The Arcade Stick and Convertor Thread & List

Hi gang, this is an important thread. Imma keep this first post updated with a list of sticks, stick makers, stick reviews, controller convertors, mods, etc...anything related to a device to play SC4 with on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation3. I ask this thread be stickied so when traffic does pick up, it doesn't get buried under other posts.

Custom Arcade Stick Makers/Modders

Local Builders
Jaxel
Godspu

Others

Manufactured Arcade Sticks
-Hori SC4 Arcade Sticks(PS3 or Xbox 360 editions)

Controller Convertors

Controllers

Reviews

Hori Fighting Stick 3 (PS3)
Picked it up at the local gamestop for $30, and it's very nice starter stick. The button layout for square, X, circle triangle is ashame, but if you have small hands you can play the awkward layout just fine. The size makes the stick worth it, and you don't feel crushed under it's weight like other sticks. A definite buy if you want to get into arcade sticks, but don't want to spend so much on thirty year old technology.

I have both the PS3 and 360 versions of the SCIV Hori Fighting sticks and they are both excellent. I really like the weight and size on those sticks. The button layout on the 360 version is superior to that of the PS3's but if you change the controller presets to 'B' you can use L2, and R2 for G and K and it is as comfortable as the 360 layout.

I have the ps3 sc4 hori stick and I like it so far. However, I notice the buttons are starting to stick already. Is there an easy way to clean my buttons?

Well, after reading this I've decided to stop off at a local store and pick one up. Has anyone opened one of these up yet? After looking at the pictures, I'm struck with the urge to rearrange the buttons.

If you got a HFS3/SC4 HFS3 then its a pain to rearrange as they buttons are all soldered into the PCB. If you still want to do it, I found this on SRK a while ago and was going to do it to mine till I found one of those white HRAP3s for a great price. Also reading through what they went through to mod their HFS3s sounded like too much of a pain in the ass.

Did you spill soda on them or something?

No, have tried to keep them fairly clean. Its really odd because I had gamecube sc2 hori's that worked fine for years before the buttons started sticking. Anyway, is there an easy way to clean the buttons so that they don't stick as much?

I have the Hori SCIV Stick for 360
No complaints so far. It's light and durable with a nice button layout. I especially like the stick, its very fast and smooth.

I have the Hori ex2 i think (its the same stick as Hori SC4 stick but without any decorative pics on it) for the 360 ... are there any converters out so I can just plug this bad boy into a ps3? I really don't want to have to buy/build another stick for a system that I'm never gonna get.

I have an old x-arcade with ps2 attachments though. I just hate using that giant bulky thing, even after I modded the hell out of it.

I'm using a T5 stick and Pelican adapted. I'm thinking about buying a stick made for the PS3, or maybe finding a modder to change the buttons on my T5.

I have the Hori ex2 i think (its the same stick as Hori SC4 stick but without any decorative pics on it) for the 360 ... are there any converters out so I can just plug this bad boy into a ps3? I really don't want to have to buy/build another stick for a system that I'm never gonna get.

I have an old x-arcade with ps2 attachments though. I just hate using that giant bulky thing, even after I modded the hell out of it.

I would like to know this as well... seems like they would make a converter where it could be used on PS3 since that is the tournament standard so far....

Back