The Trumpets of the Apocalypse - From Mother Nature Herself

D.I.N.O

[11] Champion

Call me Crazy, but I think Mother Nature is ready to Blow off some Steam.......

2012...?! Coincidence?! OR some Super Advanced Science before our time....

Discuss...

It's a youtube video, therefor there's no way of knowing if it's legit or not. This video is obviously faked, anyone with some skill can create those sounds from a computer program or something like that

Personally, I think the whole Mayan calender thing is 100% BULLSHIT. You know how many times people have "predicted" the end of the world, and it never happened? Too many to count. Nostradamus was a quack, so were the Mayans.

2012 is just another elaborate hoax just like the rest of them. Are we to trust that a primitive civilization, that regularly practiced human sacrifices, somehow knew with 100% certainty our destiny? I think not. Time to put your skeptical glasses on. Just because the Mayan's knew a thing or two about star movements, doesn't mean they know SHIT about when the end of the world is. Nobody can predict that. In all probability, the world will never "end".

If you believe this, you might as well believe in ghosts, vampires, demons, and any other supernatural nonsense that plagues society.

I guess all the 911 calls in around Clintonville were people pushing the hoax. Research always has to be done. There's alot more there. No one said world will end, but definetly some change. Of some sort. ITs already happening.

Change?? Seems to me like the world now is the same corrupt place it always has been. Same shit, different time. Same bullshit, same lies, same corrupt politicians. History repeats itself.

The only "change" I see, is technological change. People are basically still primitive IMO. If you were asking me, I would say that we're still living in the dark ages.

As for "proof" of the supernatural, you see, I've heard countless people make huge claims without sufficient evidence. Let me put it to you this way, no supernatural claim would hold up in a court room. I have stupid friends who have said to me, "but dude, I've seen ghosts, I know they're real!". I usually end up telling them that they're paranoid, and have an over-active imagination.

Because at the end of the day, even if 1000 people claim they saw something that can't be explained, if I don't see it in front of my own eyes, I doubt it. I have NEVER seen anything in my entire life that can't be logically and scientifically explained. What other people think they saw, is a different matter.

Just remember this: Just because millions of people believe something, doesn't make it necessarily true. Scientology is a perfect example of mass insanity. Body thetons that give us bad thoughts and emotions? Give me a fucking break! Or how about the thousands of people in "Jonestown" who all collectively drank cyanide and committed suicide because their preacher told them to?

I've heard the other type of "prediction", the one that says something to the effect that humanity will go through a massive paradigm shift in 2012. Basically, they claim that people will "wake up" and see the world for what it really is. This last one is nothing but a pipe dream fantasy, because even I think that sounds damn appealing. As much as I want people to "wake up" so to speak, I know that humanity will always be dominated by those who are blissfully ignorant and fearful of the unknown.

I'm not trying to insult you, and if I came across as a jerk I'm sorry. In case you haven't noticed, I'm a huge Nietzsche fan (avatar). I pretty much think that every wonderful word he ever spoke was golden truth (except his opinion of women). That means I'm an atheist. You could even say that I'm a "fundamentalist atheist" if that makes any sense.

I guess all the 911 calls in around Clintonville were people pushing the hoax. Research always has to be done. There's alot more there. No one said world will end, but definetly some change. Of some sort. ITs already happening.

To be fair, you linked a video which is quite obviously a hoax.

That sound that plays throughout most the clips? I can find it for you in Apple's Logic Pro Suite. It's just dubbed over the video, lol.

And one of them, is actually from the war of the worlds trailer. Like, wtf.

Also - Clintonville =/= same thing. I know people there and have talked to them. The shakes and booms heard there were coming from the ground, not the sky. And TBH it could be a ton of things.

Oversimplifying the Mayans as " a primitive civilization who regularly practiced human sacrifices" is abhorrently ignorant. They were an extraordinarily advanced empire with Medicine, Mathematics, Art, Architecture, Astronomy and Linguistics way beyond their time. Granted that doesn't really give any more merit to the 2012 "end of the world" theory bringing them down with half-assed arguments adds even less to yours. Just for your information the Mayans didn't really predict anything about 2012 with certainty, there is no record that they thought the world would actually come to an end at that date.

"In all probability the world will never end"
You claim to follow logical and scientific reasoning yet you pull out a sentence like that. Have you ever read an intro to cosmology or astronomy book? Its an inevitability that our world will "end". I am referring to our planet of course. Now if you were implying the Universe, that is a completely different conversation; though the most accepted scientific consensus is that the Universe with eventually contract upon itself, ultimately reaching "singularity" again.

"I have never seen anything in my life that cant be logically or scientifically explained"
You sound just like the common folk during medieval times who thought the world was flat and the universe revolved around it just because their limited senses told them so.
If there is one thing I have learned in my years of studying engineering and physics is how much I truly do not know anything. The more you learn the more you develop an eerie grasp of the scope of knowledge that actually is out there. My point is that there is so much around us that is still a mystery that again you are being a fool by making that assumption.

