The transforming d-pad or the Razer onza controller?

Do NOT get the Razer Onza! I decided to get one right when they came out(after I burned through my 4th Madcatz controller) and it was a huge disappointment. The D-pad is actually worse than the 360 controller(if that's even possible) and the super sensitive buttons aren't as nice as you might think. I actually took apart my Onza and filed down the D-pad buttons to make them more responsive, but even that didn't help. I know it looks sexy and sounds good in theory, but the d-pad is "mushy" and it isn't responsive at all. You'd be throwing money away...

If you're set on using the D-pad(which I'm assuming you are), than I'd suggest trying to find a legit 360 adapter for a PS controller, or one of the 360 controllers with the D-pads that can be swapped out. Anything with separate directional inputs should be good. And if nothing else, the Madcatz controller's D-pad isn't too bad either(but they're not very durable).

The Onza's a great controller for games that don't need a D-pad. It's superior to the regular controller in just about every measure. That being said, I would never use it for any type of fighting game.

The Onza's a great controller for games that don't need a D-pad. It's superior to the regular controller in just about every measure. That being said, I would never use it for any type of fighting game.
Well, I disagree about it being "superior" for other types of games, but that's purely a matter of personal preference. I personally couldn't stand using it for CoD, Halo, or Ninja Gaiden. I think the original 360 controller is basically perfect for anything that doesn't require the D-pad. The Onza does have some nice design features though... the braided cable, the adjustable resistance joysticks are nice, the rubberized finish feels amazing, and the programmable bumpers are a nice touch(though I've never found a need for them).

At least we agree that the D-pad does not work well for precise inputs in fighting games. That's something that I think just about anyone could agree on. Haha

I wouldn't play a shooter on 360 without one - I feel the regular 360 analogs are too floaty and have a huge dead zone, and the Onza solves that problem pretty well. Agree about the bumpers, I just map them to a 2nd RB/LB usually.

the best way is moding the d-pad of the xbox360 controller...i did it, and i get 95% of the inputs correctly

Back