The Chess match. Zwei vs Zwei MU

Egg

[10] Knight
I have never seen a thread in here about the mirror match with zwei. Imo it is one of the strangest and most random matchs there is.

So I pose this question to everyone. What are your thoughts and counters for this MU?

I'd have to say that this matchup is a 5-5 in ZWEI's favor.

The best advice I can give on this rough matchup is to push more buttons.

Or play a better character.

MFW you think this isn't a 5-5 MU

YJskkPv.jpg

It's a 5-5 MU.

Since both players know the other person's likely strategies and tricks, but have different variations of how to do them i reckon it's a bait game. 1B hold at far distance helps zoning and can be taunt canceled to keep the other dude guessing. At slightly closer range you can set up something to allow the opponent to duck ein but punish with A+B when they think they have a punish on you. Can B+K BE cancel the taunt but still get Ein?

Auto GI can be really useful against delayed ein attacks, or the 4A 214B unblockable set up.

A+B the cracks in the opponents vortex.

If you anticipate 66A+B, 6A will leave them open to 1B(Hold) combo, CE or 1K BE at close range. Make sure to mix with 3A in case opponent tries 33B BE.

If the opponent knows zwei, act like you're setting up 214B UB setup but release ein immediately after (or before, use your judgment) zwei gets into stance. Good damage off ein and the GB attack.

If the opponent has a pattern to their 1B(hold), fuck them up with 33B BE under ein's swipe if possible.

That's all i can think of, and most of it is theoretical.

Prizes for @Slade and @ThatDarnNinja for stating the obvious: Fuck all.

Since both players know the other person's likely strategies and tricks, but have different variations of how to do them i reckon it's a bait game. 1B hold at far distance helps zoning and can be taunt canceled to keep the other dude guessing. At slightly closer range you can set up something to allow the opponent to duck ein but punish with A+B when they think they have a punish on you. Can B+K BE cancel the taunt but still get Ein?

Auto GI can be really useful against delayed ein attacks, or the 4A 214B unblockable set up.

A+B the cracks in the opponents vortex.

If you anticipate 66A+B, 6A will leave them open to 1B(Hold) combo, CE or 1K BE at close range. Make sure to mix with 3A in case opponent tries 33B BE.

If the opponent knows zwei, act like you're setting up 214B UB setup but release ein immediately after (or before, use your judgment) zwei gets into stance. Good damage off ein and the GB attack.

If the opponent has a pattern to their 1B(hold), fuck them up with 33B BE under ein's swipe if possible.

That's all i can think of, and most of it is theoretical.

Prizes for @Slade and @ThatDarnNinja for stating the obvious: Fuck all.
Taunt cancelling probably isn't a good option.. A quick A+B will stop that.

Where's my prize?
Lost somewhere with your maturity and original ideas.
Taunt cancelling probably isn't a good option.. A quick A+B will stop that.
I certainly wouldn't do it from mid range or closer, but from, say, asta range taunt cancelling then cancelling the taunt should be effective bait for 66B, which i recommend using 88A to dodge and punish. If they use something other than 66B you should be able to at least block but likely duck. If they go for 66A+B your A+B will be a nice way to keep them back.

Also a good counter to 1B(H) is wrB but, as usual, timing is everything. And not just yours, every possible strategy one zwei can use on the other can probably be ruined simply by changed charge timing or one mistaken button press.

I recommend ignoring 66B+K for most of this match, it's too predictable.

The craziest thing about this match up is just how much of the stage is a danger zone, from the shortest range to absolute max, there is very little distance that one could declare themselves 'safe' at. I'm just wondering if it's worth playing a reach game in any circumstances. I suppose you could be hugely defensive with 4A(H) or 1B(H) at a far distance to discourage a rush, taunt cancel when you release (or simply early release) then when they come in for the kill use sidestep attacks and throw them, vortex, UB, whatever. If you can't trust ein to come out in this case play a safe A+B.

Please keep posts on topic and constructive or they will be removed, thank you.

In a ZWEI mirror there is a alot of moves which ZWEI struggles to punish like A+B and 6A especially at range. These are 2 moves what can be used a lot more safely.

I own da zwei chess match 8) I have a job now guys lol hopefully in the not to distant future I get to play the only zwei competition they seem to be in the US offline one day

Back