An incredible example of such is Quantum Physics. It is still largely a mystery why and how quantum particles act the way they do. What makes it even harder to grasp and quantify is that the very act of observing these particles influences their behavior. In a quantum scale, matter can go from one place to another instantly, completely disregarding intermediate space (For all we know these particles movement is completely random), information can travel faster than the speed of light, and particles act both like individual particles and waves. It seems that the physical laws that we take as unbreakable in a macro scale do not apply anymore and are merely a series of probabilistic events. Virtually anything is possible.

So ya what Im really getting at is that whats truly wise is not to make conclusions. We really dont know anything. Attempting to be extremely logical without sufficient basis, in truth only takes you away from whats possible and into the realm of whats probable or expected. ^_^

EDIT: ON TOPIC:
On December 21st 2012 during the winter solstice Earth will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in over 26000 years. Does it give the theory any more credibility? Absolutely not. Is it interesting? Quite so.

Yes, I'm well aware of quantum physics. You seem to be forgetting the fact that just because sub-atomic particles act in ways that defy out current definition of "logic" doesn't mean they don't act in logical ways. What I'm saying is that we humans know very little about matter as of right now, which means that just because we don't understand it logically, doesn't mean there isn't some underlying logical reason that we don't understand yet.

More often than not, a new discovery can flip our "logic" on it's head temporarily, until we learn more about it, and then a new "logic" or "logos" is discovered to explain that which could not be explained before.

The human "spirit" was long thought to be a divine gift of god. It had an air of mystery around it, because no one could explain sentient intelligence logically, at least not yet. Science has dispelled the myth of "spirit" many decades ago. We no longer think of it as "mysterious" or as "defying logic", because we now know that it's simply your brain's electrical impulses bouncing from neuron to neuron. If you take a piece of someone's brain away, you take away a part of who they are.

This is just an example to explain my point. Today's science was yesterday's mysteries, and today's mysteries are tomorrow's science. Just because physicists today don't fully comprehend the uncertainty principle (which is what you talked about with particles sometimes acting like either waves or particles), doesn't mean they won't someday. In the future, it probably won't be called "uncertainty principle" because some genius will figure out exactly how to predict sub-atomic particle behavior. In all likelihood, there are unseen factors that we don't have a clue about yet when it comes to quantum physics.

I follow David Hume's philosophy here. He believed that everything can be predicted with 100% certainty, even the so called "free will" of man. I mean after all, we are simply a body of matter, and matter is limited by the laws of physics.

Right now, quantum physics is still in it's infancy as a science. 20 years from now, don't be surprised if everything you think you know today will be obsolete.

And yes, "in all probability, the world will never end" is erroneous. I suppose if you take everything to it's logical extreme, you'll find some error in it. What this sentence was meant to say, was that in all probability human beings will never survive on this planet long enough to see that happen. Yes of course all things eventually perish, that's the circle of existence. You have to also understand that the point of this statement was to argue against doomsayers, and I believe that you took it out of context. I don't blame you though, I could have worded it better.

The inception of quantum physics is dated to the year 1900, about the same time as the vacuum cleaner and the air conditioner. Before we had radio broadcasting. So its hardly a science in its infancy. One cant assume that advancements in subatomic particle physics will grow at the same rate as general technology, simply because its not in series or dependent on anything else that has been proved and tested before, unlike almost every other aspect of science.

It is furthermore not measurable by definition. As one of the main concepts of Quantum physics states, "It is physically impossible to know both the position and the momentum of a particle at the same time. The more precisely one is known the less precise the measure of the other is". The science is not logical or quantifiable by our physical measurable standards. And like I stated before the mere fact of observing the particle forever changes its behavior.

To put it in contrast, there are several theories of multiple dimensions (Some say up to 10 dimensions) existing in our universe and subsequently all around us. Because we live in a plane of existence where only 3 are relevant it is not physically possible to experiment, prove, or systematize anything beyond it. Just like it is not possible to do the same regarding multiple universe theories or faster than light speed travel. One can theorize but that is the extent.

A science that's only a little over a 100 years old, is still in it's infancy. Just take a look at how much a joke psychology is, and realize that it's around 200 years old.

Like I said before, what appears to be mysterious today will have a logical explanation tomorrow.

Consider that many great scientific breakthroughs are the results of accidents and you'll see how little science has accomplished, in the grand scheme of things.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away Le Bello awoke to a glorious shining sun! We're talking hot pants weather. By nightfall it was snowing. Sign of the apocalypse? Hardly. Most like a minor change in Earth's orbit.

As for the video, Le Bello has heard of this from multiple sources, though the cause could be a million and one things; often, truth is stranger than fiction. Who knows, with all your black magic and astrology? Pah!

Regarding the Mayan Calender, Le Bello believes it ends in 2012 because that's when they stopped counting. It's ludicrous to imagine the calender would've gone on forever, no? Le Bello posits then, that the Mayans got bored, stopped counting, and went to do something else. Then died.

It's called the Le Bello Theory.

I'm glad Senzait and others can come and show DamnYouSuck a little proper information.

