The Yoshi matchup thread.

CrazyYoshimitsu

[10] Knight
Well the game is still new. I want to know to all of the yoshi palyers out there. What characters you do well agaisnt and what characters just seem to kick your ass like crazy.

Anyway here the characters that just piss me off to the second power.

Ash: good range, good ring outs, and air throws hurt.

Taki: And I mean a good Taki is annoying to all hell to fight for me. All of the jump and rolling around.

mistu: His mix up is annoying to all hell. And good ones just space like crazy with him. Making it hit to start a huge rush down with Yoshi.

Yun: this is kind of Sad. But I have found some good yun's, and man it hit to land hit on him with his crane stance. He might be a D or C tier(can't remember), but he got better in this one.

Raphel: I mean a good one. Seriously, if someone know how to use him it hard trying to defend agaisnt him and his attacks. The man move liek lighting and teleport very fast. And the good ones, I'd fought have great mix up wit hhis BB and AA attacks.

Now for the characters I don't have problems with at all or not very often.

Amy: I was susprise to my Yoshi doing the best out of all of my chaarcters use. Even my best character Algol couldn't handle Amy's insane mix u pand muit ring outs.

Ivy: The range had me going at first, but I got around it, and now it a a cake walk for me.

Setsuka: It's start off with people whoring lows and struns with Setsuka. But after that annoying attack, she wasn't that hard for me to beatdown into the ground. My lows and satnces help a lot when fighting her.

Shopie: I bet you didn't see that one coming did you? Well, it took a lot of getting rape by her to figrue her out, and know what moves were unsafe and safe with her. I play the miss and hit to take her out now when knowing a good shopie love to run your ass down and make it almost impossbile to comeback.

Cassie: I foguht a litte bit of her, and I have to say she isn't that hard to beat with yoshi and my other characters. A few problems that need to be stated tho. Her low throw isn't a friendly move to get grab into by :(. The good ones I fought play some mix ups, and I found myself finding for that a few times. And she got me wit hsome of her combos. She has soem nices ones to. So, miss Cassie is a worth foe for Crazy yoshimsitsu.

I'll update later when I fight more of the characters, bye guys.

P.S. Sorry, if I spell some words wrong. It's late in the morning people.

Yun: this is kind of Sad. But I have found some good yun's, and man it hit to land hit on him with his crane stance. He might be a D or C tier(can't remember), but he got better in this one.

Lies and slander. Yun is fundamentally worse in this game and once you get past the smoke and mirrors (which should clear once you past the character select screen) you really shouldn't have too much of a problem. Hell, atleast Yoshi actually has shit once you get past his gimmicks XD

Yoshi should be able to shutdown CRN pretty effectively, especially if Yun does a move that transitions into the stance on block. On hit the mixup is still technically in your favor because the only moves you need to worry about are CRN B or K if he is CH fishing. If he's trying to go for general mixups, ducking or a fast TC horizontal mid (will test in a minute for Yoshi) destroys most of his CRN game outside of CRN A+B or K (for the former since they're mid, but they are slow enough to handle). I'm not sure if CRN K:G gives enough advantage for a frame trap, will test as well.

The only time you should be wary of Crane is if he pulls it out mid range, but in general whats written above still applies. And if he ever cancels CRN (which he shouldn't because this isn't SC3) just go ahead and make a sandwich, come back and punish him however you like.

The auto evade from CRN only affects true verticals, so kicks and non weapon attacks (like Vader's 6B_1B, etc) will hit him. 3B should also ignore the AE (will test).

Getting around CRN in general is pretty textbook, nothing compared to what Yoshi does in terms of stance mixups. Which is a good thing because outside of Yun's CH 1A, CRN is pretty much how he can get the damage. Shut that down and he has to work so much harder for the round.

Another problem is the fact that Yun works at his best at mid range, so once you get in (which is what Yoshi should be doing) it becomes harder for the Yun player to regain momentum. At close range 5KK could be a problem. Yun will try to 44B, especially at mid range. Fortunately it is very linear compared to the phantom tracking it had in 3, and he can't cancel it any more so no more baiting can be done on his part. It still retreats very well though, so if you do get hit you can shake out of the stun.

Yun can also contain step pretty well. You'll eat 66A if you are too step happy which can lead to an RO if you are not careful. CH 1A will also net him around 60 pts of damage plus oki. If he is at mid range in CRN he may go for CRN A if he catches you stepping, it is high and doesn't give frame advantage on block (IIRC) so punish him at leisure.

Random Notes: If you block 33, 3B and or throw. He may try to CRN B+K or another CRN move to get away, but not far enough to be punished severely. Regular 33B is also very unsafe, both versions only track to one side (his right IIRC). 236KK is mid,high. If he hits you with 2BK while you are ducking, you can still duck the second hit (it is a NC on standing opponents though).

Overall vague, I know. I'll get into move specifics once I test everything. Thank god I dropped Yun for Yoshi this time (and I wish I made this decision back in the SC2 days too).

