tigears' trash heap of scvi creations

tigears

[05] Battler
Oh wow, so this is a thing that's happening huh?
So, an admission: I've been lurking on this forum for literally years; I discovered Soul Calibur when V came out and somehow found my way here but had been too shy to interact with anyone :')
Now that I've decided to show face, I hope I can get along with everyone and share all the hours I've sunk on dressing up pixels ^-^;

The first things I made are kinda simple and I'm not sure how I feel about them, but I'll share them anyway and see what people think

I made this girl named Teresa as my first foray into SCVI's creation system, with no real forethought going into it
The concept is that she's a former maid who's now scraping by as an assassin- for some reason she won't ditch her old uniform, even though it's become impossible to get the blood stains out of the apron
0K3zWw2.jpg
PogLX1L.jpg
OQ4Gazg.jpg
qU2tLV2.jpg
KDaE1rQ.jpg

This next one is my take on a scottish-inspired outfit for Sophitia
Vh2vTS2.jpg
InrC3mr.jpg
TBJL7w9.jpg
6g4wskz.jpg
vDw1IGS.jpg

I would love to see if anyone else has tried at a similar kind of scottish outfit? Ive seen a couple of great men in kilts floating around here, but not so much for the ladies

Not bad and the satchel build is interesting. Try to avoid object clipping if you can, like with the chef tie. Fresh use of different than usual stickers for stains and tears, clever...i saw you carpet bombed me with likes on my thread, might work with others but i'd rather have one single comment over a 1000 (in your case 20!) likes :) Be yourself, you got potential i can tell from those first two...

Not bad and the satchel build is interesting. Try to avoid object clipping if you can, like with the chef tie. Fresh use of different than usual stickers for stains and tears, clever...i saw you carpet bombed me with likes on my thread, might work with others but i'd rather have one single comment over a 1000 (in your case 20!) likes :) Be yourself, you got potential i can tell from those first two...

Thank you very much! My apologies for the many likes- I hadn't checked your thread in quite some time and was just reading through it :) But in the future I'll be sure to comment if I have anything worth saying

Thank you very much! My apologies for the many likes- I hadn't checked your thread in quite some time and was just reading through it :) But in the future I'll be sure to comment if I have anything worth saying
It's okay really, as long as you enjoy yourself :)

Good to see you come out of your shell- well done for just going for it! These are some nice characters and a good start.

There is something unsettling about Teresa. A face that looks that sweet in clothes that bloody is the hallmark of a psycho. This may not have been your intention, but it's my interpretation....like you said, for "some reason" she just kept her maid uniform and wears it while assassinating. That's a fairly unusual thing to do on multiple levels and is a really interesting character choice. Interesting choices make for interesting characters that people can get their teeth into. Keep that up.

Scottish Sophitia is very cool. Nice sporran aswell. It's a tricky thing to make, given the parts. I'm sure there are a few female Scottish characters knocking about. I have one I've not posted yet but she's more pagan than tartan.

Keep at it!

Good to see you come out of your shell- well done for just going for it! These are some nice characters and a good start.

There is something unsettling about Teresa. A face that looks that sweet in clothes that bloody is the hallmark of a psycho. This may not have been your intention, but it's my interpretation....like you said, for "some reason" she just kept her maid uniform and wears it while assassinating. That's a fairly unusual thing to do on multiple levels and is a really interesting character choice. Interesting choices make for interesting characters that people can get their teeth into. Keep that up.

Scottish Sophitia is very cool. Nice sporran aswell. It's a tricky thing to make, given the parts. I'm sure there are a few female Scottish characters knocking about. I have one I've not posted yet but she's more pagan than tartan.

Keep at it!
Thank you very much! I appreciate your insightful commentary, it really makes me excited to do more ^-^
And yeah, I think Teresa is probably a lil off her rocker lol- my image of her is someone who's rather cheery and comedic but with sinister feelings lying inside... if i were to give her more of a backstory, I would say she didn't leave her former employer on the best of terms...
In my regular work as an artist I like to push that line between cute and creepy, so I'm very happy to hear that it shines through even here

And yes, dear lord I was so set on making that sporran (kudos to you for knowing that word by the way, I didn't know what it was called) part of the outfit, but I'm not totally happy with it afterall. oh wellll
I can't wait to see your take on it too, the pagan inspiration has me intrigued~