Science has dispelled the Human Spirit?1 Really?! When did this happen?! If Sentience is just a bunch of electrical impulses we should have created a Brain a long time ago. But thats not what we're arguing here.

I seen the video, there will always be hoaxes, you can easily tell which one are hoaxes. Even if 99% are hoaxes, there is still that 1% that demand explanation. This is so easily explainable, yet no one has come up with a legit explanation. Earthquakes?! We've had eons of Earthquakes, we've never heard these sounds before. I guess everyone everywhere is part of the hoax.

But dude seriously, have you seen the Pyramids? All across the world? Do you think it was built so easily? Wut about the "Milk Miracle" in India. Dude I can go one, but the fact is the SUPERNATURAL EXISTS....

But anyways thats not what this is about. I'm of the Camp that this is a EM Phenomenon. However its clearly something that doesn't normally happen. If it did, we'd have heard and understood it as long as Earthquakes have been happening.

Its okay to be a Skeptic. Everyone requires proof. But History is an example of how thing with Obvious explanations, aren't qute so obvious (Earth Flat, Centre of Universe, Quantam Mechanics, etc).

As for the brain, again you really don't know what you're talking about. We WISH the Brain was just electrical impulses. Seriously by now if that were the case the'red be sentient creations walking around everywhere. But there isn't. Because we really don't understand the brain. Let alone our Universe.

I would hope you continue to do your Research. Its easy to say things are a hoax etc, but not after you take a hard look at what going on.

The Truth is Out There.

We're one and the Same.

Alls I'm saying is Do Your Research. There is endless Evidence out there that We Know Little about our Planet, our History, ourselves. These recent event lead me to believe something is changing. Right now.

If you look at changing weather patterns (ALOT of places Got alot of snow, that never ever get snow....while Toronto had maybe FIVE TOTAL Days of Snow. Unheard of if you ever lived here) you'll understand that something is going on.

But no one is forcing you to believe anything. You can go about your day without any of this bothering you....

yeah, something IS going on. It's called natural climate change, which has happened several times in earth's history. Just look at the Ice age. Nothing mysterious going on here folks.

@dino.

The only reason artificial intelligence hasn't been invented yet is because of a lack of technology. Your really using that as your argument? get real

There is no such thing as "supernatural". The people who believe in it are weak minded, crazy, and primitive.

Weak Minded. Crazy. Primitive. hahahahahahhaahahhahaha.....instead of making you feel dumb with specific examples like I've done, and you're unable to refute, I'm just going to laugh about how CLOSE MINDED you are....and laugh some more....

Lack of technology is why there's no AI? So you're saying we can make self aware computers. That is what you're saying.

Climate Change. Ice Age. Yes I agree. What about total Crustal Displacement?! Have you heard of that?! There is a reason these ancient civilizations are no longer around, and there is a reason they leave many clues about Natural Earth Disasters, and how to see the warnings...

So do you know how they uilt the Pyramids yet?! How they lined it up with specific stars. How they lined it up with the Longitudal and Latitudal Lines, BEFORE we were supposed to know about a spherical planet?

Im sure you know how the Dogon Tribe were well aware of the Sirius star being a Binary star system, something not visible to the naked eye. We all Know African Tribes are well versed in Astronomy and Physics. I guess Out-of-Body XPs are all false, and those who have had one are Primitive Crazy WeakMinded people.

Damn I Love owning you...

How Little You know Bro. How Little You Know.

You contradict yourself D-I-S. You scope the possible uncovering of the mysteries of today (And the last century) to 20 years from now yet you say 100 years only creates a science in its infancy. Technological advancement is exponential and as such so is data and knowledge acquisition. New forms and derivations of science have been created and largely explained in the last century(look at Nuclear physics, do you think its still in its infancy? what about biochemistry? its less than 200 years old).

But like I said before this doesn't apply to the study of sub-atomic particles. I already explained why in my previous posts and dont really feel like repeating myself. If you really are willing to try and understand Ill do my best (With my limited knowledge) to break down quantum field theory, metric tensors and many-body systems for ya. Though im thinking your too stubborn to hear it.

Psychology is not an exact science and absolutely not relevant or comparable in this case, so I dont even know why you mentioned it.
And Dino completely has a point about us not knowing exactly the in's and out's of the human brain. Its capabilities and the purposes/repercussions of each bio-electrical signal and neuron activation are still not (and probably never will be) fully decoded.

To quote Matt Wilson (Neuroscientist at MIT):
"We’re never going to be able to fully describe or understand how an individual thinks, or what an individual’s memories might be and how those memories contribute to what those individuals are.
So individual human brains are entirely unique, and entirely inscrutable, and we’re never going to understand that.
The human brain itself, I would dare say, is infinitely complex. The more we look, the structure and more complexity we see in the details, and every human brain is unique"

"There is no such thing as supernatural, the people who believed in it are week minded, crazy and primitive"
Making a claim like that further supports my conclusion that you are just as simple minded as religious fanatics. Not everything is logical. The fact that logic can change (and does) proves that logic itself is in fact not logical.

Back