Votes: 1 7.1%
  • a:g:B

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • BT B+K:B

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seven ate you

[08] Mercenary
It is common knowledge that alpha Patroklos has lots of just frames.

This whole thread is based around what is the point of learning each just frame so people know what just frame they should focus on learning/mastering and to hopefully help new players decide what "hard" just frame to learn

Now that we got past the reason I made this thread I should note I might miss a few things as I am not perfect so I want whoever is willing to help post what I hopefully won't miss and I should note I'm not adding every little strategy that a move has

Now let's get into the moves themselves

:2::1::4::3::a-small:::B: Alpha's signature punisher and counter attack, it has amazing range for a counter attack, also it's heavily needed for combo damage and grab combo, also one of his easier to learn just frames (not counting his double JFT combo)

:2::1::4::3::B:::B: and :2::1::4::3::B:::b-small::A:+:B:+:K: Alpha's signature combo move, JG punishable if you do the string, this move is mainly for making combos do more damage, also the brave edge version of the combo is the easiest but does the least of damage between the two and obviously requires meter, if you don't have meter and you still want a easy to do stun combo with it then try :2::1::4::3::B:::B: < RoH :B: < BT :2::K: also one of his easier to learn just frames

:1::B:::B: Alpha's signature heavy punish, can be used in some complex Tech Traps, can be used with grab as a mix-up, just guard punishable if your opponent can react fast enough to JG it

:1::A:::A:::A: Alpha's signature low, 2B+K can be used with this for mix-ups, has comboing potential with BT :B:+:K:::B: which we will touch later

:B:+:K::6::2::B::4::4::B:+:K: and :B:+:K::6::2::1::1::A:+:B: A decent damage dealer with his
:A:+:B: version having wall combo and ring out potential

:a-small:::g-small:::B: Tech duck, good tech trap mix-up if you use the brave edge version, amazing damage

BT :B:+:K:::B: It's a back turned moved with good pressure against noobs who can't counter it with good damage, that is all that is good from this move that is good

That is it, hope this helps.

Last edited:
ideally you want to be focusing on hitting all the JF's, the important ones being JFT, 1:A :A :A, 1B:B and FC 3B:B BE.
JFT also functions as his best meterless punish at i11-i12...I don't think double JFT's in combos are necessary, but I could be wrong.
1A: A: A is a pretty quick low and is a natural combo netting 46 dmg, but it's horrible on GRD

B+K:62B:11A+B also has reverse RO potential

BT B+K:B if for whatever reason your opponent doesn't step/GI /JG the second hit and decides to stand there and block, then you get a free CE

JFT also functions as his best meterless punish at i11-i12...I don't think double JFT's in combos are necessary, but I could be wrong.
JFT is i12 at its fastest when input by human players. The move itself is actually i11, but the game won't register an input faster than 1 frame. When the AI does it, it's i11. Cervantes's iGDR and Natsu's 2bA are similar (i16 and i7 respectively, but the fastest they can be done with a controller are i17 and i8).

Since for most intents and purposes the human-input information is all that matters, I'm going to change the wiki entries to put that information more prominently to avoid causing further confusion.

On second thought, doing so makes it inconsistent with the most common definition of the measure of impact, which is the number of frames starting from the first frame of the move up to and including the first frame of impact. I changed the wording a bit to hopefully make it clearer.

Last edited:
JFT is i12 at its fastest when input by human players. The move itself is actually i11, but the game won't register an input faster than 1 frame. When the AI does it, it's i11. Cervantes's iGDR and Natsu's 2bA are similar (i16 and i7 respectively, but the fastest they can be done with a controller are i17 and i8).

Since for most intents and purposes the human-input information is all that matters, I'm going to change the wiki entries to put that information more prominently to avoid causing further confusion.

On second thought, doing so makes it inconsistent with the most common definition of the measure of impact, which is the number of frames starting from the first frame of the move up to and including the first frame of impact. I changed the wording a bit to hopefully make it clearer.

I see thanks for clearing that up slade ^^

before editing i think you wrote that you didn't know how to make the small :b-small: symbols, just wanted to help with that.

Can delete my posts in order to not derail thread if you want.

Back