side flow through you.

Now let me explain that catch phrase:
Be VERY aggressive. It doesn't matter if you're against Taki, Setsuka, Amy, Sophitia or Astaroth. You have to get close, you have to keep up pressure, and you have to use force pull at least 50 times a match.

Play the game on your terms. Don't let them try and space you, bring them closer. Don't let them think that standing and blocking will stop all your attacks. Mix it up and keep up the pressure.

Besides that... nice videos!

Here are some casuals between myself and a pretty good Darth Vader player who I met at a recent local tournament.

I was trying to go for a CF in some of matches I had so that's why you don't see me throwing too much. Normally throws are a big part of my game with Apprentice.

Back