No complaints for now everyone seems pretty easy.... cept believe it or not TALIM haha this bitch is just crazy ?? and she makes me wiff alot.... it reallllly MAKES me ANGRY :( Soph too just every now and then... its like she can throw out some of the longest dumbest looking moves and still be safe and well that always suprises me but I'm learning how to punish her with FC 3K mix ups and now pretty much everyone is getting whooped ;) ha not to brag or anything just proud My man Yosh is finally comin around

Here's my short list.

Cervantes - Easy easy easy. If he messes up once and you can land either 4K or 66B, the round is over.

Mitsurugi - If you can avoid being knocked down, it's not too hard. Yoshimitsu doesn't have advantage even after block on a lot of Mitsu's moves, so it's tough going. You need him to make a mistake.

Ivy - The hard part is knowing Ivy's moves itself. After that, you just need to wait for a mistake.

Zasalamel - Hard for me. Blocking usually puts you out of range for either 3A or 6K, and being dragged in makes you really want to use 3A, but Zas has a faster move than that, even with the (dis)advantage.

Soph - Not too bad. Once you block the mix-up, counter with 3A or even 4K B. If they really mess up, 66B.

Amy - Again, not bad if you know what move to use. She keeps advantage on like, 90% of her moves, but one good step or one blocked highlow mix and you're back on top.

Astaroth - If they get to far range, it's going to suck getting back in. Once you're in, though, you only need to worry about one move that you can block high. You can't counter it with any attacks after block (that I've seen) if they block, so use a throw. Very easy to connect hits on.

Kilik - Easy as hell. You can block and punish with 4K all day long.

That's about all I can think of right now.

ive only played against so many good characters....but heres what i have

asta- since i used to main him in sc2 and 3, hes pretty predictable. the slowed down 6K makes it that much easier to tear him up on the inside.being patient half the time helps. wiff=66A+B+mixups
rapheal- maybe its cause i havent gotten great with yoshi yet, but this guy kills me(when played well). when i use lizzy on him its not nearly as bad. still gotta think of a solid strategy =P
yun- seems like yoshi beats him from every distance. endofstory
nightmare- so far so good. for some reason his 2A+G_B+G always gets me.(yes i know yoshi is good at dodging it). besides that, nightmares mix ups have minimal threat, using speedy m,ixups can take him down almost too easy.

I have trouble against fast close up characters (e.g. Taki). Characters like Asta and Nighty never give me any trouble if I can get in close quickly.

Have some trouble with Raph too.

Oh great this guy. What are you doing here?

Enjoying the show

popcorn.gif

Enjoying the show

popcorn.gif

Just wanted to let you know I hate you. Well, anyway "friend" when I see your "awesome" Hlide. I'll make sure my Yoshi, Talim, Algol, and even Tira beat the living hell out of you. If you wanna show you will get one. When? Very soon my friend very soon. And wow, I was trying to sound like a badass lol. But I really don't like you milla.

LoL What are you talking about ? I saw the flaws of it from the first hour I played.... Its still pretty fun once you get used to it... and makes your reactions actually a little faster once you get offline... Leveling up is fun.... once you get high up you really dont run into scrubs much and you get some pretty awesome games going that other wise you would have never had because i live in BFE Tennessee lol

When I get better.... How would you have any clue what my skill level is.....

By you advocating that online is the shit and you block lows reactivley online you give away where your skill level is at. If you live in Tennessee and you've got no one to play against offline and online is your only way of playing, sure have fun, but it doesn't make online good. How did you become good btw if you've got noone to play against until now that online is available, how did you become that slice of awesomeness you claim to be?

Do I claim to be good, no, I don't, but I also don't like seeing other nameless people claim to be good either.

By you advocating that online is the shit and you block lows reactivley online you give away where your skill level is at. If you live in Tennessee and you've got no one to play against offline and online is your only way of playing, sure have fun, but it doesn't make online good. How did you become good btw if you've got noone to play against until now that online is available, how did you become that slice of awesomeness you claim to be?

Do I claim to be good, no, I don't, but I also don't like seeing other nameless people claim to be good either.

Ok ;) Your only looking at where i live , i stated i have no one to play against... but I lived in japan for 4 years... from SC2 to SC3 so I'm pretty sure I've played with TONS of people that were High Calibur players... matter of fact i used to play with Dekka Cho and Kageh almost every weekend in shinjuku.... and I am a slice of awesomeness, I do react to lows online... you dont... i'm sorry your not good enough to... OOFMATIC also reacts to lows as does the rest of his room when I play with him... And online is good... You just have to stop bitching about it and see.... maybe its cause you live in sweden and dont get the competition i do here from cali, canada, atl, and new york but hey you know all about me just by looking where i live....

I'm not nameless... If I could only show you the people i've played, places i've been and things i've done! but i cant so hey believe me or not i dont care, I'm still one of the best yoshimitsu's in SC4.... anyone who wants to beg to differ add me up and learn me something...

Back