Welcome and bravo for deciding to join in, from what I see here you have layed the foundations for a great start! :D I have no special comments or suggestions to make as my colleagues above have done so, other than I'm quite impressed by Scottish Sophie. Very nice edit of her, you nailed that Highlands aesthetic!
Again, welcome aboard the forums, hope you enjoy your stay here :D

Another simple lady character for you all to criticize~

Her name is Emory, which was randomly chosen, and I just wanted to make an acrobat character with an all white color scheme
I've come up with a little bit of background for her but it's nothing special: She's the ghost of a recently deceased circus performer who specialized in the cyr wheel and hoop tricks (hence Tira for the weapon choice). After her death she lost much of her memory, left with only an intense dissatisfaction, a vague recollection of sour business gone unfinished- now she endlessly retraces the places she tread while alive, trying to reclaim her memory and uncover the story of her unfortunate past. As it was in life, she is mute, and cannot communicate with neither the living nor the dead.

4rOyKV2.jpg

ydOeEH2.jpg
3fry3sX.jpg
FnUARhx.jpg
ykSYcXY.jpg
fCZiMA3.jpg
KVbK7Sp.jpg

Well, you know, sometimes simplicity is a blessing, and in that case, your Xiang is georgous, very chinese, good choice of make-up, hat and colors, and of course the sticker wristbands + leggings / socks is a nice touch. Think about what you could do with special Eq though to make her truly original, think of something chinese. Not using ExEq is a choice, but since you have a good basis for an excellent CAS, why not scratch your head a bit and come up with something to spice her up and make her stand out from the crowd of asian themed CAS.

Well, you know, sometimes simplicity is a blessing, and in that case, your Xiang is georgous, very chinese, good choice of make-up, hat and colors, and of course the sticker wristbands + leggings / socks is a nice touch. Think about what you could do with special Eq though to make her truly original, think of something chinese. Not using ExEq is a choice, but since you have a good basis for an excellent CAS, why not scratch your head a bit and come up with something to spice her up and make her stand out from the crowd of asian themed CAS.
Thank you for your words of advice! I did use ExEq in this one though, are they so understated that they go unnoticed? lol but yeah, I think I will take you up on your suggestion and see if there's not something more interesting that I can do with this one
I find that, in SC6, I'm finding alot of creative possibilities with stickers, but struggling a bit more with ExEq...

Ok, now i see, the horns as an extension of the shoes.
I understand your comment, the choice of ExEq is really limited, but the trick is sometimes to combine two, combine ExEq with masks/helmets etc. through clever positioning / sizing and colors/patterns to create new ExEq and effects artificially. Easier said than done, i know :)

Ok, now i see, the horns as an extension of the shoes.
I understand your comment, the choice of ExEq is really limited, but the trick is sometimes to combine two, combine ExEq with masks/helmets etc. through clever positioning / sizing and colors/patterns to create new ExEq and effects artificially. Easier said than done, i know :)
you missed one more ExEq, should we make it a game of spotting it? lol

Interesting concept with your dancer, I like it a lot! The ways you can express ghostly characters are pretty broad, so experiment with things like stickers on the body to see if you can find interesting effects. You've got a nice thing going with the colour choice and simple leotard so keep that up. It also seems you're trying to play against the prettiness of her outfit with a scray looking face, which is a strong choice and again, one you can expand on throughout the rest of the design i.e. creepify her exposed skin but keep the oufit pristine. To maybe help with this, consider how she could have died and if this is something you could incorporate into the design. It needn't be graphic or anything - but having this information in the back of your mind might help you with your choices. There's a lot of potential there and again, a strong theme.

Xianghua's pretty. I don't have as much to say about this one, I'm afraid! I will say that the gradient pattern is a very useful one and it's used nicely here. I will also add that, regarding ex eqs, the hips don't lie ;)

I really like the shoes on your Xianghua, especially the use of stickers on the legs.

Also liked the Scottish Sophitia a lot, good use of patterns and objects.

