The Weight Loss Thread

An update for all of you:

My current weight now is 180 pounds (183.4). Only about 23 pounds more to go before I have reached my goal weight. I also work at a restaurant as a dish washer, so it's like sitting in a steam room all evening. It has really helped shed some of that extra fat off too. I've kept my eating to a regular level, drinking lots of water and I have also taken a liking to walk around the city.

My near future goal is to be under 180 and maintain being under 180 before Christmas. I'll be doing my best. :D

You can eat anything you want, just don't exceed your calorie limit and you will lose weight.

1) Find your maintenance calories and then cut by 300-500. this will make you lose approximately 1lbs per week.

2) If you exercise you can eat at maintenance because the calories you burn during the exercise will put your body into caloric deficit.

The latter option is obviously better due to health benefits.

You can also combine the two above for even bigger weight loss but if you eat too less, and exercise too much you will lose muscle mass,

ugh, but i hate calorie counting.
I was think of switching to fruits, veggies, and lean proteins instead of what I eat now on a daily basis.
I am in the the gym everyday for at least 2-3 hours Lifting + Cardio...
Yes, I said everyday. I've been going for about a month and a half now and i'm only down about 10 pounds give/take.

T_T

So, what do you eat on daily basis?

If you work out that much and you lose only 10 lbs then you must be eating a lot, too.

When I am losing weight, my diet consists mostly of chicken, white cottage cheese, milk, tuna, vegetables and some fruits.

I was think of switching to fruits, veggies, and lean proteins instead of what I eat now on a daily basis.
Yes, I said everyday. I've been going for about a month and a half now and i'm only down about 10 pounds give/take.

T_T
Hmmm...

Limit your gym session to 3-4 times a week. ALWAYS do compound exercises (mostly bodyweight and/or weighted pull up, bench press, squat, and deadlift). Do HIIT for cardio. It shouldn't take you long in the gym - 45mins to 1hr.

Do carb cycling - minimise your carbs and maximise fats on days you don't work out, and vice versa on days you do.

And if you want to, have a cheat day.

So, what do you eat on daily basis?

If you work out that much and you lose only 10 lbs then you must be eating a lot, too.

When I am losing weight, my diet consists mostly of chicken, white cottage cheese, milk, tuna, vegetables and some fruits.

well I eat kinda late too... sometimes around 10-11 pm then sleep 1-2 hours later.
I guess I'll have to increase my fruits and veggies intake...

Try intermittent fasting too, if it helps.

16hr fast window (sleep included), 8-hour eating window is the most common version ATM.

T_T

What is your excercises composed of, intervals of break inbetween, and which routines you start off first?

Also what's your main form of food intake? Because increasing in veggies and fruits might actually hurt you depending on what you were eating prior.

You can eat anything you want, just don't exceed your calorie limit and you will lose weight.

1) Find your maintenance calories and then cut by 300-500. this will make you lose approximately 1lbs per week.

2) If you exercise you can eat at maintenance because the calories you burn during the exercise will put your body into caloric deficit.

The latter option is obviously better due to health benefits.

You can also combine the two above for even bigger weight loss but if you eat too less, and exercise too much you will lose muscle mass,

Everything Ring said here is legit, Panda. I'll help you with no. 1 though. Use this website (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm). There are three methods out there, or formulas (really complicated ones) to know how much your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is. The ones online calculate it for you. You can also just go on google and type "BMR Calculator".

I think the Mifflin-St. Jeor is the best as opposed to the Harris-Benedict formula. But essentially your BMR is how many calories your body burns. For Mifflin-St. Jeor use (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator).​

You also burn cals when the body digests so that's your BMR x 10% to get those calories.​

So for me, according to the Harris-Benedict, at 195 lbs my BMR is approx. 1960.85 my total calories needed to maintain my weight is 2,353 a day. If I count my cals and only eat 1,800 a day that's 553 cals burned. Multiply 553 by 7 days = 3,871 cals, which equals 1 pound. (1 pound is 3,500 calories.) And that's with no exercise. If you include exercise, which you should since it helps your metabolism, you'll feel better and lose weight faster.​

It's about more calories out than in. Eating healthy is good too, better quality of vitamins and health but, yeah, you still have to count it.​

It's more about a lifestyle change. You spread your meals through out the day and there's less craving; plus, it helps with digestion and slightly stimulates your metabolism if you do that. Oh... And don't worry about napping after eating either. You won't burn less calories or gain weight doing that. That is a myth from "bro-science" as long as you don't over eat.​

I've been doing this. It's slow but, meh... Better in the long run. You could always do the P90X and build muscle and all that. I think it's better, but personally I'm too lazy. Good luck, Panda.​

What is your excercises composed of, intervals of break inbetween, and which routines you start off first?

Also what's your main form of food intake? Because increasing in veggies and fruits might actually hurt you depending on what you were eating prior.

Well basically I work 2 muscle groups per day (biceps/shoulders, chest/triceps... etc.) and 4 exercises for each muscle 3 sets 8-12 reps each. After, I run 4.5 miles at a local park. And sometimes I just finish my Cardio at the gym (20mins elliptical, 20mins cycling)

My main form of food intake at the moment is Subway. Footlongs of Tuna Melt, Chicken Bacon Ranch, MeatBall Marinara, Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, Turkey Bacon Guac... etc.

10lbs in a month in a half isn't bad, especially since you are building muscle in the process. Really if you just keep going it sounds like you will be well off.

Subway just rolled out with $5 footlong Chicken Marinara for the month of November !!
and also worth mentioning are the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, and Big Ass Philly Cheesteak Sand...

GET YOUR GRUBBY PAWS ON THEM TODAY !!

Back