Simple yet elegant. 'Tis all I have to say about Emory and Xianghua, especially for the latter :) You never cease to amaze, keep it up! :D

I'm back in school now so I don't have as much time to do new stuff (kinda waiting for dlc anyways) but here's another one that I did awhile back and just haven't posted yet

I named her Tiriel and she's a mad witch character, but I don't have any fancy backstory for her, she is what she is

Ge7tSPE.jpg

HUgYU4o.jpg
lOIsnq4.jpg
CgkO8rz.jpg
cny6ioO.jpg
V4yRkDN.jpg

hello again! I'm back with a couple alternate costumes and a recreation of sorts, as always please leave feedback if you feel so inclined! :-)
First up I have an alternate costume for Tira

0lxMBqR.jpg

yomRaFm.jpg
xqZKKfm.jpg
es6mAJ1.jpg
Lopn2Jl.jpg
YQjZdV9.jpg
T8JMOrG.jpg

Seong Mi-na
81qRFu4.jpg

Ud1WJMF.jpg
42HIXQJ.jpg
xBggxWr.jpg
w8MSUUg.jpg
bskgy9f.jpg
BZkNP5K.jpg
7RjumFn.jpg

And lastly, my favorite of these, Cassandra based on the concept art below:
6n4KZin.png
Z3GiGab.jpg

gHkshXn.jpg
JdViEKf.jpg
t2QXVZa.jpg
PK3QDXZ.jpg
xzYHjkD.jpg
jmCgyMj.jpg

Hello there :)! You have most impressive collection of creations my friend ;)! Tiriel is so delightfull sight to watch. Her variable and bright colour theme works and fits her theme of being insane witch and her hair choice is spot on. Azwels style fits well with her witch concept and the last screenshot of her with a purple axe looks awesome, as the shimmer purple colour of the axe fit her own colouring so well.

Tiras alternative costume looks fabulous. It fits her character, style and personality very well. The colours are in steady harmony and complement one another, not to mention that the choice of gear has many details which also work well together. The choice of weapon and its colouring is also spot on.

Seong Mina looks very nice in that outfit. At first I was puzzled By the horns, but they in fact work rather well with the rest of the gear. The way you utilized the other set of horns on her chest to bring some detailing to the otherwise plain chain suite is also fitting and the armor as a whole looks solid. Nice work ;)!

And last but not least,the created Cassandra in a concept based armor and gear. I haven´t seen the concept picture myself till now, but you managed to execute her rather well, particulary considering the colour theme. I like how you coloured some of her skin as well to make it look like part of the Condemned underwear and make it look very similiar to concept arts gear. While colours are rather bright, they are still convenient to watch, not too bright and support Cassandras overall personality of "not-so-serious".

Overall, really nice work with all of them. Keep up the good work ;)! I will be eagerly watching you work :).

Last edited:
Hello there :)! You have most impressive collection of creations my friend ;)! Tiriel is so delightfull sight to watch. Her variable and bright colour theme works and fits her theme of being insane witch and her hair choice is spot on. Azwels style fits well with her witch concept and the last screenshot of her with a purple axe looks awesome, as the shimmer purple colour of the axe fit her own colouring so well.

Tiras alternative costume looks fabulous. It fits her character, style and personality very well. The colours are in steady harmony and complement one another, not to mention that the choice of gear has many details which also work well together. The choice of weapon and its colouring is also spot on.

Seong Mina looks very nice in that outfit. At first I was puzzled By the horns, but they in fact work rather well with the rest of the gear. The way you utilized the other set of horns on her chest to bring some detailing to the otherwise plain chain suite is also fitting and the armor as a whole looks solid. Nice work ;)!

And last but not least,the created Cassandra in a concept based armor and gear. I haven´t seen the concept picture myself till now, but you managed to execute her rather well, particulary considering the colour theme. I like how you coloured some of her skin as well to make it look like part of the Condemned underwear and make it look very similiar to concept arts gear. While colours are rather bright, they are still convenient to watch, not too bright and support Cassandras overall personality of "not-so-serious".

Overall, really nice work with all of them. Keep up the good work ;)! I will be eagerly watching you work :).
Thank you very much for your extensive review! I'm glad that you appreciate these as they are my favorites that I've created thus far. The Cassandra is my favorite to use in game, because the colors of that concept art stand out a bit from the norm, they have a bit of a retro feel to me? Anyways, I'm also a big sucker for red and green color combos, which you might be able to tell :') The Seong mina costume is also inspired by a bit of old SC concept art for a character with light armor and deer-like horns. Maybe a bit of an odd choice to stick it on mina, but that halberd was screaming out to be used!

Back